How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I think I'll give it a 9. Faster pace and big moments making it better than my rating for ep1, which I gave an 8.

However, l can't give it a 10 like I did ep2, for the same reasons as ep1; character assassination. This time Stannis instead of LF.

That went well beyond any sound track dissonance. A punk rock song at the end of a program set in a middle ages society is just about being too cute for their own good. Are they going to start playing Beyonce tunes during the show too?

It reminded me of Ladyhawke (1985), a similar fantasy setting , with a clever story , a good movie. one of the few of it's type.

But with that jarring god-awful rock score needs to be redone ruins the atmosphere.

Edited by boojam

7 for me. I was expecting Slayer, didn't happen. Didn't particularly like clingy Stannis, that just felt wrong and weak. Jaime's hand: where were the arterial spurts? That was so fake is was cheesy, moar blood in those situations please. Dumb whore scene with Pod, merely an interlude, and a waste of time, purely to get some female nudity on screen as we've been a bit light on nakedness this season. Breasts and vaginas on screen for no other reason than to have breasts and vaginas on screen is pathetic. Pod ogling Ros' cleavage was perfect.

Riverrun was near perfect. Other than the lack of blood, Brienne and Jaime were great. Arya scenes were brilliant. Loved the bits with the hound, loved the parting with Hot Pie. Pretty good at Craster's keep. I hope Sam gets his moment next episode. Astapor was great, can't really fault anything there.

Was almost an 8 but just a few too many negatives.

Gave it a, "4" disappointed. Weakest of the season so far IMO and the worst episode in a while . . one of the worst ones ever. JMO

Finally someone who agrees with me. The whole episode seemed pointless to me.

1- The weird council meeting: although Tyrion's scene with the chair was funny, the staring and the silence was ridiculous.

2- The Pod scene (even a little funny, the 3rd book has a zillion characters and things to explore, so why waste our time with things like that?)

3- Where the hell is Melisandre going? And she pointing out the lack of fire in Stannis.. creep.

4- The 3min scenes like: Arya saying goodbye to Hot Pie, the Jon Snow scene with Mance, etc., aren't giving us much information and just wasting precious time (I think).

5- The song in the credits didn't make sense.

Good, solid episode. Gave it an 8.

Loved the scenes in Riverrun, the moment Arya, Gendry and Hotpie had was touching, and the ending was pretty well done in terms of shock value.

Didn't like the scenes involving Pod's reward, and the fact that Stannis is becoming moody, creepy and jealous, and the silent scene with the small council was just silly.

9. I thought it was an above average episode (average being 8 for Game of Thrones). It could have done with a bit less moving around, only one scene with characters like Jon, Sam, Arya, Cersei and Dany. That's my biggest complaint.

Things I liked:

- Best writing and acting for Richard Madden in a long, long time.

- A Game of Chairs.

- Kraznys

- "You little Bastard."

- Winterhell

I gave it an 8, but it was nearly a 9. The problem I have with voting episodes as I watch them, is that I always change my mind after watching the whole series and compare each episode overall, so end up being much tighter in my initial voting. But anyway.

I thought it was great, pretty much all of it. The parts that stand out the most were Jaime/Brienne, which I'll get to later, Dany (I'm dying for her story in the next episode!), Theon, and the little snippet of Arya- who needs more screen time asap, it's not enough so far. The things I disliked was the Talisa scene, because as much as I try I just don't care and I find her screen time wasted time, and Jon's sloooow moving storyline. I'm unsure about Pod The Stud; while I understand they need to establish his attachment to Tyrion because at some point it will matter, it went on for too long. And I'm not squeamish about nudity, I just wish it didn't take that much time as it doesn't advance the plot.

I loved the ending. While reading SoS those Jaime's chapters were always filled with so much dread but were slightly surreal at the same time, and I felt the scenes on the show completely captured that feeling. One minute Jaime thinks he's manipulating everyone, the next he's handless. Forever. The song was very fitting, too. Like I said, it added to the chaotic/surreal/bleak feel to it. And Jaime/Brienne have by far one of the best dynamics of all.

ETA: I still don't understand the point of separating Jon and Ghost.

Edited by Door

I gave it a 9, I thought it was excellent and certainly the best of the season so far. I loved the Dany scenes and the "we are not men" response to Valar Morghulis. I also liked the way she put Mormont and Selmy in their places about disagreeing with her in front of others. Can't wait to see Dacharys!

