[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

I would favor this interpretation. Introducing the Moat Cailin scene this early would be just too major a departure from the books, and to no apparent end.

follow me here... asha is at deepwood motte & sends a small force to take over calilin. she will be in this season just like she was last. in season 4 she will try her queensmoot while thinking theon is dead (but by end he becomes reek!) so theons first betrayal or signal into madness is to help ramsay unwittingly kill the one of the last ironborn forces. then by RW he is being totured & his skin placed in robbs or catelyns hands

next season we will get ramsay & reek back in winterfell im thinking while asha & other greyjoys get their shit together

Edited by theREALjonsnow

follow me here... asha is at deepwood motte & sends a small force to take over calilin. she will be in this season just like she was last. in season 4 she will try her queensmoot while thinking theon is dead (but by end he becomes reek!) so theons first betrayal or signal into madness is to help ramsay unwittingly kill the one of the last ironborn forces. then by RW he is being totured & his skin placed in robbs or catelyns hands

next season we will get ramsay & reek back in winterfell im thinking while asha & other greyjoys get their shit together

The problem I have with this scenario is that there's no mention at all in any of the Episode previews up through E08 about anyone from the Ironborn (except Theon, of course). I don't even know if they plan to bring up the Kingsmoot this season.

Sounds good but unlikely to happen. Maybe if they had more than ten episodes a season...

Really, GoT should be using 26 episode seasons instead of ten. HBO should spend big on the series.

So I guess I am embarrassed because it never really occurred to me (until my reread of the Tyrion chapter in SoS) just what role Ros would actually play and now it seems so obvious to me... Say hello to the fake Arya Stark~!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't put 2 and 2 together... :(

Edited by Zombie

Just rewatched E03. Another small deviation from the books - Missandei, after Dany "buys" her, answers that she has no family living. I suppose they are not including the storyline about her brothers in the Unsullied...

Edited by Jam Maester Jay

So I guess I am embarrassed because it never really occurred to me (until my reread of the Tyrion chapter in SoS) just what role Ros would actually play and now it seems so obvious to me... Say hello to the fake Arya Stark~!

This might be a joke I did not get, but anyway... How could that work? A tom boyish-y 12 year old brunette girl disappears for a year and suddenly she becomes a (at least) 20-something year old really hot redhead. If that were not enough, Ros actually comes from Winterfell.

There's actually a specific topic about this in the General GoT thread - apparently one of the more popular theories seems to be that Ros could very well be used for that purpose, and if so the "role to play" would be changed to Fake Sansa instead of Fake Arya? Eh... it's possible, IMO.

There's actually a specific topic about this in the General GoT thread - apparently one of the more popular theories seems to be that Ros could very well be used for that purpose, and if so the "role to play" would be changed to Fake Sansa instead of Fake Arya? Eh... it's possible, IMO.

Ya I can only see this theory working if it was Sansa and even then it's a bit of a strech seeing that Ros seems to look a lot older than Sansa. Also does tv Littlefinger know Arya's alive from his trip to Harrenhal in season 2? I seem to vaguely remember him mentioning something about Arya being alive to Sansa in the season three premiere, of course this could just be the same bs her threw at Cat in season 2 but still it makes me wonder....

I have no idea either. He gave Arya a funny look back in S2 when he saw her that may or may not have been one of recognition. He's also a known liar, especially if it means getting to manipulate one of either of the red haired ladies in his life.

If he really recognized Arya in Harrenhal it would be a stretch to me that he didn't do anything about it. Littlefinger is opportunistic enough to try and zip her up while he had the chance, and keep her safely tucked away until he could use her as a trump card.

Couple questions about Theon. I know what happens in the books, but I'm not sure what Weiss and Benioff are going with things.

Is the guy that helped Theon escape the same guy that saved him from the 3 soldiers? Why would Ramsay kill Bolton men? I would have thought that Ramsay sent those three men, or that he was one of them.

Basically, can someone explain that part?

Is the guy that helped Theon escape the same guy that saved him from the 3 soldiers?

