[book spoilers] What did your non-reader family/friends thought and theirs predictions?

Oh, man. My roommate's favorite character is Theon, she's positive that he's been held by the ironborn/Balon and that his sister is genuinely trying to get him out through "Boy" ... and she has a gigantic crush/fondness for Iwan Rheon.

This storyline is gonna break her heart. I think I'm looking forward to her reaction almost as much as seeing the stuff myself, it's a blast watching this show with people who don't know what's coming.

I don't know anyone who watches the show who hasn't read the books (or who hasn't been heavily spoiled) but over on the TV Without Pity site a lot of the totally unspoiled viewers (unsullied) are sure that the Reeds are bad news (Jojen in particular) and are up to no good with Bran and Rickon.

I don't know anyone who watches the show who hasn't read the books (or who hasn't been heavily spoiled) but over on the TV Without Pity site a lot of the totally unspoiled viewers (unsullied) are sure that the Reeds are bad news (Jojen in particular) and are up to no good with Bran and Rickon.

Awe! :)

I miss

My friend at work thought it was a little dull and prefers action. I told him action is coming.

He also thinks Arya will sit on the Iron Throne if Dany doesn't.

Like many of your friends, he also thinks Bran will walk again.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching with him. In the first season, I was the noob who hadn't read the books.

I miss being the noob. A friend of mine is just watching S01 and he just sent me a message "NEEEED!!! JOFFREY!!! SHIIIT!!!". Cute.

He could've looked closer then :P The last scene with Theon ends with a shot of him hanging on the "cross", with his head down, slowly fading out. Just like this (not upside down though)

http://images4.wikia...olton-sigil.jpg

Not long after you see the Boltons catching Jaime/Brienne, and almost every rider is equipped with ^ that banner.

None of the non-readers I've spoken to about the episode seemed to put those two things together...Which is kind of surprising because its pretty blatant. Can't wait for the Ramsay Snow reveal thats coming in the next episode or two!

What did you say to him?

Nothing, I am forbidden from even starting any sentence with the words, "But in the book...." LOL! No book talk until AFTER the season is over. My husband was also really upset with Sansa for spilling the beans with the Tyrells. He thinks it means big trouble for Sansa.

My Dad thinks Arya is going to save the whole world on the show and thinks she'll be reuniting with her family soon. I can't wait to see his reaction to a certain episode.

Neither my Dad or Hubby are even remotely clued into Littlefinger, which I think is kinda cool b/c that's exactly how Littlefinger in the books would want it.

I also think the first wedding is going to really shock them. It'll be fun!

new message from a friend: "Thought the second episode of thrones was better. Still not much action but at least the scenes had purpose. Hound and the little girl are 2 of my favorites"

My friend is absolutely adamant about not wanting to know even the teeniest of details that would spoil the books for her when she reads them later on. But this week when we talked about the 4/7 episode, she said she really thought Robb was going to win the war, after all. Oops -- I had a helluva time keeping a straight face on that one!

Nothing, I am forbidden from even starting any sentence with the words, "But in the book...." LOL! No book talk until AFTER the season is over. My husband was also really upset with Sansa for spilling the beans with the Tyrells. He thinks it means big trouble for Sansa.

My Dad thinks Arya is going to save the whole world on the show and thinks she'll be reuniting with her family soon. I can't wait to see his reaction to a certain episode.

Neither my Dad or Hubby are even remotely clued into Littlefinger, which I think is kinda cool b/c that's exactly how Littlefinger in the books would want it.

I also think the first wedding is going to really shock them. It'll be fun!

First wedding as in RW of S&T?

The warg stuff was much more difficult to explain without spoilers because it was so different from the books. She also thought Bran would walk again.

I have found a way to describe it without spoilers...

I just make a reference to the Red Comet and say that it appeared at about the the time the three dragons were born. Magic used to be widespread in the world but had died away. Since the Red Comet, magic is returning to the world and growing stronger (Melisandre's abilities, Dragons, Warging, Green Sight). I even make the point of saying that the 'big ball of fire' in the opening credits is the Comet looking down on the world. It all makes perfect sense to them then and no hint of spoilers involved.

Watching the show with my buddy who hasn't read the books. He also thinks Theon is being held by the Ironborn and thinks "Boy" was sent by Asha. Also thinks the Ironborn burned down Winterfell.

Thinks that Sansa just screwed herself by badmouthing Joffrey to QoT/Margaery.

Thinks Dany will be in Westeros as soon as she gets the Unsullied...

And sadly thinks Bran is the only Stark with warg abilities.

My boyfriend thinks that Robb made a mistake with Talisa because he broke his word to marry Lord Frey's daughter but remains confident it's not that big of a deal ...

He thinks that:

- War will start this season with Dany joining Westeros with her army lol

- Shae will play a big role in protecting Sansa

- Joffrey will be influenced by Margaery and become less cruel, but will die anyway because he's a little sh*t

My dad knows the larger picture of the books (he likes spoilers, the weirdo), not to mention he had to put up with me when I first read the books back in high school. Still, it's funny when stuff happens that he either hasn't heard about or didn't properly understand.

He thought Ramsay Bolton was the guy torturing Theon. Teeheehehe.

I asked him what he thought about Littlefinger, since Littlefinger comes across as less intelligent to me in the show than in the book. I guess the TV is doing it's thing because he goes "Oh, I can't ever forgive the bastard for betraying Ned, but he's super devious and obviously smarter than almost everyone else."

He has a strange fondness for the Mountain because he "taught the Knight of Pansies some manners." Half to piss me off, he launched a cracktheory about the Mountain teaming up with Stannis to conquer Westeros. I told him he should write slashfic. Not entirely understanding slash, he replied "Fine! I'll write that and you can put it on Facebook!"

My one question for people who think the ironborn are holding Theon--wouldn't he be able to recognize his own people? I know he's been gone awhile but he should be able to place the accent.

Archived