Theory on Grandmaester Pycelle

I always thought his "I'm just a sleepy, feeble, doddering old man"-act was suspect. I hope we learn about his agenda more explicitly but I have a feeling we're going to be left guessing...

This is what i find suspect, he died with so many secrets, usually GRRM's important characters (at least top 30) achieve something before dying or their death have an impact. But no one will care about his death and he did nothing signifiant. He will not even be a scapegoat for Kevan murder (yeah he killed him with a crossbow + multiples stabbing before crushing the back of his head...). Tomorrow's front page will be: "Lord Regent Kevan Murdered" who will mention Pycelle...?

sorry my english is bad.

Pycelle had always been a creature of Tywin Lannister since he became hand in Mad King Aerys reign, he was later replaced yes but there never was or possibly has been a better Hand of the King than Tywin Lannister, I am not saying he is a good man but sometimes bad men make good rulers, Pycelle IMO thought that Tywin would be the best man to rule the seven kindoms so he was loyal to him and he never considered that Tywin is a man to loose.

I agree: Pycelle seemed to be agitated at the Targs and found common cause and probably good coin from the Lannisters and thats all it took.

Archived