[Book Spoilers] House Bolton

What is everyone's take on House Bolton's depiction on the show so far? I think they're doing a pretty good job of setting Roose up to be a defacto "Right Hand Man" of Robb which will make his betrayal even greater.

I'm pumped to see how Ramsay gets fleshed out in the show and how his whole psychological/physical torture of Theon goes. Are they going to be able to accurately show how much of a sociopath he is?

I think the Boltons are developing really well. The change of Hoat to Locke, who I got the impression was one of the Boltons rather than a member of House Locke (like in the book), feels justified now after ep2. This way they can give the Boltons as much screentime as possible before the betrayal, rather than giving the shortlived Mummers and Hoat pointless time. And Theon and the Bastard had a good introduction. Can't wait until the next episode.

Not so sure about their banner though. I'm not a brit so I'm not offended, but it looks way too much like the Union Jack :P

I really love how House Bolton is getting a lot of screentime this season. Their banners were everywhere this episode. I just wish they'd mentioned Roose Bolton's first name.

I had been worried that House Bolton wasn't getting enough emphasis, which the visual medium needs, and was delighted that there were no less than 4 Bolton name drops in this episode (the only time the word "Bolton" has been mentioned in the show since Garden of Bones).

We had two mentions of "Lord Bolton", one mention of "Bolton's Bastard", and Jaime saying "the flayed man of House Bolton" at the end. I also wish that Roose's first name was mentioned, although House Bolton had more than enough emphasis this episode. I must admit though that when Locke ordered his men to pay the farmer a silver, I fully expected them to kill him.

I wish they had established them last season. A couple friends of mine were asking me about them and if they were fighting for Robb or if they were a seperate army... But, I think its being set up well enough this season. I just hope they don't rush it en route to the RW.

I had been worried that House Bolton wasn't getting enough emphasis, which the visual medium needs, and was delighted that there were no less than 4 Bolton name drops in this episode (the only time the word "Bolton" has been mentioned in the show since Garden of Bones).

We had two mentions of "Lord Bolton", one mention of "Bolton's Bastard", and Jaime saying "the flayed man of House Bolton" at the end. I also wish that Roose's first name was mentioned, although House Bolton had more than enough emphasis this episode. I must admit though that when Locke ordered his men to pay the farmer a silver, I fully expected them to kill him.

Yeah, they will have to kill him I would have thought. The Boltons cant have Robb find out they have Jaime, so he must be silenced.

I tip Jaime will see his corpse in Harrenhal or on the way,and realise that something is fishy.

So I guess it won't be the Mummers cutting off Jaime's hand. Will it be blatently done by Bolton's men?

Locke does it. Apparently he has a hate for Jaime due to his high born birth, and takes his anger out after the sapphire excuse means he cant rape Brienne.

Or at least thats what someone who watched ep3 said.

Yeah, they will have to kill him I would have thought. The Boltons cant have Robb find out they have Jaime, so he must be silenced.

I tip Jaime will see his corpse in Harrenhal or on the way,and realise that something is fishy.

They don't really need to kill him, he's just some peasant farmer who will probably never cross paths with the King in the North.

Boltons have been great so far can't wait to see more of them. Ramsay is going to be TWISTED!

Locke does it. Apparently he has a hate for Jaime due to his high born birth, and takes his anger out after the sapphire excuse means he cant rape Brienne.

Or at least thats what someone who watched ep3 said.

Show spoiler tag would nice.

I like how they are fleshing out House Bolton so far, makes sense since they are going to have a prominent role later on. Bolton's men also see to have their own armour design like all major houses do, or at least the soldiers at the Dreadfort wore armour different from the usual Stark/Northmen soldier's.

I point out Roose Bolton to my non-book reader wife every time he is on the screen. I want her to know who he is for sure before he gives Rob Jaime's regards. She is also confused as to who Karstark is, but I let that slide.

I wish they had established them last season. A couple friends of mine were asking me about them and if they were fighting for Robb or if they were a seperate army... But, I think its being set up well enough this season. I just hope they don't rush it en route to the RW.

Roose definitely stood out to me in the last season and I hadn't read the books then. I don't think I've ever heard the word "flay" before in fiction so after I looked it up in the dictionary Roose suddenly went from one of Robb's bannerman to creepy sick Lord. He also had a disapproving face on him everytime Robb messed up so I was really getting the hint that he wasn't to happy and would certainly be doing something about in the next few episodes or seasons.

Did they explicitly say anywhere in the episode that we've met Ramsay? I see people mentioning it in the "no spoiler" thread, but as far as I know that's a spoiler at this point...

Archived