[Book Spoilers] If Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes...

Based on the vague TV synopsis of an episode two-away from the end of the season??

Well, yes. Unless ofcourse you think the show is going to put 3 weddings in 3 consecutive episodes. I don't.

Wait wait wait... I just went on spoiler tv... I have a bad feeling... or maybe its a good one... Please be up to date on your acronyms before pressing that spoiler review. And have finished book three.

Ep 6&7 synopsis clearly suggest the GW. Ep 8... that doesn't sound like the GW to me. It sounds like the PW. But the title of Ep 9 has all the buzz...

I could be wrong, and I think I hope so, but is it possible they're doing the PW and then the RW?

Let's assume they are... Why, and how will that affect Sansa's story? She was 'consoled' by a lot of people at the PW who knew about the RW, and after Joff bites the big pie, she immediately escapes.

I'm hoping the PW is before the RW just because I want to see it so bad... But the chronology is important.

Thoughts?

I don't think they'll do the PW before the RW because it kind of kills the emotional ride I think. The PW gives you a ray of hope after the RW massacre. If they do the PW before the RW, its almost like punishing the viewers for cheering for Joffrey's death.

Eh, I guess they could do it. It would be an interesting subversion of the story wouldn't it?

Another interesting suggestion is they could have the actual wedding part of the PW in Episode 8, and the feast in Episode 9 or 10. But I think the synopsis for Episode 8 talks about Sansa's wedding, otherwise it would be 'King's Landing hosts another wedding'.

Another suggestion. They could have a joint wedding for the Lannister's in Episode 8, have the scene where Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together in the same episode, and explain that the 'feast' for the king's wedding will take place the next day, and have it in Episode 9 together with the RW.

The Purple Wedding won't be in this season. Get over it.

Also, the Purple Wedding has nothing to do with payback on Joffrey or revenge against the Lannisters. He has nothing to do with it, after all, nor do the Starks. Littlefinger and the Tyrells are murdering for their own selfish reasons, that's all.

Wait wait wait... I just went on spoiler tv... I have a bad feeling... or maybe its a good one... Please be up to date on your acronyms before pressing that spoiler review. And have finished book three.

Ep 6&7 synopsis clearly suggest the GW. Ep 8... that doesn't sound like the GW to me. It sounds like the PW. But the title of Ep 9 has all the buzz...

I could be wrong, and I think I hope so, but is it possible they're doing the PW and then the RW?

Let's assume they are... Why, and how will that affect Sansa's story? She was 'consoled' by a lot of people at the PW who knew about the RW, and after Joff bites the big pie, she immediately escapes.

I'm hoping the PW is before the RW just because I want to see it so bad... But the chronology is important.

Thoughts?

Elio has already confirmed the PW isn't happening this season. From what I have heard.

I'll be enjoying this so much when the PW airs at the end of the season...

Well then you will be disappointed, because it isn't going to happen.

Looking at a closeup of Margaery as she and Joffrey leave the wedding chapel in the trailer, I'm reasonably sure she's wearing a crown (wish they had the trailer up in 1080p so that we could get a clearer picture).

%7Boption%7Dhttp://s8.postimg.or...wcrown.png[/img]

I think what you're seeing in the trailer is Margaery from this scene http://images6.fanpo...575-896-504.jpg

The dress is defo the same, and so it seems is the hair.

ETA:

Does anyone have any idea which vid this gif was taken from? http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33300000/Margaery-Tyrell-S3-margaery-tyrell-33386228-245-150.gif

King's Landing chapters from Tyrion/Sansa to the PW at end of Season 3 (this seems very doable pacing-wise):

Sansa III: Tyrion and Sansa's big day. Looks to be Episode 8.

Tyrion IV: Tywin and Tyrion meet to discuss the Night's Watch, the Valyrian swords, and some marriage proposals. Episode 8 or 9, but could be earlier with minor adjustments.

Tyrion VI: Lannisters celebrate RW, Joffrey snaps at Tywin. Could be end of Episode 9 or beginning of Episode 10.

Tyrion VII-VIII/Sansa IV - Day of the PW, and End of Season for King's Landing. Episode 10.

Assuming that the Martell entourage isn't arriving in time for the wedding, there's no Tyrion V.

Margaery is wearing a crown in this photo - it's not her hair that's making the top of her head square.

