[Book Spoilers] "Because The raven is you"

Just seemed like a writer got lazy and decided the whole raven thing was too hard to explain well on screen so just shot off a cliche to end it.

Personally I blame the actor who plays Jojen, that guy was in like 50 cliche kids fantasy movies in the past 10 years, it's probably warped his mind and so he suggested it.

Personally I blame the actor who plays Jojen, that guy was in like 50 cliche kids fantasy movies in the past 10 years, it's probably warped his mind and so he suggested it.

I highly - HIGHLY - doubt that is the case.

This sentence does seem to conflict with what we know from the book on the first look, namely that Bloodraven impersonates a three eyed crow to guide Bran. But on a second thought, there are several situations where this could prove to be true. For example, we know from Bloodraven talking about the Weirwoods that they don't know time, but simultaneously see themselves as a little sapling to a big ass tree. If you see Bran as Bloodravens successor, then Bran is the three eyed crow.

It's a jarring sentence for sure in the show, but I guess we need to wait 1 to 2 seasons at least to find out more on it ;)

The line struck me as strange. It made me wonder if perhaps the show is planning to dispense with BloodRaven all together. But I'm probably making too much of it, I doubt they're thinking that far ahead in terms of character elimination.

Yes, this worried me when I first saw it and I'm still worried. I think there is a pretty good chance they are going to simply treat the "Three-Eyed Crow/Raven" as a sort of spirit guide for Bran and write Bloodraven out completely. On the other hand, maybe they wanted to make an even more obvious allusion to it being Bloodraven so they changed the word "Crow" (which hinted at a brother of the NW) to Raven (which hints at Bloodraven, of course)? I sincerely hope it's the latter!

ETA: I hope you're right, Sun!

For example, we know from Bloodraven talking about the Weirwoods that they don't know time, but simultaneously see themselves as a little sapling to a big ass tree. If you see Bran as Bloodravens successor, then Bran is the three eyed crow.

This was my interpretation as well.

I think that they have decided to cut Bloodraven, and I can understand why they'd do this. Having the haouse of the mythical Children of the Forest presided by a rooted albino with a huge bloodstain without explaining who he is would confuse viewers. And explaining Bloodraven would take too much time.

It's far easier to give his lines to some kind of Children leader.

I think that they have decided to cut Bloodraven, and I can understand why they'd do this. Having the haouse of the mythical Children of the Forest presided by a rooted albino with a huge bloodstain without explaining who he is would confuse viewers. And explaining Bloodraven would take too much time.

All they have is extra time when it comes to Brans arc. Unless they're just going to show him walking for the next 4 years.

All they have is extra time when it comes to Brans arc. Unless they're just going to show him walking for the next 4 years.

Well, I'm convinced that S4 will include his ADWD material and afterwards Bran will be written out of the show, until he returns for the later seasons. He has like 8 chapters in ASOS+AFFC+ADWD. There's simply not material enough, and I don't see B&W inventing lots of material for him: he's not a fan favourite, he'll be alone in the far Norh, he's a cripple, and most importantly, they can't use him as an excuse to show some boobs.

Well, I'm convinced that S4 will include his ADWD material and afterwards Bran will be written out of the show, until he returns for the later seasons. He has like 8 chapters in ASOS+AFFC+ADWD. There's simply not material enough, and I don't see B&W inventing lots of material for him: he's not a fan favourite, he'll be alone in the far Norh, he's a cripple, and most importantly, they can't use him as an excuse to show some boobs.

Meera

You make too much sense with this and I don't like it one bit! :)

While I think Bloodraven/The Three-Eyed Crow is really great in ASoIaF I can definitely see why they would have to eliminate him from the series. They constantly need to consolidate/eliminate characters in order to bring the story to the screen - it's just too massive! Ah well, I just keep reminding myself that the show is not the books and enjoy both ;)

I highly - HIGHLY - doubt that is the case.

can't you tell he was joking?

I agree that Bran is going to get written out after S4. He's just growing up too fast. I think Rickon will probably be killed off too since I highly doubt he's playing a major role in TWoW (because that's what EVERYONE expects and we all know GRRM likes to be less predictable).

It's a jarring sentence for sure in the show, but I guess we need to wait 1 to 2 seasons at least to find out more on it ;)

To me this is just another instance of the show runners dumbing down the book and using some Empire Strikes Back storytelling to make Bran's journey easier to understand. Because, let's face it, the Bran/Bloodraven storyline is very complex -- at least it is for me. However, at least it's rooted (ha ha, get it) in things we see in the book series, unlike other scenes from this episode that were created from whole cloth by the writers.

Archived