[Book Spoilers] If Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes...

With no offense to Elio, even were he to have actually said the PW is not in the season, I wonder if he has seen the entire reason and actually has enough insider knowledge to be a reliable source. Running a fan site, even the largest one, does not necessarily grant access to the all the producers secrets.

Secondly, if he does know, I imagine he would have signed an NDA in any case, so cannot see why he would reveal something like this.

Thirdly, if he heard it from somebody the said it to somebody on this forum, who said it to somebody else, that's a long line of commnunication for things to be misunderstood. So again, with all due respect, I'm very weary of this rumor.

There's a scene in the Season 3 New Characters featurette released earlier this week--don't know why they waited so long to release it, but whatever--which shows an earlier part of the same scene: Cersei, Olenna, Joffrey and Margaery in the same frame. They're quite clearly in the Great Sept of Baelor, but there's no one else around that I can tell. It looks rather dark, actually. Cersei and Olenna are wearing the same clothes that they're wearing in that bit from the promo where Cersei rushes down the steps and looks at Joffrey and Margaery outside the sept facing the crowd. Joffrey and Margaery are not crowned in the scene from the featurette, and since it seems to be the same scene as the one in the promo, I don't think they're crowned facing the crowd either.

Can't imagine what they're doing there and the crowd's doing there if it's not a wedding, but why is the sept otherwise deserted? It almost looks like Joffrey and Margaery go with Cersei and Olenna to scope out the location where the wedding will be held...and then we see an actual wedding there in 3x08. Seems like a waste of a good crowd scene if the only reason they're there is to praise Joffrey and Margaery rather than turn out for the wedding, but if it's confirmed no PW in Season 3, I can't imagine what it would otherwise be.

IMO, I can't imagine anyone involved with the production, no matter how remotely, confirming anything either way that's as big as Joffrey's death, especially when there are fans out there who are watching it just for that at this point. :dunno:

Totally agree with you about it being a waste of hiring a giant crowd of extras cheering.

As for

, do you mean the scene at 1:23? No reason, as you say, they can't be scoping out the Sept.... or it could be right before the ceremony.

The thing I have trouble with in the MOST AWESOME TRAILER WITH TRON MUSIC EVER, :drool: is I'm not sure what/who Cersei is looking up at. Yes, Olenna and Cersei seem to be in the same gowns in both vids, but when the trailer breaks at :57 from Cersei looking up at - what/whoever - to the back of someone (Cersei?) at :58 looking toward Margaery and Joffrey exiting the Sept (to the crowd?), she seems to be in a different dress. The one at :57 is that new neckline that was first introduced on Margaery last season at Renley's camp - with the neckline wrapping the arms, back, and shoulders and continuing to stand up behind and above them, but not laying on the shoulder, and attached to a normal sleeve like at :58 - does that make sense? If it is Cersei, she seems to be in a different dress at :58.

We're assuming it's Cersei at :58, when it may very well be the same scene, just a different female we're seeing the back of. It might indeed be Cersei in a different scene entirely. Or it may just be the angle and the lighting making it look like a different dress.

To all of you who find this subject annoying, why don't you simply not participate? It's not like this is the only thread on this entire forum. And there are many of us who are having a blast discussing this and enjoying the speculation.

thank you! nobody here knows elio or has been "whispered" inside info by elio so that rumor needs to stop now...

as to the order i think we will get sanas/tyrion wedding to set up her escape, then PW to have tv viewers cheering YAY then RW to have people screaming why?!?!. also in e10 tyrion is released by his brother/varys kills tywin/shae then heads for mopatis

after her marriage she will find out that shae has been lying about being her friend & they will begin to dislike each other. she will then turn to ros/littlefinger & escape after pw at whichpoint littlefinger breaks news of RW to her ( IT HASNT EVEN HAPPENED YET... like their on the boat and he says i have regrettable news. change of plans something has happened to your brother/mother then cut to RW

also after sanas tyrion marriage she will find out that shae has been lying about being her friend & they will begin to dislike each other. she will then in turn turn to ros/littlefinger & escape after pw

Idon't she needs to start disliking Shae to turn to Littlefinger. She will likely turn to them even more as soon as she learns she's being planned to be married to Tyrion.

Ah, in that case, I would think he's signed a non-disclosure agreement, and wouldn't be able to say anything either way to anyone, especially posting it on a public forum.

Here is a better image of that photo - making the image bigger actually reduced the quality. You can see they're both wearing crowns.

I dunno, I didn't see him say it. So it's basically post a link or it didn't happen to whoever said it to begin with.