Looking at the set photo of Margaery at dinner...for the closeup on the left, it's possible that it may just be her hairstyle, I can't really tell. In the closeup on the right, I think I see two points above the center of her head which may be from a crown, but again I can't be sure. Just throwing in discussion points.

Who is Elio, and do they work on the show or for HBO? If not, then how can they confirm anything?

Lol, Elio is the guy who owns this site. He's co-writing stuff with George Martin as well, I believe.

I didn't know he confirmed this though - does anyone have a source? That would quash this debate once and for all. (Although in my mind it's been settled for a good while)

Margaery is wearing a crown in this photo - it's not her hair that's making the top of her head square.

That gif is from the one of the on set/behind the scenes of season 3 vid on HBO.

That scene is confirmed to NOT be the PW by one of the people on WiC.net. It's just Joffrey and Margaery greeting an adoring crowd in episode 4 I believe (could have misremembered the exact episode number)

That scene is confirmed to NOT be the PW by one of the people on WiC.net. It's just Joffrey and Margaery greeting an adoring crowd in episode 4 I believe (could have misremembered the exact episode number)

Ahhhh, gotcha...do you remember where on WiC.net you saw that?

Ahhhh, gotcha...do you remember where on WiC.net you saw that?

Afraid not. I think it was the moderator called 'Fire and Blood'. He'd seen the first four episodes. If it was him who told me, he's pretty much 100% reliable. If it was someone else, maybe take that comment with a pinch of salt.

When Fire and Blood was asked if the PW was in, he said he didn't think it was likely but he couldn't say for sure. But having looked at all the evidence independently, I've been utterly convinced (circa 95% confidence) that PW won't be in this season.

Who is Elio, and do they work on the show or for HBO? If not, then how can they confirm anything?

That gif is from the one of the on set/behind the scenes of season 3 vid on HBO.

Elio is Ran, the owner of this site and everything on it. He also was one of the people who made the World of Ice and Fire app with help from George and helped George with the World of Ice and Fire book that comes out in October, I believe. If George forgets something about Westeros, he asks Elio. So yeah, his word is pretty good. If he said that or not is a different story. This I do not know.

By seeing the first links pictures, Im not sure id be able to say that she is wearing a crown. Do you have any better pictures?

Elio is Ran, the owner of this site and everything on it. He also was one of the people who made the World of Ice and Fire app with help from George and helped George with the World of Ice and Fire book that comes out in October, I believe. If George forgets something about Westeros, he asks Elio. So yeah, his word is pretty good. If he said that or not is a different story. This I do not know.

By seeing the first links pictures, Im not sure id be able to say that she is wearing a crown. Do you have any better pictures?

Ah, in that case, I would think he's signed a non-disclosure agreement, and wouldn't be able to say anything either way to anyone, especially posting it on a public forum.

Here is a better image of that photo - making the image bigger actually reduced the quality. You can see they're both wearing crowns.

Ah, in that case, I would think he's signed a non-disclosure agreement, and wouldn't be able to say anything either way to anyone, especially posting it on a public forum.

Here is a better image of that photo - making the image bigger actually reduced the quality. You can see they're both wearing crowns.

There's a scene in the Season 3 New Characters featurette released earlier this week--don't know why they waited so long to release it, but whatever--which shows an earlier part of the same scene: Cersei, Olenna, Joffrey and Margaery in the same frame. They're quite clearly in the Great Sept of Baelor, but there's no one else around that I can tell. It looks rather dark, actually. Cersei and Olenna are wearing the same clothes that they're wearing in that bit from the promo where Cersei rushes down the steps and looks at Joffrey and Margaery outside the sept facing the crowd. Joffrey and Margaery are not crowned in the scene from the featurette, and since it seems to be the same scene as the one in the promo, I don't think they're crowned facing the crowd either.

Can't imagine what they're doing there and the crowd's doing there if it's not a wedding, but why is the sept otherwise deserted? It almost looks like Joffrey and Margaery go with Cersei and Olenna to scope out the location where the wedding will be held...and then we see an actual wedding there in 3x08. Seems like a waste of a good crowd scene if the only reason they're there is to praise Joffrey and Margaery rather than turn out for the wedding, but if it's confirmed no PW in Season 3, I can't imagine what it would otherwise be.

Archived