[BOOK SPOILERS] Tyrion/Shae/Ros/Littlefinger/Varys

teemo

So - what exactly is the deal here? I'm confused.

Varys hired Ros to be Littlefinger's hand of the pimp so she could get him information about....what? Is Sansa already meeting up with Littlefinger? Why are Shae and Sansa BFF? Shae's very blatant jealousy will now be weird when Tyrion and Sansa get married, which is obviously the point, but these five seem really connected and I'm kind of confused as to where the show is going with it..

To be honest I'm slightly lost too but I'll try and convey this how I think it works. Firstly I'm just going to say I'm kindda split on the 'Ros' character but I'm ok with her.

I think what needs to be noted is that both Varys and Littlefinger are very big players in the game and that only becomes more apparent after a 'Storm of Swords'. I believe Varys may have hired Ros just so he could keep an eye on LF. In the TV series we have one or two scenes (I think) between LF and Varys in which it is shown they are both very much wary of the other. I think Varys has planted Ros there so he can keep tabs on what LF is doing. I think Varys is wary of LF and LF is just as wary of Varys.

Shae and Sansa are BFF because... I don't know. We know she was assigned to be a handmaiden for Sansa and in season 2 she helped with the bloody sheets and all that lark, so I think Sansa trusts her more than others. (Note that she didn't tell Shae what LF and her talked about. I don't think Sansa trusts Shae entirely). I think Shae's jealousy will become more prominent when Tyrion and Sansa marry. It may give us a solid and coherent reason as to why Shae was found in Tywin's bed when Tyrion went there. I've never been sure whether Shae had always been Tywin's spy or not but I think in the TV series their saying she's not Tywin's spy and so she turns jealous and thus betrays Tyrion.

I think what will occur is that Sansa will marry Tyrion (like in the books) and Shae will get jealous for that reason. Then when Joff's wedding comes along and he dies Littlefinger will run off with Sansa and Ros and Tyrion will get locked away for the murder of Joffrey. Then I assume the story will continue as the books did before with Tyrion finding Shae in Tywin's bed (with Vary's help) and Sansa getting dragged along with LF. I think Sansa and Ros will probably establish a friendship at that point. Varys will stay loyal to the books IMO and help Tyrion escape with motivation from Jamie. Will Varys and Ros keep in touch? I don't know.

I hope this answers what you were thinking or what you were wondering. Personally I think it's going to stay loyal to the books with just the addition of Ros. Sorry if its a bit long winded.

I think to satisfy Shae's concern, protect Sansa, and as how we can see Tyrion cannot deny her (Shae) anything, he will offer himself as a potential suitor to Sansa rather than Tywin deciding it for him.

Now the Vary's thing confuses me too; the only conclusion I can draw up is Tyrion/Sansa somehow with Vary's help escape the capital, Tyrion still kills Tywin and Shae too. Jaime still plays a part as well, and maybe, remember in season two when Tyrion was concerned about Mormont's pleas for help, maybe instead of fleeing to Pentos Tyrion hitches a ship to the Wall bringing Sansa with him as per Jaime's vow to return the Stark girls.

The wall will be safer because by late Season 4 and early Season 5 Winterfell and the North belong to Bolton. And with Jon as Lord Commander she'll be far from harm.

I don't know what it is but I feel like D&D will send Tyrion to the Wall. I personally disliked much of his storyline in Dance and believe it can be done away with for something more better. The good parts in Tyrion's chapters in Dance were Griff, screw the rest.

I don't know what it is but I feel like D&D will send Tyrion to the Wall. I personally disliked much of his storyline in Dance and believe it can be done away with for something more better. The good parts in Tyrion's chapters in Dance were Griff, screw the rest.

Didn't D&D decide that Talisa would be from Volantis so people would become familiar with that city which would appear in future seasons? I mean, Jon Con and Young Griff could go there on their own, I suppose, but it would be a lot more fun with Tyrion around.

I hope they don't change it and kill off Shae early, I've been looking forward to her betraying the shit of Tyrion since first appearing.

No chain to strangle her with, maybe he stabs her with the Hand's pin.

He even mentioned how nice it looked

They've got to introduce tension between Tryion and Shae somehow. In ACOK there is already an air of uneasiness about the relationship. But we didn't get the slap scene in season 2 and show Shae is a lot more of a seemingly benign figure than the book version. I'm apprehensive about whether the jealousy element will be enough to make the eventual betrayal believable. It was present in the book, but it was certainly not the major animus for Shae to decide to throw Tyrion under the bus. I always thought that Shae acted much like Bronn did at the end of ASOS. She liked the benefits that Tyrion provided but once they dried up she wasn't going to stick her neck out to stay loyal and hooked up with Cersei and Tywin as the source of the benefits she craved. The lack of that essential selfishness in Shae is what makes me apprehensive about whether the story line works out.