I still can't conclusively say yes or no to that picture. Maybe, maybe not.

If it is Cersei, she seems to be in a different dress at :58.

We're assuming it's Cersei at :58, when it may very well be the same scene, just a different female we're seeing the back of. It might indeed be Cersei in a different scene entirely. Or it may just be the angle and the lighting making it look like a different dress.

Nope, the dress is the same. It just "crests" at the back. 0:57 and 0:58 are part of the same scene. Cersei rushes forward from Olenna and looks up, and then the camera angle switches so that we see what she's looking at: Joffrey and Margaery looking out at the crowd.

Anyway, steiner posted on page 10 of this thread that Fire and Blood on WIC.net, who's seen the first four episodes, said that scene with Joffrey/Margaery/Cersei/Olenna in the Sept was in Episode 4. Doesn't mean the PW is out in of itself, but it would certainly rule out the scene of Joffrey/Margaery/Cersei/Olenna being of the PW.

I'm thinking the scene in the Great Sept might be for the reader to get a feel for the place before Tyrion and Sansa's wedding so it won't be some random location (we've never seen the interior of the Sept before), and also for foreshadowing Tyrion and Sansa's wedding later in the season (Chekhov's Sept, if you will). We'll also see Cersei and Olenna go toe to toe, as it looks like they're in conversation before Cersei rushes away from Olenna, and that should be fun.

Secondly, if he does know, I imagine he would have signed an NDA in any case, so cannot see why he would reveal something like this.

Eh, I doubt it. We knew in the fall of 2012 thanks to posts on Winteriscoming.net that the Tyrion/Sansa wedding would be in Episode 8 and not long after that the RW would be in Episode 9, and those were posts on the main website by people in the know (meaning presumably the HBO/GOT powers that be would come down on them like a ton of bricks if they didn't want that info released). I don't see where the PW falls being a spoiler to dwarf the other two in terms of when they're supposed to air.

There was a poster who posted on another thread in this subforum, I believe, that Elio had told him/her that the PW was in Season 4. Although that seems to be consistent with what Cellio said upthread.

There was a poster who posted on another thread in this subforum, I believe, that Elio had told him/her that the PW was in Season 4. Although that seems to be consistent with what Cellio said upthread.

Link, or:

thank you! nobody here knows elio or has been "whispered" inside info by elio so that rumor needs to stop now...

Seriously. Do you really think HBO or GRRM would continue associating with someone who blabbed spoilers about something like that? I would be shocked if Elio hasn't signed a NDA with GRRM, and or Bighead Littlehead, especially considering the app, and the fact there's money involved.

Here's the relevant post, from the thread about the action being deliberately slowed down in King's Landing in Season 3, from poster sword in the night:

Yep. No PW. Elio confirmed that to me. The Dornish have yet to be be cast and don't even arrive until season 4.

Assuming this is true, seems pretty straightforward. Of course, I suppose you could read this as Elio confirmed no Dornish have been cast, which doesn't rule out PW, but that's open knowledge, so I think the more likely explanation is that (again, assuming this is true) no PW in Season 3.

I can see how he might assume since the Dornish aren't cast he might guess that meant no PW. That's how I take that, not as something carved in stone.

I suppose it depends on how important the Dornish are to D&D being in the PW.

I do not see GRRM telling him since every contract of that magnitude that GRRM has with not only BHLH but HBO as well, includes an NDA.

Assuming all that is true, I don't see that as a firm lock of where the PW will be, especially with crowns in the trailer. Besides, the Viper goes to KL to be on the small counsel, as part of the Myrcella exchange, not to attend a wedding. They moved Ramsey and the Reeds to farther along in the timeline. No reason they can't do that with the Viper as well. I also don't see them casting anyone else for the time being either, meaning no plural Dorinsh.

:dunno:

I also think Elio must have signed an NDA as well. Implying he would breech that is pretty horrid in any case (I don't mean YOU Newstar!!! I mean anyone who would read more into that post then run with it, implying or stating he said something he didn't.)

as to the order i think we will get sanas/tyrion wedding to set up her escape, then PW to have tv viewers cheering YAY then RW to have people screaming why?!?!. also in e10 tyrion is released by his brother/varys kills tywin/shae then heads for mopatis

after her marriage she will find out that shae has been lying about being her friend & they will begin to dislike each other. she will then turn to ros/littlefinger & escape after pw at whichpoint littlefinger breaks news of RW to her ( IT HASNT EVEN HAPPENED YET... like their on the boat and he says i have regrettable news. change of plans something has happened to your brother/mother then cut to RW

Very farfetched. I doubt that Shae would simply reveal to Sansa that she was lying about being her friend all of a sudden. If anything Shae's disloyalty would be plopped in the face of viewers when she testifies at the trial, and that's even if writers continue to use Shae as Tyrion's betrayer at this point, which I think is doubtful.

