How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Still great TV, some of the portions cut out are for time and make complete sense. Some just don't follow with the characters...how Brienne is talking to Jaime, Stannis and Melisandre.

And I still believe that with the cast of characters that were available and the depth they had, any time I see Roz on screen it is a waste.

Have more to say, but will have to later.

9, you can really tell that this is the episode where the season's momentum got started.

I liked the first two episodes, but really, they were mostly comprised of setting up new characters, reminding us where everybody stands, and just some general dicking around.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Edited by Warhawk137

They dumbed down Theon's Arc quite a bit it seems :\ ..

I actually liked this episode much more than the last two... However I wish they used the valuable 5 minutes of air time they wasted after the podrick fiasco in something more important...

Kinda hard to say they dumbed down an arc that isn't in the books. I think Theon's arc is quite plausible.

I'll give it a solid 8:

1. Love watching the Theon story unfold before our eyes. Poor Theon.

2. I think they made Edmure too much of an idiot. I'm loving the Blackfish

3. Martyn and Willem the grandsons of Tywin's father's brother? I guess Kevan's story is done.

4. Loving Dany more and more. Can't wait to see her take the city.

5. Poor Jaime. That was well done.

6. The scene with the small council was strange.

7. Pod is the man. He must give details. Best sequence of the episode.

Holy hell this episode was perfect. 10.

From the somber tones of Riverun, to the lighthearted banter of Pod and Tyrion. Seeing the Bastard's hunt (No, not Bastard. Never Bastard.) Dany's talk and walk. And A Bear, a bear! But my god, that ending. My god. If you rated this episode anything lower than a 7 delete your account, turn off your computer, and never watch the show again. Because nothing they do will ever please you.

Good god that ending!

Edited by Died a Hero

Best of the three so far - nicely paced, didn't rush things and got the tone of certain scenes spot on e.g. Cat + Blackfish made me well up a bit. Nailed that scene from the book.

Last scene with Jaime was great. Theon's chase brought a nice bit of excitement.

Only thing I didn't like, somewhat predictably, was the whore scene with Podrick... the last bit is clearly relevant though but I can't remember why... what storyline is that going into?

Anyway, 8/10, hmm, fuck it, I'll say 9. I liked it a lot!

Maybe its because I was drinking a bit (read: a lot) that made me like this one so much more than the first two episodes, but I don't think so. This was well-paced, well-written, not too jumpy but still covered most (or possibly all) of the ongoing plots, and really funny. I was almost dying at the start of the small council meeting. 10/10

Also the song at the end, that was amazing. Just the juxatipostion between Jamie's scream and how upbeat and happy-sounding it was. I was literally, literally rolling on the floor laughing.

I'd honestly say...a 10 outta 10!

for real. loved how they condensed the riverrun scenes - very effective.

Shows how Robb's a brilliant strategist/tactician and was betrayed - in the book he was betrayed by Roose Bolton - who was the guy that did the blunder move on the show - didn't catch the name - but Robb dealt with him WELL. and I loved the funeral scene - touching, funny - the blackfish was well cast - and the beautiful blanket that covered Hoster Tully! The colors, the texture - wow!

Gave it a 9. Pretty slow during the episode but was so happy to finally see the Tullys and Riverrun. A bunch of moments had me laughing, the pod brothel scene was great. and of course HAND CHOPPED. That scene was perfect, different from the book but still a holy shit moment. Great episode.

They dumbed down Theon's Arc quite a bit it seems :\ ..

I actually liked this episode much more than the last two... However I wish they used the valuable 5 minutes of air time they wasted after the podrick fiasco in something more important...

They dumbed Theon's arc down last season. This season his arc is entirely new as he wasn't even around in the books. So I'm not sure how you can say it was dumbed down, unless you are including the previous season.

I'm not a fan of the Theon scenes this season, but that's largely because they are predictable and as book readers we all know what's going to happen in the end anyway. So it's wasting valuable screentime that could be used for actual scenes from the book.