[book spoilers] What did your non-reader family/friends thought and theirs predictions?

My boyfriend thinks Joffrey is gay.

They may have unintentionally conveyed this over the past two seasons for some viewers. But I think the point is he's just a total psychopath that's not turned on by women, he's turned on by brutality and killing. Definitely not gay, just definitely not into women in the sexual sense. His crossbow is basically a penis replacement.

a lot of my friends are dissapointed that Tyrion is not getting as much attention or screen time as in season 1 and 2. its understandable since he was pretty much the main character of season 2, and he is sort of underplayed in the first half of the third book.

my buddy said that this episode was boring and that he hopes next episode is better. We both really enjoyed the first episode. While I liked this one, I though the first was better. We both weren't that thrilled with the Brienne and Jamie fight( I just watched Troy the same day, and the Achilles and Hector scene just puts J&B to shame). He thinks Margaery is going to kill Joffrey and he is wondering what the "Frey guy" is going to say about Robb marrying Talisa.

My husband, every time he sees Joffrey, keeps saying "I just want someone to kill that little bastard!" I am biting my tongue so hard!

This! ALL of my non-book friends are, "When does that fucker DIE?? It better be SOON, I'm getting so tired of him!"

Delurking just for this.

I watch with my brother who hasn't read the books. He predicts, conversely, that Daenerys' dragons 'will destroy Robb's army.'

He also said that he knows Bran will walk again, and thinks it will probably be due to 'that red woman and her fire magic.'

Third prediction - Margaery will kill Joffrey with his own crossbow.

Love your avatar! Shiny!

I was watching with my buddy who loves the show and is a huge fan of Robb.

This was the conversation when the Boltons found Jaime and Brienne.

Friend: Wait so Bolton is one of House Stark's banner man right?!?!

Me: Uhhh yyyea......

Friend: OH F*** YEAH THANK GOD!!!

I was watching with my buddy who loves the show and is a huge fan of Robb.

This was the conversation when the Boltons found Jaime and Brienne.

Friend: Wait so Bolton is one of House Stark's banner man right?!?!

Me: Uhhh yyyea......

Friend: OH F*** YEAH THANK GOD!!!

A summer knight!

I loved this episode better than the premiere, mainly because the transitions from one setting to another were done better, IMO. Also I was smirking the whole time Olenna and Margaery were talking to Sansa. My mom kept asking me why, hahaha. I was also surprised that they dropped the Cat-tried-to-love-Jon card so late into the story (and with Talisa, too). I almost thought they're repairing the damage done to Cat's character. I'm not really bothered about that since I understand where Cat is coming from.

My mom's reaction (she's my GoT buddy): "Where's Rickon?" and "What is this warg thing?"

The warg stuff was much more difficult to explain without spoilers because it was so different from the books. She also thought Bran would walk again.

finally got my close friend to watch it, he's not a huge fan by any means but will watch it with me and has seen them all...he was shocked that Jon Snow was really breaking his vows (had to explain - apparently he's not the only one to miss that) and complained about there not being more Jon Snow during the KL scenes, which he found a bit confusing and tedious.

But he actually liked it more than most of last season, which he didnt like except for the blackwater episode. I think he'll get more into it when there's more fighting and the Hound. His interest has waned since the two main "manly men" were killed off (Robert and Ned). i'm scared to show him episode 2 because i think he may be bored to tears, lol. didn't recognize barristan at all...thought it was a new character.

My boyfriend's reaction when I mentioned not all main characters appeared every episode and that the last one had some of my favourite characters in it:

"Yeah, but where's Jaqen H'ghar?! I'm looking forward to seeing him again"

Ouch..

Also he's very confused as to where Theon is right now and who's torturing him.

He could've looked closer then :P The last scene with Theon ends with a shot of him hanging on the "cross", with his head down, slowly fading out. Just like this (not upside down though)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130405103429/gameofthrones/images/a/a0/House-Bolton-sigil.jpg

Not long after you see the Boltons catching Jaime/Brienne, and almost every rider is equipped with ^ that banner.

My family loved ep2. They were meh on ep1, except for the Tywin/Tyrion scene.

Their suspicions regarding Robb being toast from last season have only been further confirmed. They're now betting on how he will die, and who will kill him. No one's guessed the how and who correctly... yet. After ep 2, some of them now think Catelyn is slated to die as well. It's really hard for me not to give anything away with a knowing smirk. I do try, though.

My friend at work thought it was a little dull and prefers action. I told him action is coming.

He also thinks Arya will sit on the Iron Throne if Dany doesn't.

Like many of your friends, he also thinks Bran will walk again.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching with him. In the first season, I was the noob who hadn't read the books.

Archived