[Book Spoilers] "Because The raven is you"

Ummm maybe stop crying?

It is interesting for most people who just like the TV show because it is a great show. And the way the Reeds showed up made them very mysterious. Some of you people really need something else to do jesus titty fucking christ the amount of bitching around here is through the roof.

I've always thought that Blood Raven might be a conduit so bran could get to him and use the weirnet to go to himself in dreams and awaken his power.

The weirnet!

The wargnet!

And the duck comes down, you said the secret word!

Could this be a case of an unreliable narrator? What I mean is that Jojen doesn't really know what the three-eyed Raven is, so he assumes it's Bran.

That's pretty much what i assumed. Jojen is cleaver, but how could he really know what the Bloodraven is?

Who would have really guessed that? I was working on (what i considered at the time to be) far-fetched theory that BR was a child of the forest (or the ghost of one). But i also have a hope that Drogo's coming back... so i never take my theories too seriously.

Ummm maybe stop crying?

It is interesting for most people who just like the TV show because it is a great show. And the way the Reeds showed up made them very mysterious. Some of you people really need something else to do jesus titty fucking christ the amount of bitching around here is through the roof.

Have to say I agree. In the end, I've always thought that the crow was Bran and it IS meant to be Bran. Another example of people taking the metaphorical as literal..... Stop destroying the story please by tearing it apart and just enjoy it.

Thought it was weird too as it's supposed to be Bloodraven. Although to be honest, I never liked the three eyed crow thing and wasn't impressed with BR even though it was a long ass pay off and connected to Dunk & Egg. It's a longer plot thread than even Jon Arryn's death.

I'll echo the other post saying just enjoy it as a great show and not bitch about inaccuracies to the book. Show-only watchers aren't cursed with book knowledge, so they're only seeing a great show.

Bloodraven? Where is that term mentioned in book 3...Oh shit, I'm only mid-way through book 4. I think I wandered in to a thread I shouldn't have. :uhoh:

Book Spoilers generally mean that the whole book series is meant since - as you may have noticed by now - the show juggles around with its storylines to fit them better into the show format. We for example still haven't seen some things from Book 1 (such as Ned's dream) or 2 (the names of the dragons), but we do now get to see stuff from book 5 already (Theon's storyline is told there in flashbacks). So I'd suggest you open a "book 3 spoilers" only to discuss that. Otherwise, you will get spoiled even more!

Ummm maybe stop crying?

Have to say I agree. In the end, I've always thought that the crow was Bran and it IS meant to be Bran. Another example of people taking the metaphorical as literal..... Stop destroying the story please by tearing it apart and just enjoy it.

:agree:

"If you see Bran as Bloodravens successor, then Bran is the three eyed crow."

This. Well Done.

Bran and Osha are stuck with nowhere to go, no purpose, hiding. Measter Luwin bid them to go north to the wall. Osha wants to go south away from the wall. That story line is dead. But oh, look at this, here comes deus ex machina to save the irrelevant plot--Jojen and Meera--and now they are on the move to nowhere again.

Not one viewer knows a single thing about Jojen or Meera. Not one viewer knows where they are headed, but hey, they've come a long way for Bran and they have a long way to go.

Osha's got her spear back and Bran is as comfortable with Jojen as if they grew up together. WTF?!? They trust them completely in their journey to long-way-to-go, even though they've been hiding from every stranger.

This plot device was just ridiculous imo. Sorry.

I completely understand, but not saying I agree. I didn't think of it in terms of a deus ex machina before and you're not wrong. But if it's any consolation, when that scene was over my roommate who hasn't read the books said "So... Bran's must be fucking important." Which, I mean.... he is. So there's that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived