Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

According to the latest version, Tyrion signs the contract with the Second Sons and the next day Victarion arrives for the battle.

From the Tyrion gift chapter, many days passed after Tyrion joined the Second Sons. "After days spent in the tents" Tyrion recalls.

According to the latest version, Tyrion signs the contract with the Second Sons and the next day Victarion arrives for the battle.

From the Tyrion gift chapter, many days passed after Tyrion joined the Second Sons. "After days spent in the tents" Tyrion recalls.

You mean this box?

Second Sons turn their cloaks: Battle of Meereen

Row 430?

This is amazing, I've been looking for something like this for awhile now. Big thanks to whoever put their time into this.

I've been re-reading through the series using this to read the chapters in chronological order and it actually flows pretty well. I especially like reading Daenerys' chapters first because she has such a clouded view of Westeros so it's interesting to see her view and then get the reality instead of the other way around.

So far I've only noticed a couple of problems. First, Ned 5 is missing. That's the chapter some time after he finds out about Bran and has agreed to have the Hand's Tourney so I'm guessing it would go somewhere after Cat leaves King's Landing but before people start arriving for the tourney. So I'd say it should go between 8/27 and 9/13.

Also Tommen's age doesn't work out.

On 3/1/298 in Cat 1 she says that Tommen is 7.

On 2/10/299 in Sansa 1 it is said that Tommen is 8.

On 3/22/300 in Cersei 5 it is said that Tommen is 8 almost 9.

The dates work until the one in AFFC because it has been over two years since Tommen was 7 but yet he is still described as being 8. I'm not sure how to fix this one because re-arranging the King's Landing chapters would cause a lot to have to be rearranged as well. It might work best to assume either Cat, Sansa, or Cersei got his age wrong. I kind of like the idea of Cersei not even knowing her own son's age accurately because that is something that totally fits with her character and how little she cared about Tommen.

Other than that I haven't noticed any issues with it. I've read through AGOT and the beginning of ACOK using this so I'll try to let you all know if I find anything else!

This is amazing, I've been looking for something like this for awhile now. Big thanks to whoever put their time into this.

I've been re-reading through the series using this to read the chapters in chronological order and it actually flows pretty well. I especially like reading Daenerys' chapters first because she has such a clouded view of Westeros so it's interesting to see her view and then get the reality instead of the other way around.

So far I've only noticed a couple of problems. First, Ned 5 is missing. That's the chapter some time after he finds out about Bran and has agreed to have the Hand's Tourney so I'm guessing it would go somewhere after Cat leaves King's Landing but before people start arriving for the tourney. So I'd say it should go between 8/27 and 9/13.

Also Tommen's age doesn't work out.

On 3/1/298 in Cat 1 she says that Tommen is 7.

On 2/10/299 in Sansa 1 it is said that Tommen is 8.

On 3/22/300 in Cersei 5 it is said that Tommen is 8 almost 9.

The dates work until the one in AFFC because it has been over two years since Tommen was 7 but yet he is still described as being 8. I'm not sure how to fix this one because re-arranging the King's Landing chapters would cause a lot to have to be rearranged as well. It might work best to assume either Cat, Sansa, or Cersei got his age wrong. I kind of like the idea of Cersei not even knowing her own son's age accurately because that is something that totally fits with her character and how little she cared about Tommen.

Other than that I haven't noticed any issues with it. I've read through AGOT and the beginning of ACOK using this so I'll try to let you all know if I find anything else!

The Tommen-age thing has been mentioned, and after posting "The Great Update", I posted this response:

Tommens age is contradictory (rows 15 and 344) either 15 has to happen later, or 344 has to happen earlier.

(Take note, all empty rows in between have been deleted, so rows 15 and 344 will now probably be showing something other than what this question originally referred to)

No, Catelyn wouldn’t know Tommen’s nameday exactly. Tommens nameday is a few days away, perhaps?

In conclusion, there is most likely enough time between this.

If people feel strongly about this needing another look, let me know.

Will fix the Ned 5 problem ;)

• 3 weeks later...

R_T, Could you add in the approximate date Alleras goes to the Citadel? Pate tells us it's a year before he's waiting for the alchemist. Interestingly "she" arrives at the Citadel around the time the comet appears.

Yeah, it's a year, but is it a year as in 12,5 or 11,5 months, or a year as in 10 months, or 14 months? "A year" could, in this case, be a little vague..

I could put in

299AC 1/16 (ROUGHLY) A novive named Alleras arrives in Oldtown to study at the Citadel.

?

Yeah, it's a year, but is it a year as in 12,5 or 11,5 months, or a year as in 10 months, or 14 months? "A year" could, in this case, be a little vague..

I could put in

299AC 1/16 (ROUGHLY) A novive named Alleras arrives in Oldtown to study at the Citadel.

?

I think it's a good idea because it shows how things fit together.

@R_T, I think we need more than one day between Asha I, Feast and Victarion I, Feast. At the end of the former Lord Harlaw is on Harlaw. At the beginning of the latter Lord Harlaw is on Old Wyk. I suspect Harlaw and Asha were ready to move right away, but one day seems awful tight. Unless it interferes with contraints of other proximate chapters, perhaps we could move Victarion I, Feast to 1/30 after Storm's Epilogue and push Aeron II, Feast to 2/1.

ETA: Actually, we need exactly four days between the two chapters...

For four days and four nights, I have been drinking with the captains and the kings, listening to what they say . . . and what they will not say.

Victarion I, Feast

@R_T, I think we need more than one day between Asha I, Feast and Victarion I, Feast. At the end of the former Lord Harlaw is on Harlaw. At the beginning of the latter Lord Harlaw is on Old Wyk. I suspect Harlaw and Asha were ready to move right away, but one day seems awful tight. Unless it interferes with contraints of other proximate chapters, perhaps we could move Victarion I, Feast to 1/30 after Storm's Epilogue and push Aeron II, Feast to 2/1.

ETA: Actually, we need exactly four days between the two chapters...

Victarion I, Feast

I've added Alleras into the document.

Wouldn't it be better to move Asha 1 from 1/28 to 1/25, or does that disrupt things?

When do we learn that summer has ended and autumn begun? During Tommen's wedding there is a hunter's moon. A hunter's moon is the second full moon following the autumnal equinox. So Tommen's wedding should take place within three months of the beginning of autumn.

When do we learn that summer has ended and autumn begun? During Tommen's wedding there is a hunter's moon. A hunter's moon is the second full moon following the autumnal equinox. So Tommen's wedding should take place within three months of the beginning of autumn.

Prologue of Clash.

A hunter's moon is the second full moon following the autumnal equinox.

That's right on Earth, where the seasons last three months, but on Planetos there are more than three full moons per season. Perhaps it should be adapted with Tommen's wedding happening during the second third of autumn, it seems to fit better.

That's right on Earth, where the seasons last three months, but on Planetos there are more than three full moons per season. Perhaps it should be adapted with Tommen's wedding happening during the second third of autumn, it seems to fit better.

In that case, it's good this way, right?

Tommens wedding is at 2/5/300, autumn began at the end of the first month in 299AC, news of winter arrived at 6/17/300

So a total of 17 months passed in between, and Tommen's takes place at the start of the 5th month. That's roughly at 2/3rd..

Archived