New Characters of Season 3

Westeros

BLACKFISH!!! I can't wait to see those scenes. Edmure...I think that much like the book, he's going to be one of the characters who keeps mucking things up, but that you're rooting for anyway because you want to see him do well. Tobias Menzies has definitely got the likability factor.

Well yeah they will need to put some real effort in it if Edmure has to look like worse looser than show Robb and especially show Jon.

No one can look dorkier than show Jon they just can't.

Those gorgeous curls of his make his idiocy slightly easier to bear. Shameless, I know :D

Yeah, they destroyed his character... he was the high lord who cared the most about his people, probably even more then Doran Martell. He was a good man, even if he wasn't the best military leader. So what?? that doesn't make him a tool.

And I think you missed something. Thoros of Myr is supposedly extremely devout, after his miracle with Beric. I think it's kind of obvious, that Mel will come, and tell him it's for the greater good... and he will give her Gendry. We'll have to wait and see.

I just don't see Thoros cooperating with Melisandre. Both are very devout as we see them in the books but both have different ideologies. Thoros is pious but not a fanatic - he's willing to go easy on his religion around worshipers of the 7 or the Old Gods and he's sure not for burning people alive.

Aside from changing Thoros' character for the worst (though I suppose he's already significantly different.) I feel like it's important to show that the Red Priests aren't all on the same page. Having Melisandre being forced to kidnap Gendry would show this, and it would also be more dramatic meaning it would be both nuanced and action-packed - a winning formula for great TV imo.

EDIT: One thing I was glad to see from those clips is that Tormund seems to be shaping up to be a bit more lively than what he first appeared. We got a man hug! That's something right?

Blackfish and Beric are bad ass, but QOT vs Tywin is the one encounter I can`t wait to see. And it`s going to be EPIC. We have never seen the two of them close in the books, but now, we have wonderful chance to see the two of them playing the Game and outwitting each other. And let me just say I LOVE that change :)

Blackfish and Beric are bad ass, but QOT vs Tywin is the one encounter I can`t wait to see. And it`s going to be EPIC. We have never seen the two of them close in the books, but now, we have wonderful chance to see the two of them playing the Game and outwitting each other. And let me just say I LOVE that change :)

Who else but Olenna Tyrell could take the head lion's quill straight from his hand and snap it in front of him?! That is going to be SO much fun to watch.

Who else but Olenna Tyrell could take the head lion's quill straight from his hand and snap it in front of him?! That is going to be SO much fun to watch.

When I saw that, I literally burst out laughing. The two of them in one scene. It will be great. Although I still have to decide whether Dame Diana is the QOT I like. I needed a bit of Maggie Smith there, but the way she said that line about cheese was great. Absolutely amazing.

Also it sure seems like they're making Edmure completely unsympathetic. I know he messes up a lot in the books but it seems they're turning him into a complete loser. Another note, are they not giving Brynden his first name? I guess they don't want confusion with Brandon and Bloodraven when he's introduced.

In the books Edmure was just kind of flawed, as I remember he was an able commander, maybe it will come across that way?

What a stroke of luck to get Clive Russell , an actor I know, well George does call him The Blackfish most the time, but not always, but these show runners do some odd things. Maybe it's not them , but HBO execs?!

What a delight to see that Rigg and Dance will have scenes together, I hope it's more than one.

Where is Strong Belwas?!?! Apart from him, they totally nailed the casting this season. I'm excited for when Ramsay reveals himself hunting down Theon.

Belwas did not made the cut.

Too many characters in the East ... I guess?

Too many characters in the East ... I guess?

Too many characters full stop. Bear in mind we're going to get Dorne, much more Ironborn, and Tyrion's Essos adventures, then Connington and F/Aegon. In exchange we only lose Cat and Robb (and even then Cat comes back.) The stories are chock-a-block as it is, in a couple of series time it'll be insane. There simply isn't room for pointless Belwas's. Which is a shame.

I can't wait to see the Blackfish and Edmure. The Riverrun arc is one of my favorites. :)

I like the Blackfish's armor. Black scales...nice touch. But I didn't like how he just shoved Edmure out of the way during Hoster's funeral. Not cool. That was a bitch move.

Beric looks awesome. I can't wait for the duel in the cave.

I like the Blackfish's armor. Black scales...nice touch. But I didn't like how he just shoved Edmure out of the way during Hoster's funeral. Not cool. That was a bitch move.

Yea. That kind of behavior during a funeral would be considered inexcusable in the ASOIAF universe

I don't think its that "Edmure is a loser" so much as it is "Edmure is a hothead who speaks/acts emotionally and doesn't think too much" which is about right.

I think they are going to try and portray him as someone who's heart is in the right place but he just fails time after time to act in a proper way. We all know someone like that or are that person o

Loving the Blackfish and Edmure. I read an interview with Tobias Menzies that made it sound as if they'd be leaning on Edmure for a bit of comic relief, which probably means playing up his doltish side.

Olenna snapping the quill pen: yes yes yes yes yessssssss. Tywin doesn't scare Olenna, and it's going to be awesome. Olenna has been described a few times by cast/writers as a female Tywin, so I can't express how excited I am to see them go toe to toe.

Anyone else worried they're going to kill the Blackfish, and possibly Edmure at the RW?

They need to get rid of characters. While these two are still alive in the books, this might be something David and Dan do to make some room for more crucial characters.

The Riverrun siege later on isn't THAT important is it?

(obviously I would love for them to remain in and the book events to stay in tact, but I'm trying to be realistic. Dorne, greyjoys, aegon, meereen...it will become too much)

Yeah, they destroyed his character... he was the high lord who cared the most about his people, probably even more then Doran Martell. He was a good man, even if he wasn't the best military leader. So what?? that doesn't make him a tool.

And I think you missed something. Thoros of Myr is supposedly extremely devout, after his miracle with Beric. I think it's kind of obvious, that Mel will come, and tell him it's for the greater good... and he will give her Gendry. We'll have to wait and see.

It's a pretty bold statement to say that they've destroyed his character when we haven't even seen 30 seconds of him on the show so far.

Archived