[Book Spoilers] Jojen Reed

I jumped out my seat when they mentioned Howland saving Ned, I thought Bran was going to tell the story of fight at the ToJ but he didn't. With this hint maybe Jojen will tell Bram about it at the cave of the COTF.

Bran won't tell us the story. If we hear it, it'll most likely be from Jojen. Although I'd doubt either ToJ or KotLT are getting in there. It's nice sometime to just have some of the lore kept in the book, with only little nods filtering into the show (Thoros singing RoC)

I think the descriptions of Jojens powers are a bit iffy. "Hey yeah, you have super powers, I have superpowers, its totally cool bro."

Always got the sense that Jojen's green dreams weighed very heavily on him in the books. But here its not the case at all.

And they are entering other peoples dreams now? So is the show now suggesting that was actually supposed to be Jon and Robb joining the dream too? Shrug.

As for the "The 3-Eyed Raven is you!" bit. Thats...odd. Because as book readers know thats just not the case. But perhaps Jojen is just incorrectly assuming so because the 3-eyed crow has visited him specifically to send him to Bran.

I think the descriptions of Jojens powers are a bit iffy. "Hey yeah, you have super powers, I have superpowers, its totally cool bro."

Always got the sense that Jojen's green dreams weighed very heavily on him in the books. But here its not the case at all.

And they are entering other peoples dreams now? So is the show now suggesting that was actually supposed to be Jon and Robb joining the dream too? Shrug.

As for the "The 3-Eyed Raven is you!" bit. Thats...odd. Because as book readers know thats just not the case. But perhaps Jojen is just incorrectly assuming so because the 3-eyed crow has visited him specifically to send him to Bran.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think the identity of the three-eyed crow is something book readers can debate, however tenuous some of those conclusions might be.

I will give the show a few more episodes to flesh out the nature of Jojen's powers, as well as Jojen's powers vis-a-vis Bran's. But I, too, share your concerns that Jojen's visions don't appear to be weighing on him. It does seem clear that the show will dumb things down and not differentiate between greendreams and greenseeing.

Jojen said to Bran that he couldn't kill the raven because "it's you".

Also ... I don't remember Jojen saying the raven was Bran in his dream in the book. Did this happen? I found myself thinking "That's kind of a big spoiler, however subtle."

It is a greendream. Remember how they aren't 100% accurate? Can't take everything in a literal meaning. Robb and Jon are not seeing this dream, it's a memory from season one.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, I think the aspect of skinchanging has been handed pretty well in the previous seasons -- with subtlety, which I think is very important -- but they kind of went full on with the super powers in this episode.

It is a greendream. Remember how they aren't 100% accurate? Can't take everything in a literal meaning. Robb and Jon are not seeing this dream, it's a memory from season one.

I certainly hope you are right! I just hope they aren't...

...writing our friend Bloodraven aka the Three-Eyed Crow out of the series. But I could totally see it happening what with all the character consolidation/elimination they admittedly have to do in order to adapt this story for the screen.

I liked how the convo initiated between Bran and Jojen in their shared dream simply carried on when they met in RL.

I also liked "I saw your father die... When I told my father, he cried..."

They cant Write out Bloodraven (this is a book spoiler thread no need to mark it as spoiler) considering how much time Bran spends in his lair and that he plays a major role in brans storyline. What is he going to do instead, just hang out in a cave for an entire season?

remember when bran asked Osha about the three eyed raven she said "They say al sorts of crazy stuff beyond the wall", implying that more people than Jojen and Bran has seen it.

I didn't like the "because the raven is you" bit at the beginning. Thomas Sangster reminded me of mini-Voldemort from the HP movies when he first turned up. He had an almost malicious smile. But I thought he and Ellie Kendrick as Meera did well. They should be good.

meera is awesome in the books and the show.

based on?? about 40 seconds of bland?

show jojen already looks like an improvement. he was very good. show meera hasn't brought anything to the table yet

based on?? about 40 seconds of bland?

show jojen already looks like an improvement. he was very good. show meera hasn't brought anything to the table yet

Rude, and false. Re-watch her scenes. The way she delivers her lines isn't bland. Her little smile and laugh when talking to Osha had personality as well. Meera for the win.

I certainly hope you are right! I just hope they aren't...

...writing our friend Bloodraven aka the Three-Eyed Crow out of the series. But I could totally see it happening what with all the character consolidation/elimination they admittedly have to do in order to adapt this story for the screen.

Writing out that character seems pretty impossible( did you notice season1 episode1) that they had enough foresight to have a crow/raven circling the direwolf pup when Bran falls?

Writing out that character seems pretty impossible( did you notice season1 episode1) that they had enough foresight to have a crow/raven circling the direwolf pup when Bran falls?

Hmm...I'm not so sure. As I said, I certainly hope they don't and you're right that they couldn't actually write the crow/raven out but they could certainly write Bloodraven/The Three-Eyed Crow out and simply treat the crow/raven as a sort of spirit-guide for Bran. This is what I'm afraid they will do.

Archived