[NO SPOILERS] Through 2 episodes: Favorite new character

Jojen was fey and spooky and magical. Meera was forceful and pretty and she totally zinged Osha. "Some men are worth protecting"... just like Osha does with Bran!

Tormund and Anguy made me totally sit up and take notice. Who ARE these uber-warriors? Do they have some magic that they can see through rocks, and nail things perfectly whether with sword or arrow? I REALLY hope we see more of these people.

Lady Olenna was great. I expected nothing less of Diana Rigg.

Thoros and Anguy were a surprise. The Brotherhood Without Banners is made out to be some kind of Merry Men - esque group, and I love it! They're funny, smart, and dangerous. I like dangerous people. :P

Dianne Rig nailed Olenna Tyrell, and I'm not sure how anyone can complain that she fell short and was toned down. Most of her lines were straight from the books anyway.

Thoros was a close second in terms of awesomeness. I liked that he had rather a lot of Tom O Sevens in him to give him that extra flair.

I haven't heard a lot of praise for the actor playing Orell the warg yet, so let me chime in and say I really LIKE his peculiar gaunt looks. I always imagined Orell from the books being rather rat-like and conniving so the way he looks in the show does not disappoint. He hasn't had any big speaking parts yet, but I saw the previews where he does get involved more with Jon Snow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Like everyone else, I thought Olenna's introduction was amazingly great and spot on and I do like the twist they put on Thoros of Myr even though that's not at all how I imagined him from the books, it really works for the show and the actor portraying him really is very engaging and did a fantastic job.

Archived