[Book Spoilers] Theon!

I'm not sure if someone posted about this in this forum or where I saw it but he/she had a really good point.

If the character of 'REEK' did not appear how he did in the books, then Ramsay may not ever call Theon 'Reek' because it would not be justified. Unless Ramsay tells Theon in the show that he used to have a Reek and now Theon will become his new Reek or something like that... Just curious...

Reek as a name in the books symbolises enslavement. A person with no will of his won, only his maters. The name "Boy" in the show will serve the same purpose. Theon will most likely turn into Boy.

I think i have a hole in my memory..

You should know that i finished reading AFfC..

I cant really remember what happened to Theon after he got captured by Ramsay. Can someone refresh my old brain?

Or anyway what even was mentioned about him..

I was aware already that Theon get tortured in ADwD.. because of a Picture showing him with Blood and there is a connection to Ramsay.

So without spoiling me for what will happen to him in ADwD i want to know what happened to him after he got captured by Ramsay.

Thx in advance.. and i always thought i had a brilliant capacity for remembering. :bang:

I think i have a hole in my memory..

You should know that i finished reading AFfC..

I cant really remember what happened to Theon after he got captured by Ramsay. Can someone refresh my old brain?

Or anyway what even was mentioned about him..

I was aware already that Theon get tortured in ADwD.. because of a Picture showing him with Blood and there is a connection to Ramsay.

So without spoiling me for what will happen to him in ADwD i want to know what happened to him after he got captured by Ramsay.

Thx in advance.. and i always thought i had a brilliant capacity for remembering. :bang:

Well, it's kind of impossible to not spoil ADWD since you don't really find out what happened to Theon until ADWD ... you find out through his first chapter flashbacks/memories what happened in between ACOK and ADWD and then it goes forward with more stuff happening. So ... yeah.

Jenthehen.. okay thank you!

So that means i didnt missed out on something. Will be carefully to not spoil me about more details.

But why is it then in the Show? I guess they dont want use flashbacks and keep fan favourites still in the show.

I don't hate Theon for conquering WF or the kids, but he did betray Robb.

In order to remain loyal to his family. He was in a spot where he had to choose a side, he could not possibly please both his father and robb. He decided to obey his Father, wich i think even Ned Stark would agree was the "Right" (by westeros ethics) thing to do in his situation.

So that means i didnt missed out on something. Will be carefully to not spoil me about more details.

But why is it then in the Show? I guess they dont want use flashbacks and keep fan favourites still in the show.

It wouldn't work in the show to have a character be gone for two seasons, or even one for that matter (given the huge cast already) and when he is re-introduced we see he is drastically changed without any knowledge of what happened to him. Plus, Theon is one of D&D's favourite characters, his storyline this season is going to be amazing I can tell already. They are basically filling in the holes from the book when it comes to Theon.

Well, the flashbacks/memories fill you in on what was happening to Theon during ASOS / parts of AFFC (most of AFFC and ADWD are at about the same time, though). Using flashbacks/narration wouldn't work as well for a tv show, I think ... it's smart of them to just show what's happening in real time along with the rest of the stories ... I'm sure they will combine AFFC and ADWD events, too.

In terms of the Reek = Theon anxiety, I think people have to remember that chronologically there is a lot of time before the aDwD stuff Theon goes through, and considering its obvious the producers plan on keeping Alfie throughout the show, this give the 3 seasons (not including this one) worth of writing stories for his character. Reek and his connection to Theon could be introduced next season.

Personally I think they are going to end this season with Theon acknowledging that he is Ramsey's slave first and foremost. Reek could just be an arbitrary name Ramsey gives him because it rhymes with freak. After the Ramsey "games" I could see them using the story having Ramsey torture Theon until Theon psychologically accepts his name is Reek. Maybe referencing Roots whipping scenes just flaying instead.

"What is your name"

"Theon Greyjoy"

-screams (repeat 3x)

"What is your name boy!"

"Reek...Reek it rhymes with freak."

In order to remain loyal to his family. He was in a spot where he had to choose a side, he could not possibly please both his father and robb. He decided to obey his Father, wich i think even Ned Stark would agree was the "Right" (by westeros ethics) thing to do in his situation.

He was really in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. He obviously desperately craved his father's approval, and after being held as a hostage for most of his life + having not left the Iron Islands until he was like 10 (which is pretty late, so he still has really strong memories of home) it's no wonder that he did what he did.

I disliked him at first but came around before the end of ACoK even, to me Theon Greyjoy is probably the most genuinely well-written and nuanced character GRRM's done even if Arya is my "favorite" at heart. His ADWD story of slowly regaining his identity is incredible. It's a shame that the point of his character is so fundamentally misunderstood by most fans, it's nice to see a few defenders around here.

I'm looking forward to seeing his story on the screen, as Alfie Allen and Iwan Rheon are great actors. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is Ramsay fangirls and shippers and all that, it's kind of sad and weird on a primal level. Ramsay-chan~~ (lol, being a little melodramatic there but you know what I mean. Ugh.)

Reek as a name in the books symbolises enslavement. A person with no will of his won, only his maters. The name "Boy" in the show will serve the same purpose. Theon will most likely turn into Boy.

I'm pretty sure "Boy" won't be used as Ramsay's name on the show. It was only for purposes of identifying Iwan's character on IMDB, etc. without giving away who he's playing.

I'm pretty sure "Boy" won't be used as Ramsay's name on the show. It was only for purposes of identifying Iwan's character on IMDB, etc. without giving away who he's playing.

You may be right. I happen to think that it would make a good, no exposition needed, substitute for Reek, and that maybe why they chose it for the online credit subterfuge.

The actor portraying the "boy" is going to be excellent. He was the best part of the British TV show "The Misfits". and while he wasn't playing a sadistic character in that show, he has a superhuman ability to go from looking sweet and innocent to really creepy in a split second. I can't wait for when he reveals his true nature.

Yeah, Theon can't disappear that long. He's not Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My only regret is I know Tumblr will be crawling with Theon/Ramsay shippers. I'm either going to ruin my keyboard from laugh-spitting coffee or have a painful need for brain bleach.

Yeah, Theon can't disappear that long. He's not Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My only regret is I know Tumblr will be crawling with Theon/Ramsay shippers. I'm either going to ruin my keyboard from laugh-spitting coffee or have a painful need for brain bleach.

:lmao:

http://i.imgur.com/l2sJi.gif (my face irl at the thought)

I should probably find it hilarious but it sort of legit bums me out that people are like this. Fandom. :bang:

I LOVED how they managed to create a bit of mistery around what is happening to Theon. The non-book readers will be astonished when they learn the truth!

I think it would be pretty obvious where he is ...just by looking at the contraption he's in and how the directors always seem to zero in on a certain northern lords sigil....

I was really glad that they didn't drop his storyline until the show got to book 5; would've hated his character being MIA for so long

In a way this is part of book 5...because theon recounts very vividly how ramsay and his pets torture him in book 5 flash backs.....maybe they'll pick up his story line again back in the dungeon eating rats....

Archived