Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

Based on some previous threads on this forum, this beast of an excel document was born. Let us know what you think!

It's our attempt to map out the exact days of what happens from AGOT-ADWD.

https://docs.google....Fha1ZfNUE#gid=8

This spreadsheet is like a wet dream. So organized and detailed. I was salivating over it. I especially liked the travel distance calculations.

This spreadsheet is like a wet dream. So organized and detailed. I was salivating over it. I especially liked the travel distance calculations.

It's not the size of the spread sheet that counts, but how organized and detailed it is. ;)

Thank you, I did very little of the work - but did help with some of the organization.

If anybody sees any errors, please let me know!

Thanks everyone! What I perhaps find most interesting are two things:

1) That Ned and Robb were killed exactly one year apart.

2) That doing a proper re-read in the chronological order would be very cool. There is a lot of overlap between ACOK and ASOS - as well as overlap between ASOS and AFFC

Also, I just made the document editable by anyone. I saved a backup in case it gets vandalized again. Unfortunately, only 50 people can edit at a time, and there have been at least 50 people in at any given time since I uploaded the document. Hopefully tomorrow less people get on the document so everyone has the ability to edit freely.

I have seen several timelines with much different calculations about Arya's timeline. In fact, most I have seen have her currently in the year 301.

EDIT: Actually, just from a cursory glance at it, there is no way Arya 1 (ADwD) can be 2 months before Jon 12 (ADwD). If anything, their two positions should be reversed in relation to one another.

Why do you say this?

I was thinking of the refugees from Hardhome although right now I'm reading your list of assumptions and other related material trying to get a grasp on how you came to all the dates. I think the two POVs that don't seem to make sense to me are Sam and Arya. At least from what I remember, I think they should be months ahead of where you placed them.

Boattravels:

Golden Company crosses the Narrow Sea: 1 month

Sam travels from Eastwatch-By-Sea to Braavos: 44 days

Sam travels from Braavos to Old Town: 1 month

Time between Davos leaving to pick up Rickon and Jon dying on the Wall: 3 months+

Either he's not going to Skagos or the locals took him prisoner too (If i was Davos I'd never set foot on dry land again, it just doesn't work out for him).

Archived