I do not know where the Theon story is going, but it certainly is different from the books. I guess they want to keep him front and center for the viewers. And Millesandre's story - it looks like she will end up with the Brotherhood and that Gendry will take Edric Storm's place. I wonder how that will play out with Arya since her brother is a king she has king's blood too. But if the Hound takes her first then she will be gone.....

I am usually not a fan of scenes added that are not in the book, but I loved the Pod sequences, I could even stand Roz for a few seconds because it was about Pod. I really like his character.

All in all, a great episode. I will watch it a few more times this week I am sure!

I gave it a 6. Not too sure why since I liked a lot of it. But it is just so chopped up now. No need for the Stannis scene. Would rather have had more Jon or Arya. I felt it was the weakest out of all three so far. I did like the Podrick scene with the whore who is great at untying Mereneese knots!! That cracked me up. Loved the uncomfortable flaming arrow scene in the beginning. Do not know why they didn't just make everyone assume Theon killed Bran and Rickon. Dany's scene was awesome with the slaver constantly calling her names. Love that. Jaime helping Brienne was great too. Love Brienne and the woman playing her is superb. The hand scene at the end was good too. Is the guy who did the deed Vargo Hoat? Or is he just not in it? Liked the setup for the Karstark incident with the Lannister prisoners. Loved the chair moving scene. Very funny that Tyrion makes himself the head of the table. Still, I guess I should give it an 8 but I gave it a 6. Felt really rushed to me. Wanted more Arya/Hound scenes. Really need more Arya time. Next week should be nonstop action.

The song at the end confused me until I realized it was the Bear and the Maiden Fair that the Brotherhood was singing but all punked out. Then it became awesome and I need to download it ASAP.

Edited by A Redeemed Hound

ETA: I still don't understand the point of separating Jon and Ghost.

Ghost was always a wanderer and I am wondering if he will show Sam the dragon glass? Or find it for him? I do not remember if they found it or not last season. If they did, where is it since it is going to be pretty important soon. Or is Ghost going to help Sam and Gilly make it to the wall and then run away to help Jon Snow escape? Not sure but I am okay with that change as long as it comes together in the end.

Redeemed Hound - Locke (TV only character) is the man who cut Jaime's hand off. Vargo Hoat and the Bloody Mummers were axed from the show.

I gave the episode a 9. Pod's scene was played out too long and the episode as a whole felt a little too fast-paced. Everything else was brilliant though, and this is probably one of my top 3 favorite episodes in the series so far. Dany's maturation into a leader (complete with her flaws) is being handled almost perfectly, in my opinion.

Edited by KineticMD

Ghost was always a wanderer and I am wondering if he will show Sam the dragon glass? Or find it for him? I do not remember if they found it or not last season. If they did, where is it since it is going to be pretty important soon. Or is Ghost going to help Sam and Gilly make it to the wall and then run away to help Jon Snow escape? Not sure but I am okay with that change as long as it comes together in the end.

They found the obsidian last season. I'm not sure what Jon, Sam, Edd, and Grenn did with it though.

Funny how i loved King's Landing scenes and got bored by Dany's in the book and now season 3 is so bad i actually have a reversed reaction. Kraznys cutting off unsullied nipples is a welcome relief after the bullshit in westeros. Gave it a 4, only scenes i enjoyed were Dany and BWB. Also i generally like the new cast, but the guy who plays Edmure doesnt convince me at all, hope he gets better.

A lot of people seem to hate the Podrick scene with the whores but I loved it because I love Pod. It was funny and a nice break from all of the serious tones. Remember, the books have a ton of dark humor in them and the show needs to add that in in order to make it special. Podrick is an ass kicker. I want a show that is Tyrion/Pod/Bronn just traveling around and getting into and out of trouble.

Also people do not like the scene with Jeyne Westerling (I will never call her Talissa) but it is important to set up the seriousness of Karstark's scene next week (if the deed is done next week).

I gave it a 9.

No doubt the best episode of the series so far. Very very little I didn't like ... Blackfish treating Edmure rudely in front of his men and family for one thing. Other than that I really enjoyed it.

I loled at the Meereneese Knot! Great wink at the book readers and Martin, especially.