[Book Spoilers] "Boy"

Also, I kind of hope that they keep in the "giving skin to Cat/Robb" thing ... but I kind of want them to be horrified instead of happy about it. I dunno, that's just me.

Same. I want them to completely destroy Theon this season and show us everything, even his castration. I like Theon, but Ramsay is one of my favorite characters, so... :devil:

Same. I want them to completely destroy Theon this season and show us everything, even his castration. I like Theon, but Ramsay is one of my favorite characters, so... :devil:

I still secretly hope that Theon hasn't been castrated :bawl: I don't know why, I just don't want to accept it ... I'd rather Ramsay had raped Theon or merely "flayed" (circumsized) him a bit and that's what the weirdness was about, hah. Well, if they show/heavily imply him castrated on the show, I'll have to accept it, I guess. :dunno:

I think if you like Theon, you have to "like" Ramsay since he's such a crucial part of Theon's character ... there's actually an interesting "essay" somewhere on tumblr about this topic.

On the timing of the Bolton betrayal reveal- I've read the books twice and now I'm starting to have a hard time remembering why I didn't see it coming the first time. After all the build up and angst over Cat releasing Jaime, there is really no excuse for Roose just sending him on his merry way home from King's Landing if Roose is the least bit committed to Robb as his King.

I do think they will have a harder time keeping the Bolton's ambitions under the radar on the show. And showing Theon's arc at this point may add to that difficulty. Although, I suppose you could also move some of Bolton's ADWD comments up and set the viewers up to think he really doesn't trust Ramsay, or have much to do with him (i.e- he could talk about Ramsay killing his trueborn sons. Talk about him being untrustworthy because of his bastard blood, etc.).

With all that said, again I just can't get myself back into my non-spoiled mindset of when I first read the books, so I have a hard time even remembering how I rationalized Roose letting Jaime go when I didn't know.

I'm the same way. When Arya was Roose's cupbearer, I kept thinking to myself, this guy is Robb's bannerman so why doesn't she just tell him who she is? I just figured she was being extra cautious and he seemed like a weirdo with the leeching, anyway. Then when he let Jaime go, I figured he was just being political and hedging his bets in case the Lannisters won the war. It never occurred to me he was going to completely jump ship on the Starks.

I still secretly hope that Theon hasn't been castrated :bawl: I don't know why, I just don't want to accept it ... I'd rather Ramsay had raped Theon or merely "flayed" (circumsized) him a bit and that's what the weirdness was about, hah. Well, if they show/heavily imply him castrated on the show, I'll have to accept it, I guess. :dunno:

I think if you like Theon, you have to "like" Ramsay since he's such a crucial part of Theon's character ... there's actually an interesting "essay" somewhere on tumblr about this topic.

I'm pretty sure if you "circumsize" somebody by flaying, you're basically castrating him. No more manhood after that.

I'm pretty sure if you "circumsize" somebody by flaying, you're basically castrating him. No more manhood after that.

I was thinking just removing the foreskin ... OMG TOO MUCH IN DEPTH DISCUSSION OF THEON GREYJOY'S JUNK!!!! haha/jk IT WILL RISE AGAIN, HARDER AND STRONGER, DAMMIT. :devil:

I think he lost everything. In one of Theon's chapters, Theon says to himself Ramsay took some of his fingers and "that other thing". Also, when Ramsay tells Theon to prepare Jeyne for him, Theon says he doesn't have something and then Ramsay tells him to use his tongue. It looks pretty clear to me Theon has absolutely nothing down there anymore.

I think he lost everything. In one of Theon's chapters, Theon says to himself Ramsay took some of his fingers and "that other thing". Also, when Ramsay tells Theon to prepare Jeyne for him, Theon says he doesn't have something and then Ramsay tells him to use his tongue. It looks pretty clear to me Theon has absolutely nothing down there anymore.

:crying:

Castration mean losing the function of the testicles.

In the modern world its done chemically, in Game of Thrones they would be cut off!

Flaying someones penis would be classed as Genital mutilation.

Ramsay is pure evil but I love the character as I'm constanlty wondering what evil deed he will do next.

Yeah, who knows what they'll actually do for the show ... there are a lot of liberties that can be taken since the memories of the torture leave room for interpretation. Flaying is the only specific and important part.

"Boy" looked like a kid. Iwan Rheon is 27, though, so once they do the reveal Ramsey'll probably look much older (change of clothes, "drawing himself up" and getting his evil on).

I've always pictured Ramsay like a very young man, with roughly the same age as Theon, dunno why.

I've always pictured Ramsay like a very young man, with roughly the same age as Theon, dunno why.

That's probably about right. He's described as a "young man" by an eight-year-old, so he's probably on par with Theon et al. Maybe a little bit older (early to mid twenties maybe), but still.

That's probably about right. He's described as a "young man" by an eight-year-old, so he's probably on par with Theon et al. Maybe a little bit older (early to mid twenties maybe), but still.

"Boy" looked like a teenager to me, though. I think this is intentional, to make the reveal have more impact. I believe Ramsey could have been around Theon's age, so actually a late teen/about 20 in the books, but since they've aged everyone up on the show, to be of the same age he'd need to be early to mid-20s.

"Boy" looked like a teenager to me, though. I think this is intentional, to make the reveal have more impact. I believe Ramsey could have been around Theon's age, so actually a late teen/about 20 in the books, but since they've aged everyone up on the show, to be of the same age he'd need to be early to mid-20s.

Iwan Rheon is 27 and I think Alfie Allen is 26, so it works!

Hehe, my favorite GOT podcast is A Cast of Kings. The co-host, David Chen, hasn't read the books. It's hilarious when he goes "So, Theon...it looks like...uh...his sister sent someone" and sounding very unsure but kind of hopeful while his co-host (who has read the books) stays painfully silent.Buahahaha.

I think D&D believe some people will think Locke is Roose's bastard until it's stated otherwise. Another red herring. I haven't looked at early reviews so I don't know how fast Ramsay reveals himself, either for the boy being the torturer or the torturer being Ramsay Bolton.

Heh, it's important they nail Ramsay. Iwan will have to be 20 kinds of horrible-awesome if he's replacing Joffrey as the character everyone despises. THAT is a tough act to follow but it'll be amazing if he inspires the same or even more loathing than Joff.

Popular consensus seems to point to Locke or the guy doing the actual torturing as being the bastard, and that's the people who aren't just assuming that the torturors are ironborn. I enjoyed Theon's storyline in ACoK and the identity switcheroo, and ended up pretty disappointed when they left it out - but they're replicating that same feeling of uncertainty really well this season. I definitely have no complaints.

It'll be really interesting to see how Rheon plays Ramsay. Even at his creepiest in Misfits, his character Simon was obviously a very boyish, insecure dude, and Joffrey's already got that aspect of villainy down pat. If he's done right he'll definitely be another antagonist figure that audiences love to hate, perfect for latching on to after Joffers is gone.

One does not simply like Ramsay Snow. Care to elaborate? If the series ends without him getting horribly killed, I would find it dissatisfying

Archived