[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

so by end of season jamie returns to KL for gold hand & Oathkeeper, tyrion marries sansa, joeff dies at his wedding tyrion is framed for S escape too by varys/QoT/LF, RW happens, jamie returns to HH with IP training to save B in BEAR PIT saves her gives her oathkeeper & she goes to find lady C but might find lady S. then Jamie returns to KL to free tyrion we get tysha/i killed your son scene then tyrion kills shae/tywin. enough lannister for for 7 episodes i hope so

Man, if that's the bizarre art the White Walkers like to do in snow, imagine what they'll be like when they come across a genuine crop field!

Also, loved seeing the Hound bop his head on the wagon. :P

Edited by Sharpes

The Blackfish was badass, that funeral scene was awesome, Dany/Barristan/Jorah were great, I really liked the Rhaegar reference.

What also was cool was seeing Tywin, Varys, Littlefinger, Pycelle, Cersei, and Tyrion all in the same room. The little game of chairs was hilarious, Cersei and Tyrion were funny.

Jaime's hand being cut off was a great scene.

Edited by DragonsHungry

good to see riverunn in the credits and just a qustion when robb was yelling at edmure was he talking about tywin or the mountain cause tywin is all the way in kings landing also it was nice to see the lannister boys martin and the other one, didnt like that talisa isnt acting liek a proper queen and that the freys leaving is still not mentioned and i definitly didnt like that she tells them robb stark turns into a wolf whats the point of that it will only make robb seem like a monster. i loved the ending locke is one hell of an actor and jaimes reaction before the credits....... PRiCELESS

Could someone please answer this for me. Was the music supposed to start before the hand was cut off because it did for me? Or was it supposed to start during the credits?

wait for a better version from torrents :), the same thing happened to me last week... and this one. I got no Jaime scream :)). I'm not worried, I'll see it tonight, legit on HBO :).

Yeah, they totally blew Stannis' character. What with him letting it slip he "wanted her." It isn't like they have a relationship/sex (outside of shadow babies) in the books. And it is totally OOC for how we see them interact in private together. Wait. We don't see the later.

Still complete character assassination. /end sarcasm.

Great ep!

Is Mel gonna bang Gendry?

Pod is awesome.

Jon is gonna be prevalent from know on I think.

Theon rape scene was... disturbing.

Like how they cleared up the Brienne vs Jaime fight.

Jaime should have been a little more badass before he loses his hand, though. He is a member of the kingsguard and a Lannister, and he was shaking when he had a knife to his eye. Book reader bias always finds flaws.

Guys Stannis is supposed to be weak and defeated at this point. That's why he is being portrayed as weak and defeated.

This x 100. We don't receive any book scenes of Stannis reacting to the initial aftermath of Blackwater. It's just Davos sitting in his cell for god knows how long. It seems perfectly normal for Stannis to be frustrated, desperate, and lustful just after such a crushing defeat.

One thing that's making me chuckle is how everyone is up in arms about the song at the end and yet mad that Locke/Vargo doesn't have a lisp.

Edited by Warden of the North121

so by end of season jamie returns to KL for gold hand & Oathkeeper, tyrion marries sansa, joeff dies at his wedding tyrion is framed for S escape too by varys/QoT/LF, RW happens, jamie returns to HH with IP training to save B in BEAR PIT saves her gives her oathkeeper & she goes to find lady C but might find lady S. then Jamie returns to KL to free tyrion we get tysha/i killed your son scene then tyrion kills shae/tywin. enough lannister for for 7 episodes i hope so

All that in 7 episodes ? I was thinking the RW, Stannis at the Wall/Jon Snow Commander, Joffrey dying/Sensa escaping Arya taking the boat, Dany sitting on her 'throne' in Meereen Saying "and now I will rule"

Yeah, they totally blew Stannis' character. What with him letting it slip he "wanted her." It isn't like they have a relationship/sex (outside of shadow babies) in the books. And it is totally OOC for how we see them interact in private together. Wait. We don't see the later.

Yes he does. In the Mel chapter of ADWD, she notes how her bed has had little use since Stannis has been gone. They weren't just doing the deed to get shadow babies.

THe problem with that is that if we saw more of Stannis than we could have a better feel for his overall character and how he is. Unfortunately, all we are seeing of him is this bitchy guy complaining and begging Mel to give him stuff; like he's six and she has the quarters to his favorite Arcade game. If they gave Satnnis more face-time, I would be able to forgive it, but they do NOT have that kind of time to give him so they just make him whiney and petulant. Meh...

LIke I said, I get that he is weakening, but that does not mean he should be a weakling.

We don't receive any book scenes of Stannis reacting to the initial aftermath of Blackwater. It's just Davos sitting in his cell for god knows how long. It seems perfectly normal for Stannis to be frustrated, desperate, and lustful just after such a crushing defeat.

Not entirely true; we see that Stannis is a wreck; that he mourns Renly (not bitching that Renly laghed at him) and that he WILL NOT take retribution out on his lesser supporters- the scene where he is advuised to invade and butcher a small island that went back over to Joff. Stannis, wisely, refuses. We see that he is still in command; still leading; no quit in him. He also listens to Davos (kind of important); that he is working and that he REFUSES to kill Edric Storm to please Mel. This is hardly the same guy who chaes Mel to the beach to beg her for some nooky and to make another shadow baby.

However, do not mistake me- it can't be like the book; I accept that certain changes need tp be made and time is of the essence. I just think there was a more reasonable and effctive way to present Stannis than what we saw.

Edited by Rockroi

Loved the episode. Stannis got friendzoned hard! Poor Stannis. They did a nice job explaining the Iron Bank of Braavos too. The sapphires bit was just as good in the books!

VERY minor bookreader complaints:

They were too mean to Edmure! He was a fuck-up in the book, but it's clear that Catelyn and even Blackfish still love him; that was not at all clear here.

How the hell did Ramsay Snow become such an amazing archer killing like 5 guys using 6 arrows? I like the book description of Ramsay better, he has brute strength and base cunning, but he's not a skilled warrior.

Why on earth did Locke think it was okay to maim a valuable prisoner. Robb's not going to like that. Maybe Roose told him to do it. I'm sure there are things we don't know yet....

You would think Riverrun's maester would be charge of tending to the wounds of nobleman prisoners, and why would someone as kind as Talisa supposedly is want to torment those poor kids with tales of werewolves? That was kind of mean.

Wait, what? He should not even be shaking when he is chained with a knife to his eye?

Ya, that comment made me guffaw. Jaime is not superhuman. A man still has reflexes. Jesus.

Edited by Khal Pono