I'm apprehensive here too, how is LF supposed to get away with Sansa swithout Varys knowing?

I think that's why Ros is even there; to take up Sir Dontos ' spot in the story. LF will catch on to the game Varys and Ros are playing, and when he makes his escape with Sansa after Joffrey's murder, he'll kill Ros. No way is she getting out of this arc alive.

I think that's why Ros is even there; to take up Sir Dontos ' spot in the story. LF will catch on to the game Varys and Ros are playing, and when he makes his escape with Sansa after Joffrey's murder, he'll kill Ros. No way is she getting out of this arc alive.

Point is that Varys doesn't even know who has Sansa. He would know because Ros would know on the show.

Along the lines of Zman1863 - I think, maybe, Shae's story arc might end up being very different in the TV show from the book.

• In the book we have the constant reminder of how broken up Tyrion was about the (non)whore of his childhood. Less so here.
  • In the book Shae does always seem to be a little more in it for the money than she seems in the TV show.
  • In the book she doesn't give a rat's ass about Sansa, and in the TV show she does.

This all makes me think that they are going to have her stay loyal and have was Tywin kill her instead of Tyrion to make the wound that drives Tyrion to kill Tywin a little fresher and relevant to the TV audience. MAYBE.

I think to satisfy Shae's concern, protect Sansa, and as how we can see Tyrion cannot deny her (Shae) anything, he will offer himself as a potential suitor to Sansa rather than Tywin deciding it for him.

Now the Vary's thing confuses me too; the only conclusion I can draw up is Tyrion/Sansa somehow with Vary's help escape the capital, Tyrion still kills Tywin and Shae too. Jaime still plays a part as well, and maybe, remember in season two when Tyrion was concerned about Mormont's pleas for help, maybe instead of fleeing to Pentos Tyrion hitches a ship to the Wall bringing Sansa with him as per Jaime's vow to return the Stark girls.

The wall will be safer because by late Season 4 and early Season 5 Winterfell and the North belong to Bolton. And with Jon as Lord Commander she'll be far from harm.

I really hope the TV series doesn't steer too far away from the books in this respect. I know the TV series is only based off the books and does not need to stick for it scene for scene. For example with Arya and Tywin, whoever came up with that needs a medal and needs to stand on a plinth for all time because that was genius, but it didn't drive away from the storyline that much other than the soup. I don't like Tyrion's arc either in Dance but I don't want the TV series to go that far off track.

As for what's happening with the entire Sansa thing, I dunno. In the books LF went to the Vale and picked Sansa off via Dontos in the bay. In this it is LF doing the speaking to Sansa directly. Will LF be at Joff's wedding?

I think the scene between Tyrion and Shae might be things getting back on track. In the show she has been devoted to him, one cannot really see her betraying him during his trial. If she is jealous of Sansa she might abandon him when they get married. Before I thought D&D would make Tywin hang Shae to make Tyrion kill him.

Does anyone believe the show´s Tywin would willingly slept with Shae? He hates whores and he seems to be still very much devoted to his late wife. Even in the book I thought that "twist" is coming out of thin air (GRRM just needed a reason why she is in Tywin´s bedroom), but on the show we know Tywin much better. He is not someone who would take his deformed son´s whore into a bed.

I think the story will be copletely different and unlike Bron (where they always make sure to point out his lack of loyalty) Shae will not have any active part in the betrayal. Tyrion will escape, finally ready to give up all and have the simple secluded life with Shae they discussed last season, but Shae will be gone. Then he will confront his father who will laugh at him and how pathetic he is for falling for a whore so Tyrion will kill him. And then someone (Varys) will hint she may still be alive and was put on a ship to east thus give his whole "where the whores go" journey a real purpose.

I think the scene between Tyrion and Shae might be things getting back on track. In the show she has been devoted to him, one cannot really see her betraying him during his trial. If she is jealous of Sansa she might abandon him when they get married. Before I thought D&D would make Tywin hang Shae to make Tyrion kill him.

The thing that struck me is that Tyrion can no longer rendevous with Shae. His marrying Sansa makes it easier for the two of them to see each other and while Tyrion might be enthralled by Sansa the feeling is not mutual. I'm not sure if this situation will really get her jealous or not. I think that either Ros or Shae will get offed like Ser Dontos and that the other will either get killed by Tywin or Tyrion or survive.

Archived