[BOOK SPOILERS] Tyrion & Sansa

I can see Shae being Jealous and Ros actually being the one who wants to help Sansa get away. I don't buy Shae caring about Sansa. I think she is a Tywin stooge all along and he wants her to keep an eye on Sansa as a Stark and her trying to get Tyrion to help Sansa is likely part of Tywins plan.

She was pretty much a huge brat in the first book as well, we just saw through her POV what she thought.

Oh yes she was. I recall hating her at first and it took a while for her to grown on me. However I still think that Sansa became much more likable in the books than in the series, at least that's what I get from non book readers that I know and comment on the show with me.

I bet Sansa would actually start to love Tyrion at least a bit and would be very reluctant to leave him, if not downright forced to do it. They've whitewashed Tyrion so much it would only be natural to go in this direction.

I hope not. I mean it would be very frustrating to see this huge change.

I think that since we won't probably have a Tyrell suggestion of marriage in the show for her (Willas), I think that Tywin will come with the marriage idea to get his hands on Winterfell. I also hope that this idea don't come up from Shae and Tyrion.

I think the showrunners will do the classic bait-and-switch on Sansa. She'll think she's marrying Loras Tyrell and her negative reaction to marrying Tyrion won't seem over-the-top at all, no matter how much TV audiences like Tyrion.

I am starting to believe Shae will somehow push Sansa to go with LF maybe even hand her the hairnet, after all she always dresses Sansa.

Shae could be trying to get him back after he starts to be more involve with Sansa. I think the book plot about their marriage can be thrown away by now. IMO it already started with Backwater and their conversation she told him, not saying or mumble it in a close up, se will pray for him. This is clearly not the book plot.

So the show storyline, with an unlikeable LF, give Tyrion a ledgit (for the show) reason to kill her. We would have a similar outcome at least in positioning of characters, and a possible set up for their reunion.

I actually thought Shae would turn on them earlier, in the rape scene, where Sansa said to Shae that she hated the king more then anyone, I still think this may come back and bite Sansa.

And when she said she pray for Tyrion she stated, as she prays for the King, in essence all Lanisters must die so it's follows the plot of Sansa hating Lannisters.

I think the showrunners will do the classic bait-and-switch on Sansa. She'll think she's marrying Loras Tyrell and her negative reaction to marrying Tyrion won't seem over-the-top at all, no matter how much TV audiences like Tyrion.

That's a good solution IMO ;)

I actually thought Shae would turn on them earlier, in the rape scene, where Sansa said to Shae that she hated the king more then anyone, I still think this may come back and bite Sansa.

And when she said she pray for Tyrion she stated, as she prays for the King, in essence all Lanisters must die so it's follows the plot of Sansa hating Lannisters.

But she prayed for him, in the books, the books martin wrote, like the episode, this is a difference to hate Lannisters

I think the jealously of Shae was done to add weight to Shae's future betrayal of Tyrion. In the books Shae gets mad at Tyrion about the marriage and then betrays him in the trial. I think this is just to give further support for her betrayal of Tyrion.

In the books she doesn't care at all, see her offering to do it next to Sansa while she sleeps or saying that after he inpregnate Sansa he would just come back to her. She betrays him because of the money she gets. Book Shae is just a common whore with enough brain to sell hersef always to the highest bidder in the long term. TV Shae seams to have feelings towards Tyrion and not only sees him as a never ending flood of money until Cersei offers her more

Do we still think the Martell marriage will play out like it does in the books? With Marg and her granny making plans to take her away to Highgarden only for Tywin to get wind of it and marry her off to Tyrion? Or do you think they will do away with that all together? I can't decide.

At this point, we don't know that Tyrion is going to marry Sansa. I think this was just a set up for Shae to betray Tyrion down the line. Tywin is going to demand the marriage and I can't wait for the scene where he tells Cersi that she must also wed again and have children. If they cut this, I will be extremely disapointed.

Dare they show Tyrion choking Shae? Dare they show the trial with all the hateful things she says? I thought they did a good job with setting the stage here, for all the reasons so many people have already stated and am really looking forward to what will happen next.

I can see Shae being Jealous and Ros actually being the one who wants to help Sansa get away. I don't buy Shae caring about Sansa. I think she is a Tywin stooge all along and he wants her to keep an eye on Sansa as a Stark and her trying to get Tyrion to help Sansa is likely part of Tywins plan.

This is what I know so far.

Lannisters want to keep Sansa. Tyrion does what's in the best interest of the Lannisters. Varys works for the Lannisters and Tyrion. Ros is (presumably) Varys's new partner. The odd man out is Lord Balish. He is planning something outside of the structure. (Ros tells Shae to watch out for Sansa with this man--Lord Balish.)

Shae's has a good relationship with Sansa and has done things in her best interest. They've bonded.

But now, with a little hint of jealousy, things maybe changing. We don't know.

Heres what I think will happen in the Tyrion and Sansa arcs.

1. Tyrion makes smart-ass remark to Grandmother Tyrell.

2. Tyrion marries Sansa.

3. Tyrion speaks fondly of Sansa to Shae.

4. Shae gets jealous.

5. Shae starts banging Tywin.

6. Sansa unknowingly poisons Joffrey.

7. Ros helps Sansa not Dontos.

8. Ros get killed or left for dead.

9. Tyrion kills Tywin and Shae with Joffrey crossbow.

10. Sansa goes to the Vale with Baelish.

11. Tyrion goes across Narrow Sea.

This is what I know so far.

Lannisters want to keep Sansa. Tyrion does what's in the best interest of the Lannisters. Varys works for the Lannisters and Tyrion. Ros is (presumably) Varys's new partner. The odd man out is Lord Balish. He is planning something outside of the structure. (Ros tells Shae to watch out for Sansa with this man--Lord Balish.)

Shae's has a good relationship with Sansa and has done things in her best interest. They've bonded.

But now, with a little hint of jealousy, things maybe changing. We don't know.

Varys does not work for the Lannister's you must always keep that in mind.

Exactly. Varys lets the Lannisters think that because it serves his purposes.

Tywin is going to demand the marriage and I can't wait for the scene where he tells Cersi that she must also wed again and have children. If they cut this, I will be extremely disapointed.

Have no fear. The Season 3 making-of production videos featured shots of at least two separate scenes with Tyrion, Tywin and Cersei seated around a table, so one of them will probably be that scene.

No I do no have to keep that in mind. Right now he is working for the Lannisters, and has no other alliances.

Maybe you think he is working for someone else, but that is not consistent with the show.

And what purposes does varys have? He has no pretentions on anythin, other then to save his skin, no pun intended, and be a King's counsel. He's always done what's in the best interest of the throne or himself (when he has to make the decision between following one of the ruling parties--i.e. Cersei vs Tyrion.)

No I do no have to keep that in mind. Right now he is working for the Lannisters, and has no other alliances.

Maybe you think he is working for someone else, but that is not consistent with the show.

And what purposes does varys have? He has no pretentions on anythin, other then to save his skin, no pun intended, and be a King's counsel. He's always done what's in the best interest of the throne or himself (when he has to make the decision between following one of the ruling parties--i.e. Cersei vs Tyrion.)

He is no one's man but his own. He is working for the Realm. Joffrey is not the best option for the Realm, so he is not working for the Lannisters.

Archived