[Book Spoilers] "Boy"

I think it's now quite obvious who "boy" is and what he's going to do. I didn't think it would happen so quickly though. Episode two.

or maybe they're throwing us a curve ball and Boy really is sent by Yara. I doubt it though.

Ohhhh no.

"Boy" is going to get very, very, very heavy in the next couple of episodes. I think we are going to start seeing some of the acts that earn "Boy" his reputation.

"Boy" is going to do a reveal into Ramsay, much in the same way Reek does his reveal into Ramsay in the books I think.

Obviously not the same, but there will be a parallel.

So Cleftjaw knocked Theon unconscious and then......?

They've obviously moved the false promise to the Ironborn back. Robb told Bolton to promise the Ironborn freedom if they give up Theon, Ramsay obviously managed to pass that message to Cleftjaw, who decided to take the offer. As Osha, Bran and co. saw, the Ironborn were all killed, just like in Moat Cailin in the books (but not flayed, that would probably spoil the surprise to non-readers).

It seems flaying is too costly for CGI (or too gruesome even for this show), and they are screwing screws into Theon instead. Good enough, I guess.

No way is he telling the truth. Rheon couldn't tell ANYONE who interviewed him about what the real deal with this "Boy" character is.

There's no way he'd be that cryptic if he really was just a spy sent by Asha. Couple that with the continued, conspicuous name dropping of "Bolton's bastard" all the time, and yeah... no waaaayyy.

This is good though. This is the storyline I'm most excited to follow this time.

So is everyone under the impression that the boy sent by Yara is actually Ramsay or that the one torturing/talking to Theon is Ramsay?

I'm confused as to which. Could be either in my mind depending how they decided to do this. But both could work. I was initially under the impression that Ramsay was the initial torturer since he seems to enjoy flaying and is the one (I think) kicking Theon in the trailer, thus I thought the "Yara spy" was just taking the place of the girl prisoner that Theon "escapes" with for Ramsay's hunt.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be revealed as Ramsay later in the season ... I know a lot of ppl picture Ramsay older, but wouldn't he be around the same age as Theon/Robb/Jon/etc? Also, Iwan Rheon is pretty famous and has been super secretive about his role in Game of Thrones ... and has even kiiinnnda let things slip w/ twitter actions, lol. I'm 100% sure that it's Ramsay.

It seems flaying is too costly for CGI (or too gruesome even for this show), and they are screwing screws into Theon instead. Good enough, I guess.

When he goes for Theon's finger I cringed thinking he would Flay it! I am seriously disturbed by flaying but I hope they do since it the Flayed man is being heavily added into this season so far.

When I saw he was sweeping and promised to help Theon, I instantly thought it was one of the games Ramsay plays. I think it's just the writer's way of putting the Kyra story line in without having to cast her only to have her not be part of the show after very little time.

He's going to set Theon free and then hunt him. And I do think with all the secrecy it's a bit obvious now.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be revealed as Ramsay later in the season ... I know a lot of ppl picture Ramsay older, but wouldn't he be around the same age as Theon/Robb/Jon/etc? Also, Iwan Rheon is pretty famous and has been super secretive about his role in Game of Thrones ... and has even kiiinnnda let things slip w/ twitter actions, lol. I'm 100% sure that it's Ramsay.

Ramsay's pretty young in the books too (early to mid twenties, most likely). He's described as a "young man" by Bran in his first appearance.

I like the storyline so far, personally. Obviously 'Boy' is who we all think, but I like the idea of him as a figure who continually(?) provides Theon with hope. A man without hope can hardly be broken further -- he's already given up, before long. A man with hope can horrifically suffer unendingly. Sounds right up Ramsay's alley, especially the idea of him spitting on that hope in the end.

-Edit -- plus he has a perfect position for himself to watch all of Theon's torture. Maybe not as hands-on as book-Ramsay would like, but still amazingly awful and voyeuristic once his true nature is revealed.

I like the positioning as a kid sweeping/cleaning up instead of as a fellow prisoner, as it allows the whole "letting him escape" angle. If Theon had his wits about him he'd question why the torturers would let some stable boy who just showed up there hang out while they're torturing a valuable prisoner, but Theon is obviously not in the mindset to think of that.

As to flaying, they've definitely played up the Boltons' affinity for flaying too much, both through Roose's comments last season and the mentions of the flayed man sigil, to not have him get flayed, probably after he's recaptured. I don't think we'll see flaying on-screen, but will probably get a gruesome view of his fingers once they're flayed.

Archived