How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I would give 9.5 if I could because the only scene that I didn't like was the one with Stannis, but love the rest.

I love Blackfish, perfect! Loved also the touching scene with Cat. As for Edmure, well I didn't like him in the books as well, so I think that he is fine for me as well in the show. I was amazed by the details on the scenery in Riverrun, they really did an amazing job.

Also loved the Hot Pie goodbye scene, it was beautifully done and even got me missing Hot Pie too.

The scene with the small council made me laugh a lot, I only thought that Tywin was in a very good mood to endure it!

Dany's scenes also awesome, can't wait for next week's episode!

Didn't care much for Pod's scenes at first, but Tyrion mentioning the Meerenese knot changed my opinion :)

Finally, Jamie and Brienne. Well they are simply amazing in the series, best casting in the show IMO. I only could see the details of the last scene as I wanted because I had to go to my computer as fast as possible after the show to be able to get my tickets for The Exhibition. Very Happy that I got them :) However I will be able to watch the episode again in 45 minutes, so I will see what all the comments are all about regarding Nikolaj Coster-Waldau awesome acting in the moment they cut his hand.

Holy hell this episode was perfect. 10.

From the somber tones of Riverun, to the lighthearted banter of Pod and Tyrion. Seeing the Bastard's hunt (No, not Bastard. Never Bastard.) Dany's talk and walk. And A Bear, a bear! But my god, that ending. My god. If you rated this episode anything lower than a 7 delete your account, turn off your computer, and never watch the show again. Because nothing they do will ever please you.

Good god that ending!

:cheers: I gave it a 10.

I gave it a 7 this week....over all a great episode but I took a point away for the upbeat flavor of the song during the credits. Not to knock the song at all but I think it made too light of Jaime having his hand hacked off.

The Pod and the Brothel scenes were silly but it did give me a chuckle when Tyrion and Bronn pulled up their chairs for details.

Absolutely loved it. This season keeps getting better 10/10.

Noah Taylor is absolutely killing it.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau is right up there with Charles Dance and Alfie Allen in terms of acting ability.

The Hot Pie scene was so sad. Reminded the viewers of just how young Arya really is.

Dany, Robb, the Tullys and the King's Landing stuff was all brilliant as well. I thought the Pod thing was a little bit odd, but he'll be an important character later on so fair play to them. And as a few posters have said, the way this seasons about to go, a little bit of comic relief now won't go amiss.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what goes down at Craster's next week. The tension in that scene was incredible.

Still not really sure what the deal is with Mance. Is that him done for the season now?

My favorite part of the whole episode though -

"You little bastard."

I wasn't a fan of the song at all, at least not the placement of it. Really killed the tension after what is now one of my favorite scenes of the whole series.

Why isn't anyone angry at Robb, ever in any of these episodes. It's like all of his bannermen have forgotten he broke his word and married some wandering healer rather than his promised Frey girl. No one's worried about losing Frey troops, least of all Robb, which just confuses me. Doesn't book Robb try to make nice with Walder Frey right away?

Anyways, if I was Edmure, that's what I would have shouted at King Robb when he was busy dressing me down for not following orders.

I liked the Theon and Dany scenes, but maybe D&D should let George write all the Robb/Stannis/Tyrion scenes.

Since we're adding modern music to the show, let's throw in some Kesha during the sex scenes "everybody gettin crunk crunk, boys wanna touch my junk junk!!!", I think that would really add to the mood and people wouldn't expect it. Also we can throw in some Ice Cube when Robb is beasting on people and putting people in their place "Aint nuttin to it, gangsta rap made me do it". Robbs a G, man.

And during future war scenes, we can get some "let the bodies hit the floor". It would REALLY add to the Westerosi vibe and "artistic dissonance" to the show. Anyone agree?

Edited by Warrick

Since we're adding modern music to the show, let's throw in some Kesha during the sex scenes "everybody gettin crunk crunk, boys wanna touch my junk junk!!!", I think that would really add to the mood and people wouldn't expect it. Also we can throw in some LL Cool J when Robb is beasting on people and putting people in their place "Aint nuttin to it, gangsta rap made me do it". Robbs a G, man.

And during future war scenes, we can get some "let the bodies hit the floor". It would REALLY add to the Westerosi vibe and grittiness of the show. Anyone agree?

I think adding songs to the end credits is drastically different from adding songs to the actual show.

Why do you feel that way? I've had some episodes that felt meh to me, but I don't think I've ever given an episode lower than a 6! What didn't work for you this episode? Just curious, I love reading other people's opinions :)

I also gave the episode a low rating. I kept looking at the clock wanting it to be over, which never happens when watching GoT. I think my opinion of it will change in hindsight, but with only the material so far, it didn't excite me at all. This episode will probably be infinitely better when it's viewed as part of a whole, but as a standalone, didn't work for me.

I just LOVE Blackfish. I'm searching for the name of the actor who plays him. He's not familiar to me. I think he absolutely nails it. Couldn't be happier with the casting of one of my favorite characters.

He looks the part, but I thought the actor played it a little too campy at times. Minor gripe, he wasn't bad or anything.

I recognised him from an episode of Spaced, he played the guy with the eye patch.

Haha, I think most of the people whining about the song torrented the episode - in the legit version the music doesn't play in the show, you goofs, just the credits. ;P

I watched it on HBO and I still have a huge problem with the song. The juxtaposition with Jaime's scene kinda ruined it. Edited by Lord Godric