Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

I've just noticed in Dance 14 (Tyrion IV) :

Ysilla was burning the biscuits. She laid an iron pan atop the brazier and put the bacon in. Some days she cooked biscuits and bacon; some days bacon and biscuits. Once every fortnight there might be a fish, but not today.

That seems to mean Tyrion is aboard the Shy Maid for several fortnights, and the timeline has only one between Tyrion III and IV.

That seems to mean Tyrion is aboard the Shy Maid for several fortnights, and the timeline has only one between Tyrion III and IV.

He might have just been repeating what one of his companions had told him.

In the timeline, row 255, ASOS Arya 9 (crossing the Trident at Harroway) appears after the Red Wedding and on the same day, while it should happen before it, and on a different day, given the distance to the Twins.

@R_T: You must fix this now, please. Arya IX is listed after Arya X!

In the timeline, row 255, ASOS Arya 9 (crossing the Trident at Harroway) appears after the Red Wedding and on the same day, while it should happen before it, and on a different day, given the distance to the Twins.

@R_T: You must fix this now, please. Arya IX is listed after Arya X!

Fixed, though Sandors route seems a bit strange. From the Ghost of High Heart, Harroway's town is to the east, while the twins are to the north, and the north alone.

Is there anything else in the chapter that suggest passage of time more or less than currently stated? (due to an exam this friday, I have no time to check myself, unfortunately.)

Fixed, though Sandors route seems a bit strange. From the Ghost of High Heart, Harroway's town is to the east, while the twins are to the north, and the north alone.

Is there anything else in the chapter that suggest passage of time more or less than currently stated? (due to an exam this friday, I have no time to check myself, unfortunately.)

Sandor was able to travel a lot faster without thousands of gold coins stuffed into his pockets.

Just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to help maintain this document. Very surprised to log in today to see people still updating the thing that we started a LONG time ago.

Cheers!

This is the best thing ever.

Sandor was able to travel a lot faster without thousands of gold coins stuffed into his pockets.

It seems to take Sandor roughly half the time that it takes Robb from Riverrun with an army, and an army will slow you down.

Riverrun and High Heart aren't that far from each other, so Sandor should be able to make the journey in less time that Robb and his army did.

Losing all those coins certainly helped :p

Just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to help maintain this document. Very surprised to log in today to see people still updating the thing that we started a LONG time ago.

Cheers!

Thank you for adding me to the list (some time ago), and for uploading it in the first place, of course :D

I've found nothing else mentioning an explicit amount of time, and a fortnight between Goyan Drohe and Ny Sar seems coherent with the rest of the journey. Maybe you could add a week to have at least two fishs cooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we (and by we I mean R_T) calculate when the good guys made it back to the Wall after the mutiny at Craster's and plug that in?

We know where to place the mutiny itself, and we know that when Jon arrives at CB again, those who survived Crasters have already returned, and some have already gone again, with Bowen Marsh. The wiki states that the loyalists from Crasters returned before Jarman Buckwell returned, though I can't find a quote for that. Buckwell returned a fortnight before the Jon chapter where he arrives at CB.

And while the fighting is going on, with Mance's turtle, news reaches CB that Bowen Marsh had chased the wildlings all the way past the Shadow Tower, down to the Gorge, where he had fought and won a battle, and was carried back to the Shadow tower heavily wounded.

If someone can find me the quote that the group from Crasters indeed returned before Buckwell returned, then perhaps I can indeed place the return to CB in the list ;)

We know where to place the mutiny itself, and we know that when Jon arrives at CB again, those who survived Crasters have already returned, and some have already gone again, with Bowen Marsh. The wiki states that the loyalists from Crasters returned before Jarman Buckwell returned, though I can't find a quote for that. Buckwell returned a fortnight before the Jon chapter where he arrives at CB.

And while the fighting is going on, with Mance's turtle, news reaches CB that Bowen Marsh had chased the wildlings all the way past the Shadow Tower, down to the Gorge, where he had fought and won a battle, and was carried back to the Shadow tower heavily wounded.

If someone can find me the quote that the group from Crasters indeed returned before Buckwell returned, then perhaps I can indeed place the return to CB in the list ;)

Dudes who left Craster's woulda walked directly to Castle Black, probably covering 25 miles a day.

Archived