[Book Spoilers] "Boy"

I thought I was weird how he left the door to the dungeon open the way he did, seemed like he wasn't trying to conceal his actions at all.

My interpretation was that was done purposely to drive home the symbolism of the X-shaped cross, which appears prominently in the Bolton heraldry on the show. Perhaps to give casual viewers an idea of Theon's location without actually giving it away (since the torturer doesn't answer Theon when he asks where he is).

I too can't wait to see where this story is headed in the coming weeks. The hunt sequence has a lot of potential to be horrifically awesome.

They've shown us murdered babies, decapitated people, charred corpses of children, removed nipples, etc... They HAVE to show us some flaying!

This is true ... I feel like we're probably all "worried" that the torture will be light, but it will probably be disgusting and awful and scar us for life :bawl:

No way is he telling the truth. Rheon couldn't tell ANYONE who interviewed him about what the real deal with this "Boy" character is.

There's no way he'd be that cryptic if he really was just a spy sent by Asha. Couple that with the continued, conspicuous name dropping of "Bolton's bastard" all the time, and yeah... no waaaayyy.

This is good though. This is the storyline I'm most excited to follow this time.

I don't want to spoil it for you, but you are right, he isn't telling the truth. We will find out in episode four. He is Ramsay. Also, I am almost certain they will show flaying.

Goodness, you're that worried about them not showing flaying? They showed a man's nipple being carved off. At least flaying of a random body part doesn't infer any cutting off of nerve endings.

IMDB is edited by many sources. Agents can fuck up sometimes.

Ehee, I love this turn. His eyes are gorgeous and will be terrifying very soon. He'll look a more delicate than book Ramsay, but it might create a nice dissonance. He looks a bit like a smaller, craggier Cillian Murphy, who was a lot of peoples' fantasy casting. What makes me curious is timing-wise when we will know he is the Bastard vs. when we learn more about Roose's intentions. It might be some awesome tension for viewers. On top of all his other mistakes, Good Stupid King Robb's second in command sanctions astounding torture.

Using this season to show Theon's descent into Reek will fix the fact we can't get directly into Theon's head later on. You can see quickly with Theon sobs for the Boy not to leave that he'll be clawing for any scrap of perceived kindness, even if it comes from the Bastard deciding to take one toe instead of two.

As for flaying, has anyone seen the American Being Human? One of the vampires gets flayed and it looks wonderfully gruesome. Someone refers to him as a "meatsicle."

What I'm looking forward to is when he drops the role he's playing and completely changes his personality. Boy might speak like any normal person, but Ramsay is overly aggressive and makes threats now and then. "Do it now or I'll nail your tongue to the wall" or like his letter to Jon which was just blunt threats instead of (does not necessarily need to be diplomatic) choosing better wording to explain his demands and circumstances.

No way is he telling the truth. Rheon couldn't tell ANYONE who interviewed him about what the real deal with this "Boy" character is.

There's no way he'd be that cryptic if he really was just a spy sent by Asha. Couple that with the continued, conspicuous name dropping of "Bolton's bastard" all the time, and yeah... no waaaayyy.

Not to mention that he LOOKS exactly like Ramsay if you pay attention to his scene.

Boy needs Theon to trust him first before he breaks him. It`s the whole point of the Ramsay - Reek relationship. Reek is supposed to be helplessly dependent on Ramsay, even to the point were he begs to be mutilated. It`s utterly horrendous.

But Ramsay needs to get inside Theon`s head first and slowly break him down. I wouldn`t be surprised if he doesn`t even reveal himself after the escape but waits some more, providing him with comfort after torture.

It`ll be the most fascinating storyline the next few seasons for sure.

Boy needs Theon to trust him first before he breaks him. It`s the whole point of the Ramsay - Reek relationship. Reek is supposed to be helplessly dependent on Ramsay, even to the point were he begs to be mutilated. It`s utterly horrendous.

But Ramsay needs to get inside Theon`s head first and slowly break him down. I wouldn`t be surprised if he doesn`t even reveal himself after the escape but waits some more, providing him with comfort after torture.

It`ll be the most fascinating storyline the next few seasons for sure.

Are you suggesting that Ramsay will play this Boy character for several more episodes and maybe reveal who he is like past halfway through the season?

Does Boys' voice sound creepy? "Your sister sent me. I'll come for you tonight when the castle sleeps"

didnt picture ramsay snow that way at all but i can tell its gonna be one hell of a season for theon.. theon will put his whole trust in boy in order to escape his captors only to find out its all a game and boy will reveal himself to be ramsay the guy who captured him in the first place

My interpretation was that was done purposely to drive home the symbolism of the X-shaped cross, which appears prominently in the Bolton heraldry on the show. Perhaps to give casual viewers an idea of Theon's location without actually giving it away (since the torturer doesn't answer Theon when he asks where he is).

I too can't wait to see where this story is headed in the coming weeks. The hunt sequence has a lot of potential to be horrifically awesome.

yea if non book readers pay attention to detail they will see that theon is in a position very similar to the bolton sigil on all those banners, one of my friends hasnt read the books but he already connected theon to bolton and to locke also, he thinks that the man flaying theon is boltons bastard. and he doesnt see anything wrong with that

Archived