[BOOK SPOILERS] Events we'll see this episode

I've been thinking about this today: what if, rather than have the leeches take Gendry's blood, Mel looks to create another shadowbaby with him? In the preview, Stannis tells Mel to "make him another son". But as readers know, Mel can't make another with Stannis without endangering his life? So what if she looks to make one with Gendry? We do see a shot of both Mel and Gendry seemingly naked in one of the teasers. Maybe king's blood is needed to make shadowbabies in show canon?

I'm really looking forward to the scene at Craster's or will the betrayal happen an episode later?

I think this happens in episode four, titled "And now his watch has ended" or something like that. Because they kill the LC at Craster's Keep, so his watch ends. But the previews for episode three definitely show the NW at Craster's.

I've been thinking about this today: what if, rather than have the leeches take Gendry's blood, Mel looks to create another shadowbaby with him? In the preview, Stannis tells Mel to "make him another son". But as readers know, Mel can't make another with Stannis without endangering his life? So what if she looks to make one with Gendry? We do see a shot of both Mel and Gendry seemingly naked in one of the teasers. Maybe king's blood is needed to make shadowbabies in show canon?

Pinkie Baelish, help me out I can't remember the book so well. Where did it say that having another shadow baby will endanger stannis's life? And in Book 2, he has two shadow babies right? One for Renly, then I thought he had another at sometime. Definitely not trying to sound like a smarty, I seriously can't remember any of this :dunce:

Wow, if all this gets done then there can be no more complaints about stuff not happening this season!

I'm a newbie (who has read all the books, but only once)... What's the Melissandre/Gendry story arc? I must confess I don't remember that at all. I do find it amusing that both Arya and Gendry are most-wanted fugitives while Hot Pie is just along for the ride.

The Gendry and Melisandre storyline is not in the books. Melisandre meets the Brotherhood without Banners. Gendry is probably taking the place of Edric Storm from the books.

I do hope that Varys and Olenna do have a talk. I'm annoyed that Lord Varys is yet to make an appearance in Season 3! Anyone else agree?

Completely agree. I love the way his character is developing and want to see more of him!!

Will we see the Dreadfort and/or Riverrun rising from the ground during the opening?

We know Theon is escaping from the Dreadfort thanks to the promo and Robb is on his way to Riverrun. So maybe?

I would personally love to see both these locations.

Pinkie Baelish, help me out I can't remember the book so well. Where did it say that having another shadow baby will endanger stannis's life? And in Book 2, he has two shadow babies right? One for Renly, then I thought he had another at sometime. Definitely not trying to sound like a smarty, I seriously can't remember any of this :dunce:

If I recall correctly there was a shadow baby for Renly and for Penrose (in the books) as shown in the Davos chapter when he takes her past Storm End's magical barrier. So I assume she can make more shadow babies from Stannis, although they may have changed that in the HBO series, we only saw Renly get killed by the shadow baby there.

That was one thing that confused me in the show, why exactly Davos would need to take Melisandre into that cave, but I guess it's just a gaffe from combining both shadow babies, right?

But yeah, in the books Melisandre comes to Davos after he is thrown into the dungeon to ask him to make a Shadow Baby with her since one more might kill Stannis. I guess they'll keep that in the show to explain why they don't use that no more. I guess they could add in that you need King's blood for it too...but how are they gonna connect that with killing all three "usurpers"? Balon is the only one they could potentially off via Magical Assassin Shadow Baby...The other two are definitely out.

If I recall correctly there was a shadow baby for Renly and for Penrose (in the books) as shown in the Davos chapter when he takes her past Storm End's magical barrier. So I assume she can make more shadow babies from Stannis, although they may have changed that in the HBO series, we only saw Renly get killed by the shadow baby there.

Thank you KoishNoish!

People on tumblr are saying there will be a Theon getting raped or otherwise sexually assaulted scene in this episode. Has anyone else heard this?

From what I've heard, it's "only" an attempted rape by (presumably) Bolton men and he is "saved" just before. SAVED IN BIG QUOTATION MARKS. lol

So will this also include Sam the Slayer if he ends up at Crasters Keep?

Sam the Slayer has seemingly been moved to take place after the mutiny at Crasters as Gilly appears to be present with Sam in the scenes with the WW stalking them. There is a good possibility that Coldhands will reveal himself at this time (either after the Slaying or perhaps he saves Sam, although I don't think they'd introduce the Obsidian for Sam unless they were going to show him using it on a WW). There is a recent television spot that showed a huge flock of ravens racing towards the screen in the woods that it appears Sam and Gilly are being stalked in. It could be something else but it stands to reason that it's probably an indicator of Coldhands being there since this is exactly how he shows up in the books.

I can't remember the exact quote but Mel says something like "the king's fires burn so low that I dare not make another one". I'm assuming part of Stannis' soul was used in crafting the shadowbaby, and if he continued to try and do it, it could very well kill him. He's also noticeably gaunt and thinner in ASOS and ADWD. This could be the shadow monsters taking it's toll on him.

People on tumblr are saying there will be a Theon getting raped or otherwise sexually assaulted scene in this episode. Has anyone else heard this?

Yup. Apparently he is nearly raped, and it's said to be absolutely gutwrenching to watch.

Archived