[Book Spoilers] No Bloody Mummbers?

It doesn't matter who cuts it of but more that the Hand does get cut off. Unlike tyrion's little scratch instead of losing a nose. I would think one of the Dreadfort men get bother beccause he can't rape Brienne and somehow Jaime's hand will end up off.

They've already got so many distinct bands of armed people running around the Riverlands that I fully understand why the Mummers were cut. It seems to me that the distinctive post that Theon was shackled to in addition to the prominent display of Bolton banners throughout the episode was meant to begin to lay out Bolton brutality, even if most TV viewers have not yet made the connection. Perhaps Roose wouldn't maim Jaime but it is perfectly believable that a subordinate like Locke would.

^No, Karstark is marching with Robb

Locke will probably maim Jaime after Jaime attempts to escape, or something. He will do it probably because Roose didn't order him not to - so this will put Roose in a tricky situation, just like he is in the books when Vargo maims Jaime.

An overzealous Bolton bannerman doing the deed is not all that different than a sellsword hired by Bolton doing the deed

^No, Karstark is marching with Robb

Locke will probably maim Jaime after Jaime attempts to escape, or something. He will do it probably because Roose didn't order him not to - so this will put Roose in a tricky situation, just like he is in the books when Vargo maims Jaime.

An overzealous Bolton bannerman doing the deed is not all that different than a sellsword hired by Bolton doing the deed

this sounds the most plausible scenario to me. it's a lose-lose situation for book readers no matter what though. nothing is really ever going to be as plausible as Vargo Hoat doing the job but he ain't around.

Jaime can lose his hand without Locke or Roose actively wanting it, simply by accident.

Some Bolton soldier or Locke tries to rape Brienne, Jaime attempts to save her and then some bloke stabs or cut Jaime's hand. With no Maester around they can't deal with the wound properly and by the time Locke gets them to Harrenhal it's so bad that Qyburn has to remove the entire hand.

That way Jaime loses his hand, House Bolton can't be blamed for it and they introduce Qyburn as a former Maester.

Jaime can lose his hand without Locke or Roose actively wanting it, simply by accident.

Some Bolton soldier or Locke tries to rape Brienne, Jaime attempts to save her and then some bloke stabs or cut Jaime's hand. With no Maester around they can't deal with the wound properly and by the time Locke gets them to Harrenhal it's so bad that Qyburn has to remove the entire hand.

That way Jaime loses his hand, House Bolton can't be blamed for it and they introduce Qyburn as a former Maester.

This actually seems...very plausible I had not thought of that. I was questioning why they would introduce Qybern at such an odd point (I was like WTF when it happened) but that would actually tie everything together quite well. Although to be honest the writers will go with something quick and extreme as they usually always do because this way is less dramatic.

Archived