Ned Stark is alive? Spoilers for all 5 books.

AleksandrSnow

I don't know why people suppose Ser Robert Strong is one single person. After all, he's a Frankenstein isn't he?

So he's part Ned, part Gregor and obviously he has Myrcella's ear and definitely Jaime's hand. Probably Robert's liver and Tyrion's nose.

That would actually be awesome!! lol Maybe Rhaegar's purple eyes?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry for posting again on a dead thread but after reading everything you said I felt the need to say my opinion.

It can also be a general opinion for all the theories: when you say for example "Ned would never stay away from his family if he was alive" you have to consider some factors.

For example lets say that for starters we take only the stuff that make this theory legitimate then we think of factors.There are many reasons for him not to contact them.The biggest and most important and way too obvious for all is that them knowing he is alive would put his family at risk.What do I mean?come on guys you can think the theories but you can not do a basic 1+1 =2? they are royals which means they are always surrounded by guyrds bannermen and stuff.SO it would be hard to get close to them unnoticed.Anyone could recognise him and anyone could be a traitor Stark,Kastark or Tully.He couldnt even sneak a message because of the risk the mssage getting read by someone else.It is way too obvious that THIS is not a reason why this theory doesnt stand. There are plenty of reasons why he wouldnt contact them and keeping them safe is the most important.

The reason why the theory is hard to stand is that I dont find the reason why Stark is of great importance so that Varys would keep him alive.What could he offer the Targaryens.The only thing I can think of is that if the R+L=J is true maybe just maybe he conviced Varys that he could prove who Jon is.Now how and why the would end up talking about that is another thing.Yes there are possible ideas about how they would end up talking about it, but I have realised this after reading all the theories. Theories that stand on other theories are the ones who dont have a big chance of being true.(statistically).

But the Ned is alive theory is not dead to me. There could be plenty of reasons why he is of importance to Varys.So instead of saying no bro no he is dead just face it bro he is dead on the comments on all the threads I see it would be beter if you threw some ideas :3 Just saying you know.Its too tiring seeing the same comment everywhere."No bro your theory is a dead end. Plain with no explanation."

I'm pretty sure that Ned is Coldhands, and he's also Penny and Dog. And he may be Val's baby on glamour too. "Valhar Morgalis (except Ned!)," as they say.

The dirty secret is that there are really only about 12 people in all of Westeros, and half of them are Ned, and none of them will ever really die.

I would hate it if this kind of thing turned out to be true: nobody is who we think they are, people thought dead turn up alive, an endless stream of inconceivable plot twists and gotchas to the very end.

It would be an extremely lazy way to end the series if, whenever the need arose, you just 'undo' what you did before through magic or whatever.

I like to think that GR has it pretty much plotted out so that he doesn't wind up in any corners, which isn't to say I still don't expect surprises and alternate identities -- Roose Bolton being the half-Other son of the Night's King is one of my favorites.

Ned drops a couple levels in my book then. He left Robb fighting a war on his own, a war that he marched off to to free Eddard in the first place. He left Sansa as a hostage in Kings Landing and Arya scattered everywhere. He left his wife Catelyn alone and without a husband. It doesn't really make any sense.

Ned drops a couple levels in my book then. He left Robb fighting a war on his own, a war that he marched off to to free Eddard in the first place. He left Sansa as a hostage in Kings Landing and Arya scattered everywhere. He left his wife Catelyn alone and without a husband. It doesn't really make any sense.

Definitely this. Even if it is possible that he was alive, why would he use his resurrection to let his family and the north go to pot?

I would like to think that Eddard still alive but i don't think so.

• After the death the human body swells and rots, I think that's why Sansa could not recognize his father's head,
  • He spent a lot of time in the dungeons of the Red Keep I suppose in that time his hair and beard were very long and dirty.
  • when Catelyn talked about his bones I think she talked in a way to exalt Ned.
  • In Theon's dreams he appears as a beheaded man, as well in Jamie's dreams I think. This is an important fact.
  • Rickon and Bran had the same dream about Eddard a day before his death, and in the moment of his death Shaggydog and Summer howled in a mournful way

I would like to think that Eddard still alive but i don't think so.

• After the death the human body swells and rots, I think that's why Sansa could not recognize his father's head,
  • He spent a lot of time in the dungeons of the Red Keep I suppose in that time his hair and beard were very long and dirty.
  • when Catelyn talked about his bones I think she talked in a way to exalt Ned.
  • In Theon's dreams he appears as a beheaded man, as well in Jamie's dreams I think. This is an important fact.
  • Rickon and Bran had the same dream about Eddard a day before his death, and in the moment of his death Shaggydog and Summer howled in a mournful way

Yeah all that and that he was seen having his head chopped off in front of hundreds of witnesses. I swear people are going to get more and more batshit the longer it takes George to finish TWoW.

Yeah all that and that he was seen having his head chopped off in front of hundreds of witnesses. I swear people are going to get more and more batshit the longer it takes George to finish TWoW.

Yes, but I hope Matin release the book soon, we need it

Archived