[Book spoilers] Jaime & Brienne

Well-scripted dialogue between these two, though grosser and more direct in some ways than in the books. Understandably so, given time constraints. Loved Jaime's comment on "if the iron throne were made of c***ks..." but slightly more taken by his rather poignant memory of young Renly, "trotting down the corridors in his embroidered silks..."

And of course the hughly telling: "No-one chooses who they love..."

And the fight. Was it me or did they both seem really pleased with themselves? Brienne because at last she gets a run at him after all the taunting and Jaime because he's just so happy to have a sword again... Pride and all that.

And of course, no good deed goes unpunished resisting Jaime's urging Brienne refuses to slay the farmer and guess who leads "Locke" (still can't get over the other TV associations of that name) straight to them?

Coster-waldau is really knocking this role out of the park. This is going to be a big season for Jaime and I find him incredibly engaging and easy to watch.

I am excited to see how he handles more serious material.

Coster-waldau is really knocking this role out of the park. This is going to be a big season for Jaime and I find him incredibly engaging and easy to watch.

I am excited to see how he handles more serious material.

I dont think it'll be a problem. Even in his more serious and weaker moments, jamie still keeps his cocky attitude on.

Id love to see show Jamie tell Brienne that he just wanted to hear Vargo say "thatfireth" a few more time, but alas...

Im worried show Jamie is going to influence me to actually begin liking book Jamie

I really like the dialogue between them although I do wish they'd take some lines straight out of the book.....nearly all the talk between them has been invented. Leaves me concerned for the bath tub scene.

I think the show producers felt it really had to be condensed... I mean how many pages does their road trip occupy in the books... In the series it's barely 40 mins. So the dialogue between them has to go for the jugular pretty quickly.

I don't know what's going to happen in the bath tub scene. Fingers crossed!

I think the show producers felt it really had to be condensed... I mean how many pages does their road trip occupy in the books... In the series it's barely 40 mins. So the dialogue between them has to go for the jugular pretty quickly.

I don't know what's going to happen in the bath tub scene. Fingers crossed!

Seems to me the writers dd an excellent job of condensing. We can see Jamie gleaning info from her and harassing her. Sometimes he touches buttons and sometimes it just bounces off of her.

The sexual undertones are beginning to come out too, especially after Locke showed up.

I agree that both actors pull it off exceptionally well

However i am a bit disappointed with how much of their journey has been left out. I know they had to cut a lot of it, and most of it makes sense, e.g. there would not have been much point having Cleos Frey in the show. But for me, their relationship was one of the strongest aspects of the book. I really like how at the start Jaime hates her but oddly respects her in a way, might have been nice to have a short scene with them at the kneeling man.

I'll reserve judgement because i know we're only on episode 2, but i just think that Jaime's character arc is so important and so far i'm concerned that the show may not pull it off. They definitely need a scene with him telling Brienne the full story of why he killed Aerys

I would pay money to see this. Lots and lots of money.

I'd watch the Jaime and Brienne show, no doubt about it. Another thing worrying me about too much condensing of the books is......the fact that we still haven't heard the song The Bear and The Maiden Fair. I think it's really important but they're still beating us over the head with The Rains of Castamere, not that I don't love that, too.

They have hinted at some of the issues about Jaime's feelings and reasonings on killing The Mad King the past two seasons, but I do think he does need to do that damn good ramble in the tub.

The actors are doing a fantastic job on the two characters, but I do fear that the dropping of The Mummers, not hearing The Bear and The Maiden Fair, and too much dropping of dialogue between them might be a problem. I hope I'm wrong and perhaps now at their capture by Mr. Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do......more of that will shine through.

It'd be great if one of Locke's men has a lisp, though......I so want to hear Thathfireths.

I'd watch the Jaime and Brienne show, no doubt about it. Another thing worrying me about too much condensing of the books is......the fact that we still haven't heard the song The Bear and The Maiden Fair. I think it's really important but they're still beating us over the head with The Rains of Castamere, not that I don't love that, too.

They have hinted at some of the issues about Jaime's feelings and reasonings on killing The Mad King the past two seasons, but I do think he does need to do that damn good ramble in the tub.

The actors are doing a fantastic job on the two characters, but I do fear that the dropping of The Mummers, not hearing The Bear and The Maiden Fair, and too much dropping of dialogue between them might be a problem. I hope I'm wrong and perhaps now at their capture by Mr. Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do......more of that will shine through.

It'd be great if one of Locke's men has a lisp, though......I so want to hear Thathfireths.

"Mr. Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do" Haha nice one!

I wouldn't worry too much about the bath scene. There may be a change in dialogue but I'm sure the correct emphasis and emotion will come across. Plus, I read somewhere that The Hold Steady's version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair plays over the end credits of episode 3, after Jaime gets the chop.

"Mr. Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do" Haha nice one!

I wouldn't worry too much about the bath scene. There may be a change in dialogue but I'm sure the correct emphasis and emotion will come across. Plus, I read somewhere that The Hold Steady's version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair plays over the end credits of episode 3, after Jaime gets the chop.

LOL, doing Lostisms is how I actually started playing on the internet. Feels like old times.

Thanks for the info about Episode 3 having The Bear and The Maiden Fair, I've been wondering when it would show up, glad to hear that it is soon.

ETA: Perhaps it should be Ser Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do, although.....being a Northman, probably not.

Nikolaj is my hero<3 I love him, he nails the character of Jaime. He's what helped make Jaime my favorite character.

"I don't blame him, and I don't blame you either. We don't get to choose who we love." Right in the fucking feels, guys.

Archived