[Book Spoilers] Official Theon Thread

BananaSpice

And I agree with huntington here, 100%. It's not an anti-shipping brigade, and it's not self-righteous. Sadism and masochism in the confines of a healthy/consenting relationship aren't a problem and it's nothing I judge. That's not what the Theon/Ramsay relationship is.

While reading some of these posts, like yourself I get an overwhelming sense that there are people who feel as if Ramsay and Theon have some sort of mutual relationship. They don't. Theon is Ramsay's dog, the only thing Theon wants is for the nightmare to end, even if it means being put out of his misery, while Ramsay seeks to dehumanize Theon as much as possible and erase that arrogant boy forever while indulging in his savage delights.

I'm into my share of kink, even BDSM. Though I do find it interesting that people can interpret an unhealthy relationship so incorrectly and attribute positive qualities to it.

I love when Harry Potter fangirls get into ASoIaF.

Err ... what?

In let's be adults here topics, I'm wondering whether Ramsay will reveal himself (if not as "Ramsay" as one of the torturers) tonight or in the next episode. Then I wonder if Alfie/Iwan will not be in the show for a few episodes (like until during or after the RW).

Its already the world's worst kept secret that the torturer is Ramsay. Even the Unsullied (non-book readers) over at TWoP have already figured it out.

That's probably fairly unique to show-watchers who obsess / think a lot about the story / discuss it online. I'm pretty sure my husband hasn't given it a thought, lol.

Err ... what?

In let's be adults here topics, I'm wondering whether Ramsay will reveal himself (if not as "Ramsay" as one of the torturers) tonight or in the next episode. Then I wonder if Alfie/Iwan will not be in the show for a few episodes (like until during or after the RW).

Get dem tumblr filters ready. Lots of slow motion shots of Ramsay giving Theon long, loving looks and vice versa. Perhaps with the caption "He flays me because he cares" in Olde English font.

Yeah, the unsullied are the outliers more than anything because they're either bookwalkers or they fanatically analyze every frame. Most of the guys and gals I watch with are either assured that Theon is with the ironborn, think the bastard is the torturor and he's working alone/against his father for some reason, or think Locke is the bastard(?? haha that one's my favorite)

Get dem tumblr filters ready. Lots of slow motion shots of Ramsay giving Theon long, loving looks and vice versa. Perhaps with the caption "He flays me because he cares" in Olde English font.

Hahahaha.

I'm sorry Jenthehen, I misunderstood. All better now.

I think ramsay may reveal himself the end of this episode and then Theon will be MIA for a while, to leave a cliffhanger wondering if he died? I'm not sure.

Knowing how this arc goes and actually seeing it on screen are two different things. I find it very hard to watch. It will be interesting to see how such a nice-seeming Ramsay will be able to completely destroy Theon - I picture Ramsay as a foaming at the mouth psychopath (which I guess we may see later...). Loved the dying soldier calling Ramsay "you bastard."

Knowing how this arc goes and actually seeing it on screen are two different things. I find it very hard to watch. It will be interesting to see how such a nice-seeming Ramsay will be able to completely destroy Theon - I picture Ramsay as a foaming at the mouth psychopath (which I guess we may see later...). Loved the dying soldier calling Ramsay "you bastard."

I totally agree. It's extremely uncomfortable to watch ... like ... watching someone slowly start to fall / hurt themselves and not be able to do anything to stop it.

From what I've seen/heard, Iwan Rheon can do crazy ... but so far he just looks super cute and dashing in his cool cape and mad archery skills. lol ... it's going to be a shock for non-readers.

Rod Serling would probably describe it as "You're looking at act one of a nightmare." That's a good way to describe Theon's storyline. But I think they're doing a really good job with it.

Really?

Soldier-(Looks at boy with bow) "You little Bastard..."

"Boy"- (shoots him)

I thought that indicator was clear as a bell, I don't think the pursuer who was shot point blank was Reek though, I think Reek is already either already dead and will be talked about on-screen, or killed/tortured in front of Theon over the duration of a few episodes...which leads to Theon adopting the personality/role becoming schizo as is implied in the books. Clearly though Ramsay is fostering a false sense of trust with Theon which will very soon be completely shattered, like what happened in ACoK.

Archived