[NO SPOILERS] Through 2 episodes: Favorite new character

So two episodes in lots of new characters intoriduced. Who made the most favorable impressions. Remember this is a no spoiler thread.

My favorite was either Olenna Redwine Tyrell or Jojen. Both had very memorable intros and were how I pictured the characters in my mind.

Other notables: Tormond, Orell, Mance, Olenna Tyrell, Thoros of Myr, Anguy, Meera Reed, Qyburn, other (am I missing anyone).

I was hoping to say Vargo Hoat, but it looked like they changed him quite a bit. So I'll have to go with Thoros.

Vargo Hoat was written out and replaced by this new character, his name is Locke.

Also, Thoros rules. And the actors that play The Queen of Thorns and Jojen Reed are spot on.

Loved Thoros (despite the mix, the result so far is awesome) and Anguy, I mean his scene with Hot Pie was great!

Olenna is also one of my favorites. I don't mind that the writer toned her down a bit, she was still sharp enought for me.

Really liked Jojen scenes so far, just hope that he explains more in the future about him being a seer too.

My favorite character is that hat/veil thing that Lady Olenna is wearing! Or the introduction of the Carstarks - "I think the war was over when you married that one" Uh-oh!

they showed rickard karstark last season lol he had a few lines

Anguy. I love his arrow trick.

That was perfect. I was all like "Best follow, not smart to run from an archer that shoots like that."

The Queen of Thrones nailed it for me. Loved it.

Thoros was less, erm, depressed than I remember, but that might be after another event. That said, I love new Thoros muuuuch better.

Jojen was great! I didn't dislike him in the books, but he wasn't standoutish. Now he is.

This season, I've been relatively pleased with the introductions of the new characters, even if they didn't quite fall into line with their book counterparts.

I thought Jojen's introduction in Bran's dream was stunning. In fact, I might even go as far as to say that small scene is my favourite of Season three, so far.

I never had a shadow of doubt over the casting of Diana Rigg as Lady Olenna. I think this ep. proves I wasn't completely deluded.

Tormund, I was quite happy with, I'm quietly hoping, as the season goes on, I'll gain the strength of feeling I had for him in the books.

I was having a bit of trouble picturing Mackenzie Crook as Orell, when his role was first announced, but his warging scene, short as it was, I found quite satisfying.

My single biggest disappointment, and I really hate to say it, is Mance. When I heard Ciaran Hinds had been cast, I couldn't have been more surprised. He is capable of delivering charismatic performances, I have no doubt, but as Mance?.... no. I'm just not feeling it, and for that matter, I'm not seeing it either.

In the case of Thoros of Myr, whilst he is, in no shape or form, how I imagined him to be, I approve. I think he's a good example of how a character can be moulded to serve viewers needs, if not their expectations. I truly wish I could say the same for Mance.

Archived