[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

I think they completely fucked up on casting Edmure, they make him seem so so so stupid when he isn't actually dumb in the books, just naive. What was with the credits music? Even though the episode is over it really disrupts the moment of Jaime.

The Merenese knot comment had my laughing more than anything this series has ever done. Great scene with Pod, Tyrion, and Bronn. I know there are some that don't like the sex in the series, but I thought that it was well done tonight.

My personal favorite was 'Lord Twat-beard.' New favorite name for Littlefinger.

This episode was really great, and I'm so glad they kept many of the book scenes in and even with much of the same dialogue. I just keep getting more and more excited for the end of the season, because they're doing a fine job.

The ending scene was, of course, shocking and traumatic and amazing but I didn't like it in juxtaposition to the rock A Bear and Maiden Fair closing.

I think they completely fucked up on casting Edmure, they make him seem so so so stupid when he isn't actually dumb in the books, just naive. What was with the credits music? Even though the episode is over it really disrupts the moment of Jaime.

It would have been awkward to me if Locke's men had not sung it earlier in the episode. I can understand why it felt weird to some. It was ok to me, but I would have preferred something different.

Edited by Tom son of Tom

Lol @ The Bear and the Maiden Fair being turned into a rock song!

How did I NOT see what "The walk of punishment" referred to?! When I saw that it was a total DUH moment for me.

Was Missandei not weirded out that Dany understood what Valar morghulis meant?

Lord Hoster's funeral was just what I imagined!

It was sad saying goodbye to Hot Pie :(

I was for sure this episode would be Ramsay's big reveal! Maybe other people were right when they said DD will let "Boy" stretch on to the RW.

Pod losing his virginity.. something they really didn't need to include. Strange that they did.

I knew Jaime losing his hand would be the final scene and it was brilliantly done!

Looking forward to next week when Dany tricks Kraznys, we see more QoT, and the betrayal at Craster's Keep. Great episode tonight!

I like the way they're developing the Theon story since all of that was off-camera in the books.

Brienne/Jaime scenes were great. I miss Thaphhireth, but would not work in a show.

I thought the Small Council chair activity was funny, but I doubt Tywin would have so much patience!

Looks like Kartstark will kill the young Lannisters after all. :( But it's good that they're keeping that story on track.

I loved the mention of the whore being able to do a merenesse knot! what a nod to book readers. Overall i thought it was a great episode. The scene with Craster was awesome. It was like a nod to us who read the Heretic thread.

The scene with Pod, Bronn, and Tyrion was hilarious. Nice to have some light hearted scenes and not have everything be so bleek.

Last week everyone was complaining and making a stink about how they should have made it more clear that Jamie was at a severe disadvantage when fighting Brienne and that she made him look like a chump. I think they cleared that up pretty well.

I think it sucks that we do not have Vargo Hoat and that the man who has Jamie prisoner is just an unknown Bolton bannerman. Makes no sense that a Westerosi noble would cut off his hand really considering Jamie's worth from a ransom and his worth to Robb and Roose. Vargo Hoat at least was a savage who didn't care.

I thought the introduction to the Blackfish and Edmure stayed true to the essence of the books despite the obvious plot difference.

I think it is obvious that Karstark will kill the Lannister boys, or else why show them?

The next episode is going to be epic. We will get Dany's dracarys, the NW mutiny, and much much more. The exposition and set up is finally over with this episode! The stage is set!

Looking forward to all the silly hand puns in TV critics' reviews of this episode, by the way.

The wordless rearranging of the chairs was so funny: Cersei dragging her chair to the other side of the table, and Tyrion moving his chair to sit opposite Tywin.

Edited by Newstar

WOW....showrunners put the Meereenese knot in. What a great easter egg!

Very good episode, definitely the best in this young season. The Blackfish was suitably baddass and Edmure dull-witted. Lulz over Pod. Well-endowed. he??? And that last scene. wow. You have to wonder how far along those rapers got with Brienne. :( And even though I knew it was coming, Jaime's end was great/awful.

I watch with my non book reader sister and her just reading book one now boyfriend, and they both kind of cheered when Jaime got his hand cut off saying he got what he deserved, whereas I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Watching it happen is so different than reading it. I think my imagination played it down.