[BOOK SPOILERS] Events we'll see this episode

Pretty sure they will include Edmure's fuckup on the battlefield this episode. Hell, it's the whole reason why he agrees to marry Roslin. We see Robb saying in the trailer "I could have his head up on a spike by now". He's either referring to Theon, or maybe someone like Gregor.

hanks to The Spoiler Fairy for sending us the following..

Episode 3.06 - The Climb

Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alik Sakharov.)

Episode 3.07 - The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal. (Written by George R. R. Martin; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Episode 3.08 - Second Sons

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Source: SpoilerTV

See episode 6, it seems that they won't do the marrying Roslin thing until then... (If these spoilers are true.)

Pretty sure they will include Edmure's fuckup on the battlefield this episode. Hell, it's the whole reason why he agrees to marry Roslin. We see Robb saying in the trailer "I could have his head up on a spike by now". He's either referring to Theon, or maybe someone like Gregor.

I think Karstark's betrayal, whatever that pertains, will happen this episode. Whether he takes his head this episode or next will be a matter of what and how it happens.

I remember reading somewhere that Richard Madden was going to be in every episode this season (I'm assuming we'll see his head in episode 10), that leaves a lot of time for Edmure to fuck up a bit further down the line when his forces are combined with Robb's.

hanks to The Spoiler Fairy for sending us the following..

Episode 3.06 - The Climb

Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alik Sakharov.)

Episode 3.07 - The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal. (Written by George R. R. Martin; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Episode 3.08 - Second Sons

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Source: SpoilerTV

See episode 6, it seems that they won't do the marrying Roslin thing until then... (If these spoilers are true.)

So, it looks like we're not seeing Dany "paying" Krasnys until Ep6? And, WTF is Mel talking to Gendry about?

His royal bastard blood most likely.

Obviously that never happened in the books, which is okay. BUT, what's the point of doing this now? Is this instead of Edric Storm, meaning we will not see any Edric?

Obviously that never happened in the books, which is okay. BUT, what's the point of doing this now? Is this instead of Edric Storm, meaning we will not see any Edric?

Yes, what's the point of casting another Baratheon bastard Gendry clone when they've casted a good actor and recognizable character already, I suppose. There's not that much for Mel/Stannis to do right now anyways so they can spare her a little excursion to get some King's blood while also filling in some other gaps in the story.

I've been thinking about this today: what if, rather than have the leeches take Gendry's blood, Mel looks to create another shadowbaby with him? In the preview, Stannis tells Mel to "make him another son". But as readers know, Mel can't make another with Stannis without endangering his life? So what if she looks to make one with Gendry? We do see a shot of both Mel and Gendry seemingly naked in one of the teasers. Maybe king's blood is needed to make shadowbabies in show canon?

Um, what use would shadowbabies be to this part of the story? We know how all three of the kings died. Introducing shadowbabies would make NO sense whatsoever, piss off book readers and confuse non-book readers. Not even the slightest chance this will happen IMO.

Um, what use would shadowbabies be to this part of the story? We know how all three of the kings died. Introducing shadowbabies would make NO sense whatsoever, piss off book readers and confuse non-book readers. Not even the slightest chance this will happen IMO.

Stannis casts the three leeches into the fire to try and kill Balon, Robb and Joff. Rather than have him do that, they might just have him look to kill them with another shadowbaby.

• Tyrion gets appointed master of coin and told he will marry Sansa

• Jon gets taken to the Fist of the First Men

• Dany inspects the Unsullied and agrees to sell Drogon for them

• Arya travels with the BwB looking for Beric

• Robb and Cat arrive at Riverrun; meet the Tullys; Hoster's funeral

• Stannis sends Melisandre on some quest (probably the Gendry theory)

• Jaime and Brienne are Locke's prisoners; Jaime gets behanded

• Theon is tricked by Ramsay and recaptured

• Sam and the Night's Watch arrive at Craster's

I don't think we'll see any Bran, Sansa or Tyrells this episode. They got a fair amount of stuff in episode 2. I'm unsure whether we'll see Davos, or if it's just Stannis and Mel.

I think you are right on the money with that !!!! :agree:

Stannis casts the three leeches into the fire to try and kill Balon, Robb and Joff. Rather than have him do that, they might just have him look to kill them with another shadowbaby.

I think Stannis will mention having another Shadow Baby, and Melisandre will tell him that it will take too much out of him. This will then lead to the royal blood stuff

1. We finally get to see Catelyn's home, Riverrun.

2. More new characters! These are good ones.

3. "Are we finally going to war, old friend?"

4. This episode contains what has to be the most pointless sex scene to date.

5. “You're a long way from home, and winter is coming."

6. Tyrion gets a new role, but he's not exactly thrilled with it.

7. This hunt is unlike anything you've ever seen.

8. One character departs on a journey.

9. “It often comforts me to know that even in war's darkest days, in most parts of the world absolutely nothing is happening.”

10. Don't miss the ending. Just don't... unless you’re squeamish. It’s not for the faint of heart.

looks like the episode ends with jaime or theon

So, it looks like we're not seeing Dany "paying" Krasnys until Ep6? And, WTF is Mel talking to Gendry about?

I don't know how you reached that conclusion. Dany exchanges gifts with a lord of YUNKAI (not Astapor) in episode 7, not 6. But she makes her deal with Kraznys in episode 4.

• Tyrion gets appointed master of coin and told he will marry Sansa

Pretty sure the Tyrion/Sansa marriage isn't even cooked up until Episode 6; the Episode 6 synopsis states "Tywin plans strategic unions." I otherwise like your list, though.

Looking forward to the design for Riverrun. We've seen interiors in the promo, but no exteriors.

Varys is the one with the line "It's been a long time, my old friend" in the trailers, and he's speaking to Tyrion. This might be the Varys/Tyrion scene mentioned in a few reviews of the first four episodes, where he tells the story of how he was cut.

Tyrion pays a visit to Littlefinger's brothel, and there have been actresses cast as prostitutes in this episode, so doing the math, that's probably what this is referencing. With any luck we'll be spared a Littlefinger monologue to go with it as in Season 1, though.

9. “It often comforts me to know that even in war's darkest days, in most parts of the world absolutely nothing is happening.”

I think this is a line from the Blackfish.

10. Don't miss the ending. Just don't... unless you’re squeamish. It’s not for the faint of heart.

It was spoiled by someone who'd screened the first four that Jaime loses his hand at the end of 3x03.

I don't think we'll see any Bran, Sansa or Tyrells this episode. They got a fair amount of stuff in episode 2.

Agreed. I think Sansa and the Tyrells will sit out Episode 3, but they'll be back for Episode 4. (We know for sure Olenna has a scene with Varys in 3x04, at the very least, and I suspect the marriage plot will have to get trotted out at some point, so Sansa will have to be brought back in for that.)

2. More new characters! These are good ones.

5. “You're a long way from home, and winter is coming."

6. Tyrion gets a new role, but he's not exactly thrilled with it.

7. This hunt is unlike anything you've ever seen.

8. One character departs on a journey.

looks like the episode ends with jaime or theon

My interpretation of those ten points. Probably mostly wrong.

1. Simple enough.

2. Edmure, Brynden, anyone else? :D

3. Sounds like something Tormund might say to Mance.

4. No idea. Perhaps Robb and Talisa getting on as we saw in the trailer.

5. No idea again. Something beyond the wall again I imagine.

6. Master of Coin?

7. Gulp. Poor Theon.

8. Melisandre surely

9. Sounds like a Queen of Thorns-ism

10. Jaime's hand

Archived