No. He is Ramsay.

Why would Ramsay kill Bolton men? I would have thought that Ramsay sent those three men, or that he was one of them.

Bad guys kill their subordinates a lot in fiction. That's how they roll.

Also, he crazy.

I have no idea either. He gave Arya a funny look back in S2 when he saw her that may or may not have been one of recognition. He's also a known liar, especially if it means getting to manipulate one of either of the red haired ladies in his life.

If he really recognized Arya in Harrenhal it would be a stretch to me that he didn't do anything about it. Littlefinger is opportunistic enough to try and zip her up while he had the chance, and keep her safely tucked away until he could use her as a trump card.

I agree. Littlefinger would have turned Arya over in a second if he truly recognized her. Or at least kidnap her and keep her hostage. I think he was definitely lying to gain Sansa's trust.

Couple questions about Theon. I know what happens in the books, but I'm not sure what Weiss and Benioff are going with things.

Is the guy that helped Theon escape the same guy that saved him from the 3 soldiers? Why would Ramsay kill Bolton men? I would have thought that Ramsay sent those three men, or that he was one of them.

Basically, can someone explain that part?

He wants Theon to trust him. Before he betrays him, he gets kick off of it. His men went along with the plan of the deception, but they didn't know about his final deal of the plan, to kill them.

I agree. Littlefinger would have turned Arya over in a second if he truly recognized her. Or at least kidnap her and keep her hostage. I think he was definitely lying to gain Sansa's trust.

I disagree, remember Littlefinger only works for himself, and he believes knowledge is power. I think it plays perfectly into his character to keep his knowledge of Arya's whereabouts secret until its in his best interest (like gaining Sansa trust [theoretically if this wasn't a lie]). What would handing Arya over to Tywin at that moment grant him? Gratitude? and how could he kidnap Tywin's cupbearer without him noticing? thats not how LF rolls.

LF was already playing another game with the Tyrells, Lannisters, and Catlyn at this time. He probably started thinking of how to play the Arya piece for a later game, how could he ever imagine Arya (a girl of 12) would escape.

Edit: just occured to me, if LF was assuming he would inherit Harenhall for his actions, he could safley assume he would inherit Arya the servant with it and thusly Arya would be his in the long run

Edited by FacelessSnow

This is really odd indeed. It's extremely weird that they would bring a relatively "big name" just to die the next episode. And I really don't see how they could expand this role. He'll probably kill Mormont, survive, and get his end later in the season somehow.

Its basically a cameo role, Burn Gorman probably just took it on for fun.

Yes, others have put 2 and 2 together and gotten 3 :P I think it very unlikely that Ros will play the role of Fake!Arya. Either they introduce Jeyne this season in LF's brothel, or Ramsay will marry Talisa, using her position as Robb's former queen to boost his authority. I was going to say that Ros would most likely be killed by LF after the PW but apparently we haven't seen the last of Ser Dontos, which suggests he will be taking the fall as in the books. So I'm not sure what Ros will be doing, but I really can't see what role she might play in the end game.

Yes, others have put 2 and 2 together and gotten 3 :P I think it very unlikely that Ros will play the role of Fake!Arya. Either they introduce Jeyne this season in LF's brothel, or Ramsay will marry Talisa, using her position as Robb's former queen to boost his authority. I was going to say that Ros would most likely be killed by LF after the PW but apparently we haven't seen the last of Ser Dontos, which suggests he will be taking the fall as in the books. So I'm not sure what Ros will be doing, but I really can't see what role she might play in the end game.

But they already have an actress playing Jeyne Poole. Why wouldn't they just use her for the Jeyne/(F)Arya storyline? That is, unless the actress is not up for the task - it is pretty horrifying.

She was just an extra in once scene. No way she is returning

Whether or not they use the same actress, it seems silly to change the entire plot just because the producers don't want to use an "extra" later on. It seems to me more likely they would re-introduce Jeyne, whether its the same actress or a different one, rather than change the plot line to have something ridiculous like Ros act as a stand-in for Jeyne/(F)Arya.