[Book Spoilers] Bran and Rickon

scurvy

Isn't it necessary for it to be common knowledge that Bran and Rickon are presumed dead. Not just missing. But, dead. Otherwise Sansa is not the heir to Winterfell and her claim begins as questionable. Why not say that the Bastard's men found Bran and Rickon's charred remains?

It could have given Catelyn her scene that they took away from her. Her best chapter in the books- replace Brienne with Talisa and have her miserable at their deaths. She could even say that she feels her heart is turning to stone.

And, it would give Sansa much more value in KL to Twyin.

I think Robb was just trying to spare his mother's (and possibly his own by being in denial) that the boys could have survived. I think later in the season when Robb and Cat talk about Robb's heir after the GW, he's going to tell her "arya, bran, and rickon are dead, accept it" just like in the books, but with the other boys now.

I hated it. It was character assassination and it wasn't even in the books. Don't the writers know that they can't just write fake things in it looked really stupid and I don't know what the point of that scene was.

Are you trolling? I've seen this exact wording on another thread.

EDIT: yep, on three different threads. With the exception of characters they literally change (Talisa, but I'm not quite convinced she's not Jeyne,) I don't think there is such a thing as "character assassination."

Bran Muffin will soon be Bran Flakes. Lol. Next he'll be growing a little beard or moustache.

Now you're making it sound like they will chop him into little bits!

With the kids growing up so fast how are they going to handle it in the show if it goes a full 7-8 seasons? Bran's going to be drinking beer and shagging Osha on the back of the cart next season while poor Hodor pulls them along. LOL I really see problems though. Rickon and Bran are growing crazy fast and so is Arya.

Here's the thing.

Are Bran and Osha and Rickon gonna split from Bran sometime, it was logical in the books.

So Osha goes with Rickon.

George likes Natalia Tena (heck I like her too, the most exotic looking character in the show, er, human)....

So when the split? Then D and D have to make up a story for her and Rickon ... will they get that from GRRM?

Osha and Rickon as still alive by the end of ADwD....

Across two novels we have gotten only a micros worth of their story.

O lord, Winter is going to be several chapters longer!

With the kids growing up so fast how are they going to handle it in the show if it goes a full 7-8 seasons? Bran's going to be drinking beer and shagging Osha on the back of the cart next season while poor Hodor pulls them along. LOL I really see problems though. Rickon and Bran are growing crazy fast and so is Arya.

You often get 20-somethings playing 17 year olds in TV shows, it'll probably be fine.

I really liked what they did with Bran and his crow dream we got to see the Stark boys back together and the voice of The Ned if only for a few seconds. The premonition of Jojen was pretty good.

I'd seen that Isaac looked much older but fecking hell his voice is as deep as mine and he is 3 years younger. On the ageing thing remember that the kid playing Jojen is actually a 21/22 year old man so shouldn't be much problem with that

Archived