If Stannis took KL?

The Crow

Then the Lannisters and their supporters are all goners, and the Tyrells may be in big trouble, too. Robb will be glad that his war against the lions are over, but his kingship and the Northern independence wil be in conflict with the new king of the IT. On the other hand, King Stannis will surely

never ignore the NW's call for aid. He better send those rebels to the Wall, and Westeros will be again safe...until another contender to the throne comes messing around.

Joffery, Tommen and Myrcella are executed for being abominations of incest, and Cersei is killed off for committing incest and high treason. Tyrion is probably sent to the wall, because he never actually did anything against Stannis himself, (save for Wildfire, but Stannis wouldn't know that) but was still his enemy. The Tyrells would probably try to curry favor with Stannis, to no avail. Stannis would have to either deal with the Westerlanders, particularly Tywin, who is still in the field, or if they submitted, march North to deal with the Northern Rebellion.

He'd probably end up forcing the current Tyrell and Martell lords to step down and allow their heirs to take their possessions, and send the current lords to the Wall. Tywin would be tricky though, his only "heir" by his own birth would be Jaime, who's still a Kingsguard (but if Stannis got his hands on him, he'd be put to death for incest and high treason as well) and Casterly Rock would pass to Lancel.

If he wins in the North, he'd force Robb to give up the crown and forfeit the North, give the title to Bran. Sansa would be returned to the North as part of the peace settlement, as well as Ice. Robb would be sent to the Wall, or executed for treason.

Then he'd turn his attention to the Iron Isles, using the Dragonstone's Fleet and Sallador Saan (sp?), he'd fight and probably beat the Iron Fleet, before storming Pyke while Bran and the Northmen drive out the Ironborn from the North. Edmure would probably have to forfeit the Riverlands, and either go to the Wall or be executed. Brynden was technically his heir however, which would put the House Tully into a bad situation.

• 4 weeks later...

I read an almost similar question like this in The Citadel: SSM (bottom page). Not much mind-blowing revelation from Martin, but juz want to share it with yah all. :)

Well, the above mentioned poster also claimed that once Stannis had KL, Westeros would have shortly been at peace, because everyone except for Tywin would have flocked to Stannis as their rightful king, but I guess that we'll learn the truth of it in ASOS...

I don't know if the series will ever reveal the "truth" of things that never happened, only of those that did.

But keep reading, and some of these things may be resolved eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Joffery, Tommen and Myrcella are executed for being abominations of incest, and Cersei is killed off for committing incest and high treason. Tyrion is probably sent to the wall, because he never actually did anything against Stannis himself, (save for Wildfire, but Stannis wouldn't know that) but was still his enemy. The Tyrells would probably try to curry favor with Stannis, to no avail. Stannis would have to either deal with the Westerlanders, particularly Tywin, who is still in the field, or if they submitted, march North to deal with the Northern Rebellion.

He'd probably end up forcing the current Tyrell and Martell lords to step down and allow their heirs to take their possessions, and send the current lords to the Wall. Tywin would be tricky though, his only "heir" by his own birth would be Jaime, who's still a Kingsguard (but if Stannis got his hands on him, he'd be put to death for incest and high treason as well) and Casterly Rock would pass to Lancel.

If he wins in the North, he'd force Robb to give up the crown and forfeit the North, give the title to Bran. Sansa would be returned to the North as part of the peace settlement, as well as Ice. Robb would be sent to the Wall, or executed for treason.

Then he'd turn his attention to the Iron Isles, using the Dragonstone's Fleet and Sallador Saan (sp?), he'd fight and probably beat the Iron Fleet, before storming Pyke while Bran and the Northmen drive out the Ironborn from the North. Edmure would probably have to forfeit the Riverlands, and either go to the Wall or be executed. Brynden was technically his heir however, which would put the House Tully into a bad situation.

I think your assuming that Tywin would have just given up if KL was taken. I don't think he would, he strikes me as a very driven man. Anyway, once KL had fallen Joffery would probably be executed. But Tommen and Myrcella would probably be used to deal with the Lannisters, along with Cersei. once Tywin went over to Stannis' side, they would march south to deal with Renly. At this point though Renly's full power is greater than theirs. So they would take over Storm's End, use it to take Highgarden. Renly will be trapped. He would have taken Casterly Rock, but then killed there when Stannis and Tywin's army took it back. They would then march to Riverun, take it, send Robb to the Wall, give Bran the title Lord of Winterfell. Bran would help them push the Ironmen out of the north, before laying siege to Pyke. Balon would probably be executed if he survived the battle.

I think your assuming that Tywin would have just given up if KL was taken. I don't think he would, he strikes me as a very driven man. Anyway, once KL had fallen Joffery would probably be executed. But Tommen and Myrcella would probably be used to deal with the Lannisters, along with Cersei. once Tywin went over to Stannis' side, they would march south to deal with Renly. At this point though Renly's full power is greater than theirs. So they would take over Storm's End, use it to take Highgarden. Renly will be trapped. He would have taken Casterly Rock, but then killed there when Stannis and Tywin's army took it back. They would then march to Riverun, take it, send Robb to the Wall, give Bran the title Lord of Winterfell. Bran would help them push the Ironmen out of the north, before laying siege to Pyke. Balon would probably be executed if he survived the battle.

Ehm Renly was allready death.

What would happen?

There will be countless heads mounted on spikes for all to see, or R'hllor will be happy for the burned sacrifices.

Who would die?

Lots of Lannisters and their followers, including people who will refuse to bend their knees.

How would it have changed the story?

It is going to be a different story and it will change the game big time.

Your thoughts?

After reading all five books, got no complain. But if Stannis won the throne early in the story, he'll be gone early too. I don't think GRRM will let him keep it for good. If the story needs to be told in 7 books, things will get worse before it will get better.

• 3 weeks later...

Tommen and Myrcella would likely have been kept safe or hidden (except in the TV adaptation, where Tommen probably would have died, whether via a Cersei mercy-kill or otherwise), but Joffrey would have been killed, to much rejoicing. As to the smallfolk, I'm doubtful there'd have been another sack of King's Landing - yes, there would have been some chaos, but Stannis wouldn't have permitted too much chaos, and would have likely dealt with the public swiftly.

As for Sansa...hmm. Stannis wouldn't have killed her, but the Lannisters might have.

No, he wasnt, since this would have taken place before Stannis came to Storm's End and killed Renly.

Sorry, I tought he meant wat if Stannis won Blackwater.

Maegor the Tuddly, Casterly Rock would go to Kevan, not to Lancel.

I thought it was interesting that it took Tywin and the Tyrells long enough to come to the aid of Kings Landing. I also find it curious that Tywin seems little likely to have an alliance with anyone because he is basing his assumptions on the power of his house, his military etc, but he not only if afraid of Robb in my opinion because he cannot read Robb. He also created a weakness for himself, house etc by alligning with the Tyrells because lets face it without the Tyrells and their power King's Landing would have been lost to Stannis which might have caused other problems since Stannis has aligned himself with Melsalandre. If the lannisters cannot keep the Tyrells then they are sunk. We all know that Storm's end is fortified with some magic that is why Mel could not cast her spell unless within the walls because the castle is protected.The Lannisters may think they are all powerful, but they are not and actually they have many weaknesses that is visible to anyone yet no one has yet to take full advantage of anything.

Has anyone else notice that some of Old nan's stories have some truth and relevance to them?

Archived