Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

Major Props.

I think the TL near Saltpans can be cleaned up. There's the pillaging, and Arya boarding her ship. Later on that same ship appears at Maidenpool when Brienne's there. That's a missed connection you might want in your TL.

Here's a problem for you: Cat encounters Jason Mallister the same day she abducts Tyrion. Jason is on his way to and arrives in time for the tourney. Yoren rides hard from the Inn to get to KL faster than anyone else to tell him about the abduction. But Yoren doesn't arrive until after the tourney. GRRM should have had Cat encountering Jason as soon as she left KL not at the Trident.

• 1 month later...

Kudos you you - this is one of the most thoughtful and all around well done timelines every. I only have one nitpick, and I'm prety sure it's a typo more than anything. Row 34, AGOT, it says: 7/31, 298: Robb turns 16. Shouldn't thatbe 15? It's even said later in the book that Robb's still 15.

I think there needs to be more time between Dany's arrival in Qarth, Barristan's departure fro Pentos & Barristan's arrival in Qarth.

Illyrio and the west have no way of knowing about the dragons until Jorah sends his last dispatch from Qarth. Let's say he does that when he goes to the docks after the arrive. Let's assume he finds a galley bound for Pentos with only one stop. I'm guessing it would take about a "turn." Let's say Barristan is waiting with Illyrio for word of Dany when the dispatch arrives and let's assume Illyrio is able to send Barristan with Groleo shortly thereafter. That would suggest to me you need at least two to three months.

All you'd have to do to fix it woukd be to push Barristan's departure back to late July.

• 2 weeks later...

Sansa I should come before Tyrion III in Storm since Sansa should tell Dontos about Willas wedding plot before Tywin orders Tyrion to marry Sansa.

ETA: Never mind. Sansa only recalls telling Dontos. In fact, since Cersei sends her dressmaker to Sansa in Sansa II presumably after the Lannisters intend to wed her to Tyrion Sansa II should be read after Tyrion III. It provudes a slightly different tske on Varys's capabilities and Littlefinger's motives too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is the most work ever put into something on the reader side. I've been sending this link to folks for a while now after someone sent it to me. Now that I realize where it came from, thanks to the OP(or OPs) if they still read this, cool man, cool. :cool4:

An internal contradiction; the timeline says Tyrion meets Shae on Boxing Day 298, and the chapter makes clear that the battle is the next day. Yet the timeline says that the Battle of the Green Fork happened on the 3rd of January. That can't be right.

Also, less important, it says Euron was elected king on the 7th of January 300, but the battle of the Shield Islands apparently happened on the 30th of April. Did it really take the better part of four months to muster the navy, then sail with the wind behind them (though out of site of land) to the Shield Islands?

• 2 weeks later...

Cersei V must come before Jaime III in Feast since Jaime is still in Kings Landing in Cersei V but on his way to Harenhal in Jaime III.

This shows how the creators of this timeline have stared themselves blindly on their own fictional creation to the extent that they are disregarding the actual order of events in the story. It's just logical that you can't reshuffle the order of chapters where two POV's are interacting.

This shows how the creators of this timeline have stared themselves blindly on their own fictional creation to the extent that they are disregarding the actual order of events in the story. It's just logical that you can't reshuffle the order of chapters where two POV's are interacting.

I still like this timeline with some minor adjustments and belief suspensions.

Nitpicking: Robb hears twice about the deaths of Rickon and Bran. It's in numbers 185 and 192.

Number 192 is worded poorly; it's Cat that hears of Bran and Rickon's deaths.

A possible way to fix the Ironmen discrepancy I mentioned earlier: given that it's about 50% further from the Iron Islands to Deepwood Motte than it is from the Iron Islands to the Shield Islands, and winds were against Asha but for Victarian is it possible the Kingsmoot chapters, but not "The Prophet" or "The Reaver" occurred months later than the timeline now says?

Anyone have a pre-asoiaf timeline? 0 AL - 290 AL?

This is pretty cool as well: http://www.sermounta...eline/index.php

"Download timeline spreadsheet" under Additional Resources has a detailed pre-ASOIAF timeline. Don't know how accurate it is, but it's similarly detailed.

The wiki's timeline covers events in broad strokes; this one has things like births of major characters, which I find super helpful.

Archived