[Book Spoilers] Murder Weapon

As soon as I saw Joff with his new crossbow, bragging about it, I suspected that it would be the one Tyrion uses on Big Bad Daddio. Tywin doesn't even necessarily have to confiscate it, just have it as a keepsake of his adoring grandson. That reminds me, I hope we do get scenes of Joff putting down Tywin, in comparison to Robert. Tyrion enjoyed that, I think I would, too, on film. :thumbsup:

Off topic but I thought the boars head he shot could've been the same boar that killed Robert.

That's what I thought, too. Lawd knows, Cersei would have done that. My daughter gets a laugh out of how fond she has become of boar since Robert's death, LOL

That's a funny thought, I hope so. More importantly though, they need some scenes with Joff and Tywin, two of the best actors in the series. The scene mentioned above where Joffrey criticizes his grandpa and just gets totally owned would be fantastic. Hopefully they put a couple more in as well, the same way they've done it with Joff and Cersei.

The thought had crossed my mind, aye. I wonder if Tywin will end up confiscating it from Joffrey at some point. It'll become Chekhov's crossbow :P

Why does he need to confiscate it?

Joffrey is dead when Tyrion takes it from his father's chambers

He doesn't need to. I just imagined him doing it because he gets a bit pissy with him later on.

I do think it would be awesome for that crossbow to be used for it later on, and I think it will happen.

I highly doubt however that it would be confiscated rather than received as WiDMNDBhe'AMMD mentions. Joff is the epitomy of arrogance and deslusion when it comes to power and i doubt he'd give his precious new bow to his grandfather because he was told to, if you see how he's acting up to his mother already.

My first thought on the crossbow was thinking that it will be used to kill Tywin as well.

Also, for whoever mentioned the boar's head being the boar that killed Robert, in the HBO GO interactive features, it confirmed that it IS the same boar.

Archived