[Book Spoilers] "Boy"

Are you suggesting that Ramsay will play this Boy character for several more episodes and maybe reveal who he is like past halfway through the season?

Does Boys' voice sound creepy? "Your sister sent me. I'll come for you when the castle sleeps"

That is exactly what I`m suggesting. Maybe even have Boy be "tortured" out of Theon`s line of sight so they can develop a bond that way too. Of course, how Boy would enjoy the hunt then without Theon noticing it`s him chasing him is beyond me. Most likely that`ll be his reveal then. I just think more time with Boy being "nice" would make the inevitable betrayal so much worse for Theon.

I didn`t notice anything weird about his voice. Will have to watch it again though.

I think "Boy" is going to hunt Theon after he escapes. Remember in ADWD when Reek recalled his and Kyra's escape and Ramsay hunted them down.

It won't happen that quick, if you watch the preview for next week's episode you can see two men hunting Theon and it's the same dudes doing the torturing. "Boy" is going to play his sick game for a while longer it seems before revealing the truth and besides... it wouldn't make sense to reveal him as Bolton's Bastard quite yet.

It won't happen that quick, if you watch the preview for next week's episode you can see two men hunting Theon and it's the same dudes doing the torturing. "Boy" is going to play his sick game for a while longer it seems before revealing the truth and besides... it wouldn't make sense to reveal him as Bolton's Bastard quite yet.

This makes me happy and is more in line with something Ramsay would do.

It makes me happy too. Not to mention the fact that they need to spread all the Theon torturing across two seasons of show to show his complete descent and eventual depravity. Perhaps it'll be mostly mind games this season, and flaying next year after it is revealed who Boy actually is.

From what I heard about Theon's arc in WiC.net...

Ramsay betrays Theon in the first four episodes of the season, which is fairly early. I don't know if it'll be in episode 3 or 4, but I believe it'll be in episode 3. They say Theon is caught by four Bolton men and is nearly raped, but then Ramsay kills them all with a bow and saves him. Later (I don't know if it's in the same episode), when the two of them are riding together, Theon tells "Boy" all about Winterfell, about the Starks being alive and all, and Ramsay looks very interested in the Starks. Ramsay is leading the way and leads Theon through a tunnel, saying that it's a shortcut or something like that, but, for Theon's disappointment, the tunnel ends on the torture room we saw last episode. Ramsay then blames Theon for the deaths of the four Bolton men. He doesn't reveal his identity, though.

I think Ramsay will order a hunt after the Stark kids. That might make Bran's journey much more entertaining. I bet that'll be the reason Bran and Rickon are going to split up later.

I'm sure it's been said before, but didn't T'Bastard of Bolton* only brutalise Our Theon in the fifth book? Getting ahead of ourselves?

*The biggest arsehole, but the funniest character name.

It was recounted by Theon in the 5th book, yeah, but at that stage all the brutalities had been carried out and Theon was already Reek. We're going to see it actually happening in the show because flashbacks are hammy in the television format.

My interpretation was that was done purposely to drive home the symbolism of the X-shaped cross, which appears prominently in the Bolton heraldry on the show. Perhaps to give casual viewers an idea of Theon's location without actually giving it away (since the torturer doesn't answer Theon when he asks where he is).

I too can't wait to see where this story is headed in the coming weeks. The hunt sequence has a lot of potential to be horrifically awesome.

Yeah...I think that Theon strung up on a big X, just like the Bolton sigil would *scream* that the Bolton's have him. I also don't think anyone would really think too much about it. Bolton is a Stark ally and bannerman, Theon is a turncloak...big deal...raven mail might just be running a little slow and the news hasn't reached Robb that he's been captured yet. :devil:

Yeah...I think that Theon strung up on a big X, just like the Bolton sigil would *scream* that the Bolton's have him. I also don't think anyone would really think too much about it. Bolton is a Stark ally and bannerman, Theon is a turncloak...big deal...raven mail might just be running a little slow and the news hasn't reached Robb that he's been captured yet. :devil:

I don't think they're trying to be particularly secretive about where Theon is. Robb already told Roose to tell his bastard to spare everyone besides Theon, and we (show viewers, not just book readers) know that the Boltons are into torture. The only thing they're being secretive about are the identities of the torturers and of Boy.

