How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Oh my god. I can't stop laughing at the hand and sudden jump cut to credits with that music playing. So casually brutal and gruesome, it's perfect. Jaime, you poor bastard. No good deed and all that.

Edited by huntington

Oh my god. I can't stop laughing at the hand and sudden jump cut to credits with that music playing. So casually brutal and gruesome, it's perfect. Jaime, you poor bastard. No good deed and all that.

YES. It's the dissonance that makes it work. it's used all the time in independent cinema

Something like that didn't have a precedent in the show so it was too random for me. The whole episode was amazing but I didn't like those last few seconds. Thought something went wrong with the t.v. and was trying to hear what they were saying.

I like what they are doing with the bastard.

The chair scene and Pod was pretty funny.

I love how much the show makes me not like Stannis whereas in the book I loved him. Wonder if maybe Davos point-of-view influenced me since Davos loves him or if the show writers just don't like him.

Edited by Targaryen Tempest

Totally agree. The casualness of the brutality is what makes is work so well.

I particularly enjoyed the humor shown in this episode, it is an often overlooked quality found in the ASOFAI series.

I mean really who doesn't like a dead bard now and then?

I now also bear the guilt and shame, that the plot deviations worked in this episode.

Long live the Hold Steady!

Edited by Ser Redjed

Bit of an overreaction to a credits song that, at best, is deliberate soundtrack dissonance done for dramatic effect, and at worst, is just an anachronistic reference gag.

Completely agree.

I've seen that user complaining about the song in a few posts now. Get over it, Cas. You didn't like it. We get it. You not liking something =/= any sort of red flag.

I respect everyone's right to complain about something once, or even follow up to a reply. But five posts on you're just nagging.

---

Btw, loved the episode. Gave it a 10.

Edited by J. Stargaryen

I can't get over how bad that ending credit song was. That was easily the most confusing and dumbest fucking decision ever. It completely ruined the last scene for me. That kind of dumb shit takes away from the realism and grittiness of a great TV show and makes it seem like a joke lol.

Another 7 from me with maybe a +. Too much like the last 2 episodes in timing and editing.

Don't like how they are deviating from the books but I understand. Still a lot to like.

The Bear sounded to me like they would sing it at a pub after a few rounds so it worked for for me but I have to go back and listen again.

Don't know how well non readers can follow this season.