How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

9, best episode since season 1.

I'd say best episode since Blackwater, but Blackwater was standalone in its quality compared to the rest of season two. Barring that, I agree with you. They're back to season one standards. And with what's to come, this season will only get better!

They should watch more shows because they liked something more than you did? Because they found something they couldn't complain about, and were completely happy with? Oookay, buddy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But people here give out 10s way too easily IMO. I'm much more stingy ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you consider this episode "perfect television" despite its objectifying of women, plot-holes and filler scenes, then I have to question your idea of "perfect television". The show has a lot of room for improvement, and this episode pretty much summarised most of its major flaws.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you consider this episode "perfect television" despite its objectifying of women, plot-holes and filler scenes, then I have to question your idea of "perfect television". The show has a lot of room for improvement, and this episode pretty much summarised most of its major flaws.

I would love for you to discuss the plot holes.

Ah cumon! Yer a bit picky! :P

I would love for you to discuss the plot holes.

• There has been no mention of Robb's plan to lure the Mountain West at all prior to this episode.
  • Also Robb talking about "our country" in the West - what is he referring to?
  • Robb's concern over losing men, but nobody mentions the 4000 soldiers he lost when he married Talisa.
  • Jorah questioning Daenerys in front of Kraznys. Dany's arc last season (whilst badly written) at least led to Jorah realising that he can trust Daenerys because she knows what she's doing.
  • Littlefinger thanking Tyrion for freeing Ros even though Tyrion was the reason Ros was arrested in the first place, and even though Tyrion was incapable of doing anything after the Battle of the Blackwater.
  • Ramsay killing four of his own men.
  • Mance sending a group of 20 to attack Castle Black.
  • Two Lannister children being able to recognise Talisa as Robb's wife, despite no one in King's Landing even being aware of Robb's marriage yet. Or worse: if everyone in King's Landing is aware of Robb breaking his oath to the Freys, why is no one discussing it?
  • Daenerys not freeing Missandei. It's inconsistent with her book characterisation and also the characterisation on the show (she freed her khalasar as soon as she could, and she's always had a strong anti-slavery stance).
  • The lack of funds to pay for Unsullied. Dany could buy around 227 Unsullied if she sold the ship (that isn't hers to sell), her goods, and her Dothraki. So why did Jorah suggest buying Unsullied if Daenerys couldn't afford them?
  • Melisandre getting on a boat and sailing away from Dragonstone without knowing where she has to go.
  • The prostitutes not accepting Tyrion's money (the most likely solution is that Littlefinger arranged a free session to repay Tyrion... but again, this makes little sense; it's not in-line with the show's characterisation of Littlefinger, and it's not in-line with the show's characterisation of Tyrion, who doesn't have any interest in saving money).
  • Brienne being able to fight off her (attempted) rapists for the amount of time it took for Jaime to explain her value to Locke, and her rapists handing her back without a problem.

• There has been no mention of Robb's plan to lure the Mountain West at all prior to this episode.
  • Robb's concern over losing men, but nobody mentions the 4000 soldiers he lost when he married Talisa.
  • Jorah questioning Daenerys in front of Kraznys. Dany's arc last season (whilst badly written) at least led to Jorah realising that he can trust Daenerys because she knows what she's doing.
  • Littlefinger thanking Tyrion for freeing Ros even though Tyrion was the reason Ros was arrested in the first place, and even though Tyrion was incapable of doing anything after the Battle of the Blackwater.
  • Two Lannister children being able to recognise Talisa as Robb's wife, despite no one in King's Landing even being aware of Robb's marriage yet. Or worse: if everyone in King's Landing is aware of Robb breaking his oath to the Freys, why is no one discussing it?
  • Daenerys not freeing Missandei. It's inconsistent with her book characterisation and also the characterisation on the show (she freed her khalasar as soon as she could, and she's always had a strong anti-slavery stance).
  • The lack of funds to pay for Unsullied. Dany could buy around 227 Unsullied if she sold the ship (that isn't hers to sell), her goods, and her Dothraki. So why did Jorah suggest buying Unsullied if Daenerys couldn't afford them?
  • Melisandre getting on a boat and sailing away from Dragonstone without knowing where she has to go.
  • The prostitutes not accepting Tyrion's money (the most likely solution is that Littlefinger arranged a free session to repay Tyrion... but again, this makes little sense; it's not in-line with the show's characterisation of Littlefinger, and it's not in-line with the show's characterisation of Tyrion, who doesn't have any interest in saving money).
  • Brienne being able to fight off her (attempted) rapists for the amount of time it took for Jaime to explain her value to Locke, and her rapists handing her back without a problem.

I don't agree w/all of those points, but with most of them. Continuity and logical flow of events..from last season to this seaon...and from scene to scene in each location has been REALLY choppy and flawed, and in some cases could have been fairly easily rectified with a couple of lines here or there or a slightly different take on events.

I'm disappointed so far with this season, especially since according to D & D this is the year they've been waiting for. I expected a much smoother, better sense of the story than last season, and it feels even more disjointed so far.

We didn't know of Robb's plan in the book until they tell Edmure. And even so how's that a plot hole?

That was poorly worded, but I think he meant the crag and beyond. Not sure how you call that a plot hole.

Robb being hypocritical is not a plot hole.

I'm just going to stop there because its a long list and I already believe you're calling things plot holes with no justification.

I'm pretty sure she made that part of the deal for the Unsullied.

I loved the chair scene. I loved most of the episode, actually. The only really annoying things for me were:

So tired of whore scenes, and every time I see Ros my eyes roll. I thought the Pod whore scenes were boring and not funny, cute, or clever. Yawn.

The Stannis scene was so not Stannis.

End credits music was so jarring...completely took me out of the moment. The Jaime losing his hand scene was so well executed and then the music was completely disorienting.

I am going to go out on a limb here and give it a six. The Podrick brothel scenes were juvenile and left me embarrassed that I recommend the series to friends and family. I am not a prude, but I prefer entertainment that treats sex with more maturity than an "American Pie" movie. The rest of the episode was fairly uneventful, with the exception of Theon's escape and Jaime losing his hand at the end.

" In episode 2F09 when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder."

Edited by Pinkie Baelish

I gave it a 9/10. I think this is the best episode so far from season 3, there were some nice scenes includin Arya, Theon, Jamie and Dany. I also liked the part with Pod, laughed really hard, it is good to have some moments of joy because this season will be sad and dark. I think they could have made much better regarding Stannis and Melisandre scene ... I also liked the contrast at the end between the horror of Jamies and the music being played, for those who havent read the books i believe it was a double shocking moment :))

Edited by GeorgeIAF