[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

Did Sam find the Dragonglass in the last season? I wonder when they'll make Sam the Slayer if not ...

I think I saw in the synopsis that he meets an old man in episode 8.... so Coldhands :), probably he becomes a slayer before that.

Does it blow up Stannis character...no...but him admitting he wants her as more than a service to his kingship is weak.

I don't know, this is worse "character assassination" than the Catelyn scene last week.

They're making Stannis a one dimensional, power crazed villain completely in the thrall of Melisandre. In the books, while some readers may feel that way, its a more complicated, nuanced portrait.

Edited by LyannaStargaryen

I don't know, this is worse "character assassination" than the Catelyn scene last week.

They're making Stannis a one dimensional, power crazed villain completely in the thrall of Melisandre. In the books, while some readers may feel that way, its a more complicated, nuanced portrait.

I don't disagree, but was just talking about the once scene. Adding up everything they have done...well, it is a very different person than what we were given to expect.

Similar to how Davos was arrested - not because she saw him attempting to kill her, but because he draws a knife on her.

I can't even watch the episode yet but just reading those words (Jaime screamed) makes me feel slightly sick. Even knowing it's coming, acted out with a 3-D person has made me full of dread all day (honestly, longer than that, really)... which is all to say I can't believe how deep of a connection I feel to this totally made-up character. It's like it's truly "real" once it's acted out physically. Weird, I know.

Edited by Jolene Brown

Sapphires! Yes!

“Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. And Rhaegar died” made it in. Yessssssss.

Blackfish was awesome. A++++.

Arya and Hot Pie with the bread wolf? So cute. So freaking cute. As was Gendry awkwardly clapping Hot Pie in the shoulder.

"The Bear and the Maiden Fair" cracked me up both times.. The first time it made me laugh because the Bolton men were such improbably good singers. The second time it made me laugh was that punk rock version played right after Jaime Lannister lost his hand. It was such a random juxtaposition that it was weirdly hilarious.

Edited by Newstar

The Merenese knot comment had my laughing more than anything this series has ever done. Great scene with Pod, Tyrion, and Bronn. I know there are some that don't like the sex in the series, but I thought that it was well done tonight.