From what I heard about Theon's arc in WiC.net...

Ramsay betrays Theon in the first four episodes of the season, which is fairly early. I don't know if it'll be in episode 3 or 4, but I believe it'll be in episode 3. They say Theon is caught by four Bolton men and is nearly raped, but then Ramsay kills them all with a bow and saves him. Later (I don't know if it's in the same episode), when the two of them are riding together, Theon tells "Boy" all about Winterfell, about the Starks being alive and all, and Ramsay looks very interested in the Starks. Ramsay is leading the way and leads Theon through a tunnel, saying that it's a shortcut or something like that, but, for Theon's disappointment, the tunnel ends on the torture room we saw last episode. Ramsay then blames Theon for the deaths of the four Bolton men. He doesn't reveal his identity, though.

I think Ramsay will order a hunt after the Stark kids. That might make Bran's journey much more entertaining. I bet that'll be the reason Bran and Rickon are going to split up later.

Thats our Ramsay.Killing his own men for his own sick game.

I doubt we see any live flaying, but we will see the flaying knife closing in on Theons hand, cut to his face in complete pain/ horror and cut to next scene. Then, next scene with Theon will be him post trying to bite his own flayed finger off or something. His storyline is going to be really good, in my opinion, they are going to get to flesh out all of Reek/Theons thoughts about what Ramsay did to him. I wonder if they will give us confirmation of Theon losing his manhood.

The reason I paid attention to his voice is because I wanted to hear if it would consist of grunts and blunt threats like book Ramsay, or perhaps a smooth mild and quiet type voice that gives you the chills like Roose. So far from what I hear it's the latter. But then again he is still pretending to be someone else so we don't know yet.

I bet they will reveal him as Ramsay Bolton only right before the Red Wedding!

Me too.

This is the storyline I'm looking forward to the most, and so far it's very promising, what with hints of Ramsay's sick hunt. That's what I thought automatically when "boy" said he'd release Theon.

The reason I paid attention to his voice is because I wanted to hear if it would consist of grunts and blunt threats like book Ramsay, or perhaps a smooth mild and quiet type voice that gives you the chills like Roose. So far from what I hear it's the latter. But then again he is still pretending to be someone else so we don't know yet.

I wonder will he have an irish regional accent like his father?

I don't think they're trying to be particularly secretive about where Theon is. Robb already told Roose to tell his bastard to spare everyone besides Theon, and we (show viewers, not just book readers) know that the Boltons are into torture. The only thing they're being secretive about are the identities of the torturers and of Boy.

But remember in S2 Robb told Roose that he wanted Theon brought to him alive so he could take his head. If they allowed viewers to know that Bolton's Bastard actually had Theon and Roose had knowledge of this but didn't tell Robb it just wouldn't add up. Show viewers have no idea what the Boltons are about yet other than the fact that they are sworn to the King who lost the North.

I kind of expected some heavy stuff until Theon points the (flayed) finger at the janitor saying "He helped me, him!"

Getting him to the point of ratting out any potential help...Then Ramsay reveal & cuts off poor reeks finger as a reward for the truth.

I like it.

Roose has an English accent. McElhatton has an Irish accent in real life but he's clearly putting on an English accent in GOT!

Roose Bolton has a very clear Irish accent on the show. That is Michael's normal speaking voice. It is a Kerry accent. There is nothing English about his accent in the show. He is the only Irish actor on the show, second to Catelyn, who has kept his accent. It is probably because he has a brilliant speaking voice, which they needed for Roose.

Archived