About the speculated pictures, I'm just throwing this out there, but, does the queen of Westeros actually even wear a crown? Throughout the whole show I can't remember Cersei ever having worn one, even in the first season when Robert was still alive.

I can't remember her ever wearing one around Robert, and once he's dead, there's no reason for her to wear one as Regent.

All the more reason for a costumer to give Margaery one - to piss off Cersei more, and establish her rank above Cersei's. :D :D :D

Very farfetched. I doubt that Shae would simply reveal to Sansa that she was lying about being her friend all of a sudden. If anything Shae's disloyalty would be plopped in the face of viewers when she testifies at the trial, and that's even if writers continue to use Shae as Tyrion's betrayer at this point, which I think is doubtful.

don't think i said anything about a " simple reveal" most likely sansa will walk in on tyrion/shae in some fashion. im of the belief there wont even be a trial (not that important & waste of shows time)so what do you think about that? tyrion gets framed for killing joeffry by QoT/varys (to put tommen in place) then shortly thereafter he is thrown in dungeons by Tywin/Cersei jamie shows up & makes varys help him free tyrion for his role in setting him up. you get the famous tyrion & jamie scene then he kills tywin/shae & gets on boat towards mopatis

don't think i said anything about a " simple reveal" most likely sansa will walk in on tyrion/shae in some fashion. im of the belief there wont even be a trial (not that important & waste of shows time)so what do you think about that? tyrion gets framed for killing joeffry by QoT/varys (to put tommen in place) then shortly thereafter he is thrown in dungeons by Tywin/Cersei jamie shows up & makes varys help him free tyrion for his role in setting him up. you get the famous tyrion & jamie scene then he kills tywin/shae & gets on boat towards mopatis

Totally plausible. And there would be oceans of tears over no Viper.

Easy to kill the Mountain some other way.

I personally hope that doesn't happen. But I don't think the Viper's story will be as detailed and broad as many here think it will.

i'm thinking varys & QoT set up tyrion to take the fall for killing Joeffry (has to be sansa hair net). Varys wants ros to help take Sansa to highgarden but LF finds out by means of shae somehow & ros gets an arrow to the gut... this makes tyrion the prime suspect for helping her escape. Tywin/Cersei blame the spiteful envious little creature for both crimes just like Varys/QoT/Littlefinger want (divide/conquer). then jamie returns from saving brienne from bear pit & giving her oathkeeper ( she goes off to find Lady Catelyn but might run into somebody else...) to find aftermath. he refuses to belive Tywin/Cersei & kidnaps varys (hes dumb but hes not some dumb to think the spider didnt play a role)

after roose bolton agree to RW they will send jamie back deprived of his sword hand then B&MF then tyrion/varys scene

i'm thinking varys & QoT set up tyrion to take the fall for killing Joeffry (has to be sansa hair net). Varys wants ros to help take Sansa to highgarden but LF finds out by means of shae somehow & ros gets an arrow to the gut... this makes tyrion the prime suspect for helping her escape. Tywin/Cersei blame the spiteful envious little creature for both crimes just like Varys/QoT/Littlefinger want (divide/conquer). then jamie returns from saving brienne from bear pit & giving her oathkeeper ( she goes off to find Lady Catelyn but might run into somebody else...) to find aftermath. he refuses to belive Tywin/Cersei & kidnaps varys (hes dumb but hes not some dumb to think the spider didnt play a role)

after roose bolton agree to RW they will send jamie back deprived of his sword hand then B&MF then tyrion/varys scene

I'm pretty sure

Jamie loses his hand in the next two eps - probably ep 3 is my guess.

About the speculated pictures, I'm just throwing this out there, but, does the queen of Westeros actually even wear a crown? Throughout the whole show I can't remember Cersei ever having worn one, even in the first season when Robert was still alive.

I don't recall seeing her wear one but I'm not sure if we saw her at an official occasion where a crown might be considered appropriate. I would think that even if they didn't wear it every day, queens would wear one on the day they actually become queen.

So on the cover of ew, it says shocking deaths , wild weddings, and one angry bear.

I wouldnt call sansa and tyrions wedding a wild wedding. This could mean purple wedding in season 3?

The actress playing Sansa said in one interview that there are changes in her storyline that would shock book readers. I've been wondering what the change could be, and the way her wedding is scripted could be it.

Archived