[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

One thing I didn't understand, that little Talisa scene with the Lannister hostages...are they truthfully setting her up as a spy?

I think that scene was more about the showing the innocence of the Lannister hostages.

before Karstark kills them

Edited by Tom son of Tom

Burn Gorman apparently showed up in this episode since his name was in the credits (I didn't notice him at all, I'll have to rewatch). It seems odd to me that he's playing a glorified extra in the night's watch when he's a well established actor. Anyone have any ideas who his character might possibly be if he has one?

Edited by Frumpus

I LOVED THIS EPISODE! Hot PIe and the wolf-pasty was amazing, I was all "awww"! Watched with my non-reading boyfriend, he really enjoyed the episode as well! He was like "poor Jaime, just saved Brienne with the sapphires thing.. poor guy"! (+ boyfriend points). I was laughing so hard when Pod came back and the whores had refused his gold! "Copious. Details." haha! I'm really enjoying the scenes that aren't in the book, surprisingly. Loved the Meerenese Knot easter egg, and my bf did not understand why I giggled at that. :D So happy. Such a great episode. Little confused by whats going on with Theon, I mean, I thought for sure it was the Bastard who swung the morningstar. Alfie Allen has a cute little ass.

Burn Gorman apparently showed up in this episode since his name was in the credits (I didn't notice him at all, I'll have to rewatch). It seems odd to me that he's playing a glorified extra in the night's watch when he's a well established actor. Anyone have any ideas who his character might possibly be if he has one?

Maybe it will be more evident during/after the betrayal at Craster's? Or maybe he's going to be Coldhands?

Ew I thought the Bear and the Maiden Fair at the end was awful, by the way. I hated the rendition during the show as well, seemed very out of place in that setting. My only complaint about this episode is the song playing in the credits, good episode! Har!

Loved the Chair scene, found it hilarious. I liked most of the stuff in King's Landing, but I felt the Pod stuff was unnecessary, slowed the plot, and wasted time that could have been used somewhere else. Liked the reference to the Mereneese knot though and the establishment of the Iron Bank.

Arya and hot Pie was so cute, and sad to see him go. Loved Arya confronting the Hound and him just brushing her off

I liked that they kept Edmure missing with the arrows, but otherwise I don't like that they've made him completely incompetent. However the Blackfish is amazing.

I get the feeling that Sam the Slayer may never happen, and even if it does who will believe him.

Dany scenes were good, especially the bargaining scene, I loved how Barristan and Jorah were so distraught about the dragon, I remember feeling that way the first time I read it. I'm wondering whether they'll keep her being able to understand the trader in, since they still haven't made mention of it. I loved that they kept the line that Rhaegar was honourable, he was true, and he died. One of the best lines from the books.

Ramsay is really just messing Theon up... I love it as we're gonna see Theon just completely decimated mentally.

I like how they're bringing Jaime around to become somewhat redeemed by protecting Brienne as best he can, although I doubt show watchers will ever come to like him as much as book readers have.

The Bear and the Maiden Fair was amazing when the Bolton's sang it, although I wasn't really a fan of the Punk version.

My favourite part was when Jaime's hand was cut off he looked at it as though he didn't realize for half a second, then shock and disbelief then just utter pain, played perfectly by Nikolaj.

Edited by Blair Dale

Right, but mafalda made a comment on the previous page about getting what it represented. I just didn't know if there was some reference that I didn't get.

Sorry! I guess I should have clarified it for other people who were confused with me. The Walk of Punishment is the area where slaves are punished in Astapor.. When Dany was walking with Jorah and Barristan, one of them says something about the walk of punishment then gestures to the row of whipped slaves. There was an entire board here with posters guessing at what the title of the episode meant prior to airing.

Wonder what's gonna piss Karstark off so bad that he kills the lannister hostages. Can't remember if he has kids in this show or not.

His son was killed by Jamie during his first escape attempt, and he's been shown fuming and wanting revenge for his sons - the plural being one that was killed in battle I suppose, perhaps by Jaimie again.

Ew I thought the Bear and the Maiden Fair at the end was awful, by the way. I hated the rendition during the show as well, seemed very out of place in that setting. My only complaint about this episode is the song playing in the credits, good episode! Har!

Yeah,

I can't imagine Butterbumps singing that! lol

Loved the Chair scene, found it hilarious. I liked most of the stuff in King's Landing, but I felt the Pod stuff was unnecessary, slowed the plot, and wasted time that could have been used somewhere else. Liked the reference to the Mereneese knot though and the establishment of the Iron Bank.

Arya and hot Pie was so cute, and sad to see him go. Loved Arya confronting the Hound and him just brushing her off

I liked that they kept Edmure missing with the arrows, but otherwise I don't like that they've made him completely incompetent. However the Blackfish is amazing.

Dany scenes were good, especially the bargaining scene, I loved how Barristan and Jorah were so distraught about the dragon, I remember feeling that way the first time I read it. I'm wondering whether they'll keep her being able to understand the trader in, since they still haven't made mention of it. I loved that they kept the line that Rhaegar was honourable, he was true, and he died. One of the best lines from the books.

Ramsay is really just messing Theon up... I love it as we're gonna see Theon just completely decimated mentally.

I like how they're bringing Jaime around to become somewhat redeemed by protecting Brienne as best he can, although I doubt show watchers will ever come to like him as much as book readers have.

The Bear and the Maiden Fair was amazing when the Bolton's sang it, although I wasn't really a fan of the Punk version.

My favourite part was when Jaime's hand was cut off he looked at it as though he didn't realize for half a second, then shock and disbelief then just utter pain, played perfectly by Nikolaj.

I was wondering WHAT was Arya talking about when she said to the Hound "Do you remember the last time you were here?". After reading this I remembered she does not stop talking to him about what he did to Micah from Season 1!

I was like "What?! When has Arya seen the Hound outside of the castle?!"

I'm posting way too much, but this episode was really good!