[Book Spoilers] House Bolton

I think they have been clever with the Bolton's. The banner was in season 1 - think it was the Greatjon finger scene and Roose has also been about in the background. I suspect the colour change was a visual/TV decision to help it stand out more, whether it does I don't know.

I like the arc, but I wish the actor they'd gotten to play Roose was more visually unique. I understand why they can't do incredibly pale eyes, but I still wish there was something that made his apparence a bit more distinctive, even if it was only a prominent Flayed Man badge on his tunic. As it is, week to week, I can't really remember what he looks like.

Ugh -- flashback to a much older version of this board and a poster called Flayed Man. Don't suppose anyone else here would remember him....

He was described in the book as an ordinary looking guy. Thats the point of the shock factor when he betrays Robb, no one was expecting it.

They can get at least 3 scenes out of him where he is a focus-point pre-RW to avoid fans feeling cheated and going "who the f' is he? when he does the nasty.

1) Meeting Jamie- how does Jamie greet him?/Dealing with Locke. What will he decide to do?

2) Deciding what to do with Jamie/Brienne - as "Lord" of Harrenhal. A delicious scene in the book with the whole question of "which side will he choose?" hanging in the air. His words sounded loyal- everything else screamed otherwise.

We may also find out about his leeches habit when they are in Harrenhal. Noone will forget that detail in a hurry! Roose will be the ultimate authority for all of this period. He will be the decision maker in both scenes. Fans can't miss him.

3) A final scene where Robb and Cat spell it out- "ah, here's Roose Bolton joining us for the wedding from Harrenhal with half my army! I was right to trust Roose Bolton. Even more than my mother, eh?" dig.

Archived