GoT Youtube vids - Part 2

Stubby

Drop everything you're doing and watch these incredible GOT (Seasons 1 to 3) fanvids by Youtube user hollywoodgrrl, stat:

Song: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

Theme: Covers several characters, almost plays like three mini-vids by verse (Baratheons and Targs, Greyjoys and Lannisters, and the Starks). Razor-sharp editing, interesting juxtapositions (Theon burning Robb's letter/Cersei ripping up the paper in Season 1), frigging badass song.

It's full of great little things:

-for the "mulatto" in each chorus, a bastard character is shown (Gendry, Ramsay, and Jon)

-the "albino" in one chorus is linked to Ghost (ha!)

-Cersei and Theon are juxtaposed for the line "I'm worse at what I do best"

-the line in the chorus "I feel stupid" is matched to Viserys and Renly just before they're killed in the first chorus; Theon when he murders Ser Rodrik in the second chorus; and Edmure when he's screwing up at Hoster Tully's funeral in the third chorus

-"With the lights out, it's less dangerous" is matched to Melisandre birthing the shadowbaby and Viserys' arm being broken in the first chorus; Theon with the hood over his head, Brienne looking worried and Jaime smiling at Brienne before he gets his hand cut off, and Tyrion getting his face sliced up at Blackwater; and Robb executing Rickard Karstark in the rain

Gyahhhh, it's just so amazing! Go watch it, now.

Song: Run, Boy, Run by Woodkid

Theme: Women of GOT, in a nutshell, but it's so much more than that. Intense, amazing editing, powerful, beautiful. Almost like a visual essay on the representation of women in GOT.

Drop everything you're doing and watch these incredible GOT (Seasons 1 to 3) fanvids by Youtube user hollywoodgrrl, stat:

Song: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

Theme: Covers several characters, almost plays like three mini-vids by verse (Baratheons and Targs, Greyjoys and Lannisters, and the Starks). Razor-sharp editing, interesting juxtapositions (Theon burning Robb's letter/Cersei ripping up the paper in Season 1), frigging badass song.

It's full of great little things:

-for the "mulatto" in each chorus, a bastard character is shown (Gendry, Ramsay, and Jon)

-the "albino" in one chorus is linked to Ghost (ha!)

-Cersei and Theon are juxtaposed for the line "I'm worse at what I do best"

-the line in the chorus "I feel stupid" is matched to Viserys and Renly just before they're killed in the first chorus; Theon when he murders Ser Rodrik in the second chorus; and Edmure when he's screwing up at Hoster Tully's funeral in the third chorus

-"With the lights out, it's less dangerous" is matched to Melisandre birthing the shadowbaby and Viserys' arm being broken in the first chorus; Theon with the hood over his head, Brienne looking worried and Jaime smiling at Brienne before he gets his hand cut off, and Tyrion getting his face sliced up at Blackwater; and Robb executing Rickard Karstark in the rain

Gyahhhh, it's just so amazing! Go watch it, now.

That was great! The visual matching to the lyrics was very clever. Two you didn't list that I liked:

- "A mosquito" Cut to Drogon hovering.

- "My libido" Each time that line is sung a different couple is shown hooking up.

• 2 weeks later...

http://jezebel.com/game-of-thrones-and-sesame-street-go-together-surprisin-1352714596

Two funny and Cute Videos of Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey on Sesame street.

But the real attraction at that link is if you scroll down to the comments where user diasdiem posted a picture of The Count with a caption, I won't spoil it except to say it the caption made me lose my coffee.

Archived