[Book Spoilers] If Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes...

Well if Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes

then the PW may happen this season. Which I think would be a bad idea. Shouldn't they give the whole wedding/trial/Tyron's escape the full treatment in Season 4. It can end with Tyron meeting Aegon and realizing who he is. argh! They are rushing everything.

edit: spoiler tag fixed

Well if Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes [spoilers] then the PW may happen this season. Which I think would be a bad idea. Shouldn't they give the whole wedding/trial/Tyron's escape the full treatment in Season 4. It can end with Tyron meeting Aegon and realizing who he is. argh! They are rushing everything. [/spoilers]

I think Episode 10s gonna have the PW, little bit of light after the RW. Also it will leave a nice cliffhanger for Season 4, it ends wit Tyrion being accused of murdering Joff so now Season 4 can really focus on his trial, the Gregor vs Red Viper fight, and Tyrions subsequent escape.

(Along with other things, I just meant the Tyrion storyline since hes one of the most loved characters on the TV show)

Pehaps we get both weddings this season (I doubt it, though it would be interesting tematically), with PW being the last episode and Tyrion's arrest a cliffhanger. Then the next season is centered around Tyrion's trial, etc.

Great minds think alike :cheers:

I don't want the PW to be this season, if only because they pushed Sansa/Tyrion's wedding so far back. Episode 8, really?? And if they do that wedding for episode 8, RW 9, and PW 10... I dunno. It doesn't seem like it'd work, to me.

Off topic but was Cersei taking a dig at Margery when she held out that small piece of cloth and said that was enough for Margery's wedding dress.

Yup, a funny little jab. I think she pointed out earlier in this or in the last episode that Margaery dresses like a whore.

PW won't happen this season. Joffrey's engagement to Margaery has been announced, so the fact he's trying on wedding clothes doesn't mean it's happening imminently, or this season vs. next; I'd imagine that more time (in Westeros time) will pass between now and the end of this season than between the end of this season and the PW.

Off topic but was Cersei taking a dig at Margery when she held out that small piece of cloth and said that was enough for Margery's wedding dress.

Sort of. In some of the behind the scenes material they talk about how a subtle power shift can be seen taking place in the fashions of the highborn ladies. In the first two seasons, they were essentially all trying to dress like Cersei (Sansa included). Now, with Margaery in town, they're starting to dress more and more like her. I interpreted Cersei's little jab as not so much out of prudishness but rather out of frustration toward that trend. It's one of the signs that she's losing her influence.

Yup, a funny little jab. I think she pointed out earlier in this or in the last episode that Margaery dresses like a whore.

She points out later in the scene that she dresses like a whore, 'for a reason', I believe. Joffrey brushes it all off.

What makes me fear the PW could happen this season is how it feels like they're rushing Sansa's escape plot. But, while the timing might suggest it happens soon, it wouldn't make sense to have two climaxes on the last episodes, and it would be such a pity if we had the PW before Oberyn arrives, before he's given a chance to interact with free Tyrion and everything...

What makes me fear the PW could happen this season is how it feels like they're rushing Sansa's escape plot. But, while the timing might suggest it happens soon, it wouldn't make sense to have two climaxes on the last episodes, and it would be such a pity if we had the PW before Oberyn arrives, before he's given a chance to interact with free Tyrion and everything...

The entire Kings Landing plot and Jamie Lannister's plot seems rushed. He's already captured?? Come on... He's not supposed to get to KL until AFTER the PW

Bran and Rickon not being dead - I'm guessing, if the note to Robb didn't explicitly say it and he held that back from Cat, its probably assumed. I mean, its two little kids, one of whom is crippled, and no one has come forward with a ransom note yet.

Besides, with Winterfell being burnt, is there any impact of not believing they are dead to the other characters? I mean, after the RW, would everyone just keep fighting and try to find them to make Bran the king of the north?

I think the RW means to coincide with the death of house Stark for most of the characters.

Well if Joffrey is already being fitted for wedding clothes

then the PW may happen this season. Which I think would be a bad idea. Shouldn't they give the whole wedding/trial/Tyron's escape the full treatment in Season 4. It can end with Tyron meeting Aegon and realizing who he is. argh! They are rushing everything.

edit: spoiler tag fixed

This is how I think season 4 will go:

It will begin similar to this season, with a bunch of new characters (The Red Viper/Martells, Mace Tyrell, etc.) being introduced. The scene where Tyrion welcomes the Red Viper will probably be in the premiere. I don't know how long the PW will talke to unfold, but Joffrey's fate will obviously be a major cliffhanger in the storyline, and therefore I think season 4 will end with Tywin being killed and Tyrion escaping the city, all while Sansa is smuggled away by LF to meet with Lysa.

I really can't see it happening any other way, because the PW, like much of the events surrounding the RW are a huge buildup of events which can't be neglected. They wouldn't just introduce a half dozen new major characters in the last episode.

I just want to say that, writing wise, it structurally makes no sense to rush such a major course of events in one episode. In fact, to even introduce all these things and have it happen wouldn't even fit if all the scenes were based in KL and the episode was two hours long. To leave this event at the end and have the trial next season would only confuse viewers. I think instead that episode 10 will be quite bland after the RW and will focus largely on Dany's arc as it has for the previous two seasons. The PW will slowly unfold the length of season 4 I believe.

I think Episode 10s gonna have the PW, little bit of light after the RW. Also it will leave a nice cliffhanger for Season 4, it ends wit Tyrion being accused of murdering Joff so now Season 4 can really focus on his trial, the Gregor vs Red Viper fight, and Tyrions subsequent escape.

(Along with other things, I just meant the Tyrion storyline since hes one of the most loved characters on the TV show)

I agree. PW will happen in the last episode of this season titled "Mhysa". It will imply both Cat and Cersei. D&D will want an uplifting ending after episode 9 (RW).

Archived