[Book Spoilers] Melisandre and the Brotherhood

So Gendry on the show knows that the Gold Cloaks and Lannisters were specifically after him, and that two Hands of the King and Stannis were visiting him, also asking questions about his mother and "how ya doin'?" -

he's got to be wondering about WTF is up.

come to think of it, Thoros should have known Bobby Baratheon personally, he can see what Gendry looks like, Gendry would be unlikely to withhold from him (given time and trust) all the above info - they should figure this one out, shouldn't they?

Merging Genrdy with Edric Storm is one of the best Ideas !! In the books, the Gendry story line felt promising yet was uneventfull bordeline boring... But in the book, shes not making a shadow son, she need his blood to put in the fire no? And is she going to kill Balon Greyjoy ? Stannis made no mention of him to her on the beach !

I hope they don't replace the Ghost of High Heart with Melisandre - I mean, really!? - totally different set of gods. The ghost is a child of the forest representing the old gods to the fullest. Thoros can't even read the flames when he's on high heart. Melisandre is red god. They shouldn't mix that up.

On the other hand - having Gendry replace Edric Storm - brilliant idea. Less confusion - you only have 10 shows in the season. The ghost can be a one-off part that wouldn't add to any confusion - so they should keep her as she is - if they're even going to use that scene (w/ the prophecies).

Edric Storm was a pretty useless character anyways. Made more sense in the books since Martin had the luxury of having thousands of characters, but pointless for a television show where you're expected to juggle an ensemble cast.

I wonder if Mel and Thoros will meet face to face and have a scene? Would be interesting. I personally don't read any tv episode spoilers, so I'll wait for any surprises. Gotta have something left as a mystery for a book reader.

The way I remember it the ghost of high heart is really minor... mainly she just tells Thoros where to find Beric.

More likely the other prophecies will be cut from the show entirely, prophecy stuff does not work well on screen so I'm pretty sure they're keeping it to the bare minimum for the show, just MMD's prophecy to Dany so far iirc.

[Edit - font came out really small]: I also like the idea of combining Gendry & Edric's characters, but can't wrap my head around the logistics of Mel getting from Dragonstone to the Riverlands and back to Dragonstone, unscathed, in a relatively short amount of time. If Mel actually meets Arya there, then I also wonder how she could mistake the "girl on the grey horse" vision in the future. Apparently GRRM is writing the episode where Gendry & Mel have their get together, so that adds some credibility. But it reminds of Baelish's travels last season - going from Highgarden to Harrenhal on some high speed train.

[Edit - font came out really small]: I also like the idea of combining Gendry & Edric's characters, but can't wrap my head around the logistics of Mel getting from Dragonstone to the Riverlands and back to Dragonstone, unscathed, in a relatively short amount of time. If Mel actually meets Arya there, then I also wonder how she could mistake the "girl on the grey horse" vision in the future. Apparently GRRM is writing the episode where Gendry & Mel have their get together, so that adds some credibility. But it reminds of Baelish's travels last season - going from Highgarden to Harrenhal on some high speed train.

Arya will probably be gone by the time Mel gets there. Maybe she'll move a bit quicker because she's all alone and the Lord of Light is providing her with a turbo boost.

Is it me or does it look like Melisandre is standing next to Gendry while their both topless?

I've seen people say this a couple of times but haven't seen the correct preview. Anyone have a link?

I'm glad they combine Edric/Gendry too. Because if you hadn't read the books it would be just one more storyline to remember.

Also, because I haven't seen the previews with Mel and Gendry I can't say fo sure, but after hearing Mel talk to Stannis It seems like she is going off to create another shadow baby with Gendry. But with no mention of a Balon Greyjoy, who is this shadow baby supposed to kill? I mean, the Red Wedding doesn't involve any shadow people.

I've seen people say this a couple of times but haven't seen the correct preview. Anyone have a link?

I'm glad they combine Edric/Gendry too. Because if you hadn't read the books it would be just one more storyline to remember.

Also, because I haven't seen the previews with Mel and Gendry I can't say fo sure, but after hearing Mel talk to Stannis It seems like she is going off to create another shadow baby with Gendry. But with no mention of a Balon Greyjoy, who is this shadow baby supposed to kill? I mean, the Red Wedding doesn't involve any shadow people.

Welcome to the forums!

If I remember right Mel brought up king's blood to work her magic, Stannis said he is the only true king, and Mel replied by saying that other people have his blood. When asked to make another shadow baby she shot it down, so I take the scene as a good set up to leech (or just cut a wound to get blood for show purposes) one of Stannis' relatives (Gendry).

Archived