[Book Spoilers] Official Theon Thread

BananaSpice

Well, I can. I love watching extreme torture scenes. I'm a bit of a sadist, really :devil:

I have such confusing and conflicting feelings about all this season three stuff w/ Theon ... I mean, it breaks my heart b/c I love Theon to death, but I'm also a bit of a masochist, and Iwan Rheon is reasonably attractive, so it's kind of the "scared and horny" thing - http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/jenthehen/167098/143071/143071_original.gif :dunno:

"What do you want?"

"I want to do this"

As soon as that guy grabbed his finger, i was half-shielding my eyes.

Oh yeah, that was too much for even me ... the foot thing wasn't so bad for some reason, though. But UGH under the fingernails nyuuuuuu!!!!

"What do you want?"

"I want to do this"

As soon as that guy grabbed his finger, i was half-shielding my eyes.

And they're just starting. How much more if they'll show the flaying? I don't even want to imagine how painful it is in real life. Ugh!

I have such confusing and conflicting feelings about all this season three stuff w/ Theon ... I mean, it breaks my heart b/c I love Theon to death, but I'm also a bit of a masochist, and Iwan Rheon is reasonably attractive, so it's kind of the "scared and horny" thing - http://ic.pics.livej...71_original.gif :dunno:

Iwan is a regulation hottie, and Alfie ain't too bad himself. As fucked up as this sounds lol I'm really looking forward to their "relationship".

I have conflicted feelings about Theon's story, he's one of my favorite characters, and I really feel sorry for him, his chapters in ADWD really break my heart, but thats only AFTER all he has going through (show Theon still have to suffer in order to get my sympathy as book Theon did). I have no problem with torture/gore, and his transformation to reek in one of the things I'm looking forward this season

Iwan is a regulation hottie, and Alfie ain't too bad himself. As fucked up as this sounds lol I'm really looking forward to their "relationship".

I'm already dreading the Theon/Ramsay shipping in tumblr :ack: :leaving:

I know I'm going to continue to love his story this season, but I hope they don't rush it too much. They have at LEAST three seasons for all his DWD material, no need to cram it all in Season 3.

Partially agree. They can show his progression into Reek over two seasons. Three may be too much, as I think a lot of book 4 and 5 will be left on the editing floor. No one wants to just watch torture scenes, unless you're a sick little puppy.

I have such confusing and conflicting feelings about all this season three stuff w/ Theon ... I mean, it breaks my heart b/c I love Theon to death, but I'm also a bit of a masochist, and Iwan Rheon is reasonably attractive, so it's kind of the "scared and horny" thing - http://ic.pics.livej...71_original.gif :dunno:

>_> Awwww man I hear you. This smexy!actor!Ramsay is doing horrible things to my karma...

I know I'm going to continue to love his story this season, but I hope they don't rush it too much. They have at LEAST three seasons for all his DWD material, no need to cram it all in Season 3.

Well, to be fair, a lot of what we see of Reek in DWD is kind of flashbackish or memoryish or even impliedish... none of which would translate well into the screen I think. The impact Reek manages to achieve in the books is due to how much of the horribleness is past. It's done with. Theon has been destroyed. You read his thoughts and ask yourself, how can this be the cocky little shit I used to know?

But in TV... I don't know. I just can't see a guy standing there and remembering to be very powerful. I'm sure a great director can pull it off... but why make things harder? If they include the Reek transformation there's still plenty of "action" and "plot" left for later seasons.

Is anyone else really curious if they'll work Lady Hornwood or the Kyra escape story in these next couple of seasons? Although it looks like we're getting something pretty similar to Kyra happening in these first couple of episodes, just with Ramsay taking a more hands-on approach. I'm wondering how Jeyne Poole will work in the story too, if it'll be an existing character or someone already established, but that's pretty far in the future to idly speculate on.

Partially agree. They can show his progression into Reek over two seasons. Three may be too much, as I think a lot of book 4 and 5 will be left on the editing floor. No one wants to just watch torture scenes, unless you're a sick little puppy.

Well, people seem to adore Ramsay simply because Iwan Rheon is cute and people who legit ship Theon/Ramsay exist so uh I'm sure that's what a lot of (goofy people on the internet) people want unfortunately, good thing they're mostly a weird minority

I understand why they can't do it but part of what made the Theon as Reek reveal so powerful was that we hadn't seen anything from his perspective in two long books, and many a year if you got into the series before ADWD. Then Reek's first chapter pops up and he's eating rats and making up weird little rhymes and it's like "Holy shit, is that- is that Theon??" It'll be interesting to get a glimpse of what poor Theon goes through, anyway.

Archived