Question about new character(BOOK SPOILERS)

I honestly think Joff was considerably less of an asshole these first two episodes, but yeah, they'll make Ramsay worse than Joff, no doubt.

Joff will still be hated more though.

I wonder if he'll be better *liked* while still being more evil, b/c he'll probably be charismatic and more interesting than Joffrey ... although Joffrey seems to be getting more interesting this season.

He'll be "liked" because Rheon is a decent looking guy, and a great actor. Handsome villains are always popular -- one with daddy issues, a massive obsession with another decent looking male character, and a confident, megalomaniacal demeanor? Yeah, Ramsay's going to be popular.

Gleeson is pretty handsome too, but Joff is a pretty childish character at his core ("I'm telling Mother!" "Women belong in the kitchen!"). Ramsay is a very different kind of beast.

I don't really mind though.

While Joffrey is pretty close to pure evil, a big contributing factor to him being so disliked is his snobby, spoiled brat persona. He can sentence Ned to death or have Ilyn rip a mans tongue out with ease, but I don't think he'd be able to actually carry out any of these acts himself, as illustrated when he shit his pants in the battle of blackwater.

Where he quivers in fear, Ramsay thrives. He's so much more sadistic and psychotic than Joffrey. The things he does to people are so barbaric and over the top that, while he may surpass Joffrey in shittiness, people might not hate him as much because most people can't relate to his type of behavior. Joffs fear, ego, and disdain are traits the average viewer can relate to easier than the psychotic habits of madman. Most people have run into a fraud, spoiled brat shit heads like Joffrey before, but I don't think many have systematically had their psyche and skin turned inside out by someone. People might be more shocked by Ramsay, and acknowledge that he's worse than Joff, but that might not necessarily lead to the hate that Joff gets.

Gleeson is pretty handsome too, but Joff is a pretty childish character at his core ("I'm telling Mother!" "Women belong in the kitchen!"). Ramsay is a very different kind of beast.

I don't really mind though.

bookJoff is, because Joffrey is in fact a child. showJoffrey is a bit more older and more sadistic, as seen during season 2, the whole scenes with the whores, proving that Joffrey does have a sense of lust, but is driven by violence. I dont' recall Joffrey in the books being sexually turned on by anything: he does know how "the facts of life" work, but his threats to rape Sansa are just to torture her, nor because he honestly wants her.

ETA: Cant' wait for the first official appearance of Ramsay and the tumblr reaction: "Ramsay-chan", fics about his tortured soul and nonsense like that. Oh, the yaoi... the yaoi!

Oh, I'm sure he'll be more despised than Joff, even though people will fangirl over him more than they should. Thing is, Joffrey isn't that successful at hiding who he truly is, while Ramsay, this episode indicates, will go much deeper in betraying the one he'll later torture. And we've seen how competent they are with tortures on this show...

ETA: Cant' wait for the first official appearance of Ramsay and the tumblr reaction: "Ramsay-chan", fics about his tortured soul and nonsense like that. Oh, the yaoi... the yaoi!

I have half a mind to blacklist Ramsay now and avoid all that :ack:

Ramsay is definitely way more dangerous in a visceral way than Joffrey, and that ... kind of makes him more interesting which sometimes translates into likeable. Like, you wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, but you are incredibly interested in reading about / watching him. Especially when portrayed by a cute guy :devil:

Ramsay is definitely way more dangerous in a visceral way than Joffrey, and that ... kind of makes him more interesting which sometimes translates into likeable. Like, you wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, but you are incredibly interested in reading about / watching him. Especially when portrayed by a cute guy :devil:

Cute guy or not, I can't help but feel angry towards him. More Gendry!

And with Joffrey I feel like acting like his mother and slapping him, even though I'm only a year older than Jack.

Cute guy or not, I can't help but feel angry towards him. More Gendry!

And with Joffrey I feel like acting like his mother and slapping him, even though I'm only a year older than Jack.

I have very little interesting in Gendry TO EACH HER OWN. Hehe ... speaking of ages, I am constantly disturbed that I'm older than a lot of the attractive actors (i.e. Richard Madden, Kit Harington, etc.) ... COUGAR-ING IT UP.

I have very little interesting in Gendry TO EACH HER OWN. Hehe ... speaking of ages, I am constantly disturbed that I'm older than a lot of the attractive actors (i.e. Richard Madden, Kit Harington, etc.) ... COUGAR-ING IT UP.

*Strokes invisible moustache* haha! I'm a few years younger than most of them! :devil:

I honestly think Joff was considerably less of an asshole these first two episodes, but yeah, they'll make Ramsay worse than Joff, no doubt.

Joff will still be hated more though.

Margery has a taming effect on him, making him want to be more gallant, less of a bully. I think he is honestly into her.

Sansa had that effect on him at first, until Nymeria mauled him; after that he turned into a huge asshole.

I don't know if he will be more hated than Joffrey, because Joffrey is not only evil, but extremely annoying too. I've never found Ramsay annoying in the books, and I've never hated him more than Joffrey. He's a sick bastard, but I love to have him around as long as possible, I don't want him to die until the very end. Joffrey, on the other hand, is just a little shit and I wanted him to die right in the first book already. Ramsay is much more entertaining than Joffrey IMHO, and that's why I think he won't be more hated than Joffrey.

Archived