[BOOK SPOILERS] Spot the book deviations

teemo

Somebody just called a little girl a pussy because she lost a sword fight to a 6 foot tall man.

That is absolutely unhinged.

This forum has officially jumped the shark.

If you look at what I said, my point was that she should have been able to do something other than have the sword knocked out of her hand immediately. I also was referring to the general toning down of her character over the past two seasons but this episode really took it to another level.

ETA: I also found it completely against character that she told Gendry and Hot Pie about Jaqen getting them out of Harrenhal. That really bothered me because Arya would have known about the need for secrecy. She doesn't just go blab everything that happens.

If you look at what I said, my point was that she should have been able to do something other than have the sword knocked out of her hand immediately. I also was referring to the general toning down of her character over the past two seasons but this episode really took it to another level.

The entire point of the scene was that she is brave, but still has a lot to learn. Again, she is a little girl. A LITTLE GIRL.

The entire point of the scene was that she is brave, but still has a lot to learn. Again, she is a little girl. A LITTLE GIRL.

The point of this thread is book deviations. Yes she's a little girl. But that little girl in the books has done a lot of arguably awful - but the opposite of pussy - things. Show Arya barely even resembles book Arya. Some people like that, but I'm not one of them. Arya is one of my favorite book characters and they are leaving out an awful lot of the situations and events that make her who she is and shape her character.

Honestly, calling her a pussy is very immature and low brow. Not really worth having any more of a conversation if you're going to use language like that.

Probably should have said that before your multiple replies.

Somebody just called a little girl a pussy because she lost a sword fight to a 6 foot tall man.

That is absolutely unhinged.

This forum has officially jumped the shark.

lol seriously though people..... calm down. the changes have mostly been irrelevant so far:

instead of having to pay an actor to play tom o sevens, just make thoros sing. tomo o sevens will be important for later on in Riverrun in season 4/5

arya... is like 13 in the show she will get to the more grim parts of her story when that time comes but for now its all about her journey

bran and rickon not being dead makes sense because they weren't found dead or alive due to the different circumstances in the show and its still tragic regardless but softens the blow in a way I mean some shit is going to go down later on..

I'm really looking forward to how they are going to do the Reek part

You know what's bugging me? Last season, Yara tells Theon that the entire North wants to see him hang for killing the Stark boys. So why hasn't Robb received the news yet? It's a plot hole they should have amended by now.

EDIT: Never mind. Theon killed all the ravens in the show.

You know what's bugging me? Last season, Yara tells Theon that the entire North wants to see him hang for killing the Stark boys. So why hasn't Robb received the news yet? It's a plot hole they should have amended by now.

EDIT: Never mind. Theon killed all the ravens in the show.

That or she was bluffing.

I thought Jojen was going to mention the TOJ when Howland Reed's name came up fighting with Ned in Robert's rebellion.

Ya this kinda troubled me. TOJ kept popping up several times in GoT and wasn't mentioned at all in the S1. When Jojen said Howland cried and stuff I was like THEY'RE FINALLY GONNA TALK ABOUT IT! Then nothing... Now it's breaking my heart because I believe in the R+L = J theory and the fact that they haven't mentioned TOJ, which is the basis for the theory.

If Weiss and Benioff know about who sired Jon, and it is R+J=L, then why not throw a hint out there?

The grouping together of characters (Ros, Thoros/Tom o Sevens, etc...) and the story changes, additions, subtractions and all sometimes bother me, but I understand about how much it costs to film in Iceland and Morocco etc.. and paying,costuming people and all that... but what makes me REALLY okay with everything is the fact that Mr. Martin is involved, and since it is his work, I figure it all as enhancement for his story that he wants us to have.

It's a longsword. It's damn heavy and she's holding it one handed. I'm surprised she could hold it up at all.

No it's not. It would have been little over 1.5 to 2 pounds. If her sword needle was to be a proper sword to do its job well (stab and kill people), it would not have weighed anything significantly less than that either.

No it's not. It would have been little over 1.5 to 2 pounds. If her sword needle was to be a proper sword to do its job well (stab and kill people), it would not have weighed anything significantly less than that either.

Umm no? A medieval longsword would not weigh 1.5 to 2 pounds! And needle is more like a dagger in a case, very small

Umm no? A medieval longsword would not weigh 1.5 to 2 pounds! And needle is more like a dagger in a case, very small

Um, yes a medieval longsword would weigh 1.5 to 2 pounds. I suggest you do some serious research on it. All swords, whether they be longswords to rapiers (which is what needle was, and should be), did not normally go above 2.2 pounds in weight (there are exceptions, but even then the range is pretty much about 1.5 to 2 pounds, possibly 3 in some cases).

The most swords would go up to is possibly 5 pounds, and those are exceptionally large swords, wielded by only the strongest men who are most experienced with weaponry, and even then those swords were only used for a specific purpose and were not at all common on medieval battlefields. Those being great swords, utilized for helping to break pike formations.

Is Rickon really out of the picture, or is he just off for a jaunt? "His wolf will protect him" or something like that? So now Osha will stay with the gang?

Archived