[Book Spoilers] Implications of something jojen said

I was really hoping then that Bran would tell Jojen about the ToJ, but know you've brought this up then maybe Jojen will be the one who will possibly reveal what really happened there.

He will probably tell Bran or instruct Bran on how to develop his own sight in order for him to see the battle at the Tower of Joy

That kind of disappointed me when he said Howland never told them about the rebellion. Convinced me that we wouldn't get the knight of the laughing tree story in the show. but I guess that's not really the rebellion.

:agree: This was my worry also!! I love when they tell Bran about the knight of the laughing tree, hope they include it!

That kind of disappointed me when he said Howland never told them about the rebellion. Convinced me that we wouldn't get the knight of the laughing tree story in the show. but I guess that's not really the rebellion.

Please no, let that not be in the show.

The books give me the impression Howland told his children all about the rebellion, Harrenhall and the ToJ, so I was surprised when Jojen said on the show that his father never talked about it, but since he seems to have seen it in his green dreams... yes, I think he will have the same level of knowledge on that subject on the show that he does on the books, and I certainly hope they will include the KotLT story!

I was more intrigued by his ability to communicate with Bran through their dreams, actually.

I can see why it wouldnt go so well on the show, but It's one of the major R+L=J hints that can be done without visual spoilers.

Can be done in a different way. And if they do it, please do it in season 4 :) Because than we have Oberyn. So it would be nice to have some attention on Rheagar. But this can still be in a different way than the books. But the problem is that the story is too long, it would mean 10 minutes to tell that story, and the only important thing is a little hint. Can be done better. But we'll have to see.

Can be done in a different way. And if they do it, please do it in season 4 :) Because than we have Oberyn. So it would be nice to have some attention on Rheagar. But this can still be in a different way than the books. But the problem is that the story is too long, it would mean 10 minutes to tell that story, and the only important thing is a little hint. Can be done better. But we'll have to see.

I've been thinking for a while about how they can do this. I don't think the viewers would be able to piece it together, I don't think they would even be able to tell who the wild wolf/young wolf are, let alone Ashara, Lyanna, or even Robert. They would likely have to reword the whole thing and even then it would be a long scene that's basically a nod to the readers.

That being said they have to eventually do something to hint at Jon's parentage to make it seem like it actually makes sense rather than a completely out of the blue name drop.

I think they are trying to avoid big monologue info dumps (unless they can get a naked lady or two in the picture than they are all for it). From reading unsullied forums I gather that a lot of tv only fans have already speculated R and L as Jon's biological parents without being hit over the head with flashbacks, even if the details are still pretty undefined. If they do address it at some point in the show it will be visual. Maybe Bran sees it in a green dream or something similar. Characters talking for a long time about past events do not work as well in tv, unless it is a story to flesh out a character like when Tyrion told Shae about his experience with the prostitute who he almost married at 16.

I totally thought thread was going to be about "The only one thing that matters: you". I don't remember that line from the books, but it seems to imply that Jon, R+L=J, and basically everyone else is of lesser importance.

That specific line is not in it, as I recall, Jojen isn't quite so blatent but he makes it pretty clear that his entire purpose is to find Bran and bring him somewhere. I don't think it really makes him more important overall, but rather makes his personal quest important because Bran will have a big role to play in the end.

I think they are trying to avoid big monologue info dumps (unless they can get a naked lady or two in the picture than they are all for it). From reading unsullied forums I gather that a lot of tv only fans have already speculated R and L as Jon's biological parents without being hit over the head with flashbacks, even if the details are still pretty undefined. If they do address it at some point in the show it will be visual. Maybe Bran sees it in a green dream or something similar. Characters talking for a long time about past events do not work as well in tv, unless it is a story to flesh out a character like when Tyrion told Shae about his experience with the prostitute who he almost married at 16.

Perhaps I understimate people, but if you could predict R+L=J from watching the show then you're either a fucking wizard or not really unsullied.

Jojen tells Bran in this episode that he "saw" the rebellion. Does this mean he saw what happened at the TOJ? Is it possible he knows the promise, or how Howland saved Ned?

Anything is possible with greendreams is it not?

No it's not the rebellion.

The bigger question is why wouldn't Howland tell them anything about it? Are the crannogmen so far removed from Westerosi politics? I'd think not.

Killing people, over throwing a dynasty that united the seven kingdoms? There's nothing good that could come out of the rebellion stories to kids. Ned did the same, he didn't talk about the rebelllion to Sansa, Arya, Bran or Rickon. Robb and Jon might know a few things but they're older.

Jojen is suppose to be like what 12?

I totally thought thread was going to be about "The only one thing that matters: you". I don't remember that line from the books, but it seems to imply that Jon, R+L=J, and basically everyone else is of lesser importance.

As far as Jojen is concerned Bran is the one that matters. His mission? Bring him to the three eyed raven.

Perhaps I understimate people, but if you could predict R+L=J from watching the show then you're either a fucking wizard or not really unsullied.

Yeah, most of the unsullied who figured it out, are actually people spoiled by the book-readers, or even worse, other unsullied. The theory of R+L=J spread like wildfire to whomever was interested in this show.

They have 2 seasons for ASOS, the story of the KotLT should be in it, especially because Bran has very little to do from no on. We have 6-7 book chapters for 4 seasons of show!! Plenty of time to do whatever they want.

Archived